Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/9/2001 5:43:39 PM EDT
WHO HERE HAS AN AR 10- I OWN AN FAL-WAS THINKING OF BUYING A AR10  -WOULD LIKE TO HAVE YOUR FEED BACK ON PROS AND CONS BESIDES THE MAGS.
Link Posted: 9/9/2001 6:15:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
WHO HERE HAS AN AR 10- I OWN AN FAL-WAS THINKING OF BUYING A AR10  -WOULD LIKE TO HAVE YOUR FEED BACK ON PROS AND CONS BESIDES THE MAGS.
View Quote

.33 MOA with my AR-10T.
Link Posted: 9/9/2001 7:37:46 PM EDT
[#2]
I don't own one, but a good friend lets me shoot his all the time.  It is the AR10T with the 24" barrel.  Very accurate and a pleasure to shoot.  Recoil is nice with all the weight in the barrel and its recoil system.  Never had any trouble that wasn't mag related.  

I really like the looks of the the retro AR10B.  Would be interested in hearing from someone that has one or shot one...

Link Posted: 9/9/2001 7:40:03 PM EDT
[#3]
I like mine.

It's makin me buggy getting it to cycle right but I like it.
Link Posted: 9/9/2001 8:42:32 PM EDT
[#4]
I like mine, although it did take a trip back to the factory before it extracted properly.  Just like a '15 on steroids.  Check the forum on this board.
Link Posted: 9/10/2001 5:22:43 AM EDT
[#5]
The AR10 is rather heavy and mags are expensive. But it's accuracy potential is far greater than the FAL. I have both and love both. Don't ask me to sell either.
Link Posted: 9/10/2001 6:02:21 AM EDT
[#6]
I have the ArmaLite AR-10T in both .308 and .243.  Both are excellent but I like the .243 a little better - higher muzzle velocity equals flatter trajectory.
You don't mention which FAL you own but even if it is an FN L.A.R. 50.00 Match I don't believe you'll be disappointed in the AR-10T.
Link Posted: 9/10/2001 9:51:08 AM EDT
[#7]
fuatos,
 I have two AR-10Bs. They`re well made rifles. I haven`t shot either one, that`s why I have the A2 for. If you are really interested in one,I have an early one with the chocolate brown A2 furniture I would be willing to part with. E-mail me if you`re interested.

Shovelhead,
Besides the expensive mags, I don`t really know of any downside.If you can field strip an Ar, you can fieldstrip an AR-10. With the mags, you can use M-14 mags with out a bolt hold open if you just have a hole cut for the Ar mag retention. I`m doing that now to see how it works.
Link Posted: 9/10/2001 12:24:09 PM EDT
[#8]
I love mine,as far as being reliable,it's been flawless.It's very accurate too,only my HK comes close but not enough.No downside except for magazines.
Link Posted: 9/10/2001 12:34:53 PM EDT
[#9]
Shovelhead69,

I only have about 120 rounds through my AR10T.  So far it has been 100% reliable using Federal Match grade ammo, and shoots sub MOA.  The trigger is excellent, and fit-finish perfect.  All I have used are the Armalite mags that came with the rifle.

James

Link Posted: 9/10/2001 2:01:03 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
... With the mags, you can use M-14 mags with out a bolt hold open if you just have a hole cut for the Ar mag retention. I`m doing that now to see how it works.
View Quote

The mag followers nose-dive after the last shot. It doesn't look too good. Doesn't help anything. Armalite used to sell just the followers. You might ask about those.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top