Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/3/2007 12:15:00 PM EDT
What is the MOS for an M1/Bradley/Stryker driver? Is there a universal one or does each vehicle get it's own MOS?  Just curious.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 12:20:31 PM EDT
[#1]
M1 Abrams Tank Crewman was 19K when I was in. I believe there is no fixed MOS for the Bradley, you could be a 19D Cav Scout, or an 11B Infantryman, and still end up crewing on one. That's the way it used to be. It might be different now.
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 12:21:09 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
What is the MOS for an M1/Bradley/Stryker driver? Is there a universal one or does each vehicle get it's own MOS?  Just curious.

Thanks.

M1 Abrams: 19K M1 Armor Crewman

M2 Bradley: 11B Infantryman - Used to be 11M Mechanized Infantryman, but it's been consolidated

M3 Bradley Scout: 19D Cavalry Scout

Stryker: Too many to list... Combat Engineers, Mortar Infantry, Cavalry Scouts, and Armor Crewmen all have their own separate variants... And of course there's the generic Infantry version...

They have come with a Stryker concept for any and all roles that the M113 and HMMWV have had, combined - PLUS the tank-wannabe MGS (a 19K vehicle... I've talked to 19Ks at Ft Lewis, in the Stryker BCTs... Not a single M1 on Lewis, but we've got Kilos running around, and only one vehicle even close to what they're trained for (MGS Stryker))!

Officers are 'branched', not given a MOS, so an Armor officer may end up in tanks, or scout vehicles (M3 Bradley, Recon Stryker, etc)....

Link Posted: 12/3/2007 12:21:40 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Thanks.

19K is Tanker = M1 Abrams
19D Cav Scouts = Bradley
11B- Infantrymen w/ additional skill identifier = Bradley
I believe stryker crewmen are 11B (Infantry) with additional skill identifier.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top