Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 8/17/2012 9:15:47 AM EDT
http://www.youtube.com/watch?f&v=gukwO4uCgTY#!

Back to the basement to regroup and try again tomorrow!
Link Posted: 8/17/2012 9:34:08 AM EDT
[#1]
good glassing

Link Posted: 8/17/2012 9:35:11 AM EDT
[#2]
Those guys earned their money,, and did a very professional job!
Link Posted: 8/17/2012 9:35:54 AM EDT
[#3]
Guards did good.

Training works.

Especially the guy that gets back to the principal within a second.  That is how it's supposed to be done.  Neutralize the threat and get the principal out of the danger zone.
Link Posted: 8/17/2012 9:36:48 AM EDT
[#4]
That guy possesses a particular set of skills......
Link Posted: 8/17/2012 9:37:34 AM EDT
[#5]

That fucking idiot..!!!  And I bet he tries it again!

Great reaction by those bodyguards.

Link Posted: 8/17/2012 9:40:38 AM EDT
[#6]
Legally speaking, what allows bodyguards to assault people?  That guy was asking for an autograph.  If someone approached me on the street asking for my signature, I wouldn't be justified in slamming them into a door.  Obviously bodyguards are allowed to do this, but how?
Link Posted: 8/17/2012 9:40:45 AM EDT
[#7]
Tell me more about the legs that walked out before her......
Link Posted: 8/17/2012 9:41:46 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Legally speaking, what allows bodyguards to assault people?  That guy was asking for an autograph.  If someone approached me on the street asking for my signature, I wouldn't be justified in slamming them into a door.  Obviously bodyguards are allowed to do this, but how?

Guards operated well within the bounds of reason.  No legal issue for them at all.
Link Posted: 8/17/2012 9:42:21 AM EDT
[#9]
"Fan attacks her" ???

The guy was a dumbass autograph hound waving a piece of paper and a pen.Sometimes I wish some of these celebrity a-holes and their goon squads would get some comeuppance in court.
Link Posted: 8/17/2012 9:42:33 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 8/17/2012 9:43:11 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Guards operated well within the bounds of reason.  No legal issue for them at all.

I understand why they're allowed to do this, but is there a special exemption in the law for licensed bodyguards?  I'm looking for the how, not the why, because they definitely operate by a different set of rules than normal people.
Link Posted: 8/17/2012 9:43:26 AM EDT
[#12]
I think the p90-x is really starting to pay off.
Link Posted: 8/17/2012 9:45:34 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 8/17/2012 9:45:52 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I understand why they're allowed to do this, but is there a special exemption in the law for licensed bodyguards?  I'm looking for the how, not the why, because they definitely operate by a different set of rules than normal people.

well this also happened in Romania.  many countries don't take "assault" as serious as others.
Link Posted: 8/17/2012 9:46:49 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Yep. He was able to climb the stairs out of the basement.
Link Posted: 8/17/2012 9:47:59 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Legally speaking, what allows bodyguards to assault people? That guy was asking for an autograph. If someone approached me on the street asking for my signature, I wouldn't be justified in slamming them into a door. Obviously bodyguards are allowed to do this, but how?

Guards operated well within the bounds of reason. No legal issue for them at all.

I understand why they're allowed to do this, but is there a special exemption in the law for licensed bodyguards? I'm looking for the how, not the why, because they definitely operate by a different set of rules than normal people.

Fairly easy to articulate the threat in that situation.  Video is good evidence. Plenty of witnesses on your side.  

Fuckstain wasn't bleeding, nothing to see here.
Link Posted: 8/17/2012 9:48:20 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 8/17/2012 9:48:33 AM EDT
[#18]
Wasn't an ARFCOMMER...........

..............an Arfcommer would have bladed.
Link Posted: 8/17/2012 9:49:24 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:
"Fan attacks her" ???

The guy was a dumbass autograph hound waving a piece of paper and a pen.Sometimes I wish some of these celebrity a-holes and their goon squads would get some comeuppance in court.

So the only way to find out if someone is an autograph hound or a crazed attacker is to let them do what they want and see what happens?  

So if I wanted to murder a celebrity, I could just have a piece of paper and a pen in one hand (while holding my stabbing knife in the other), and be allowed to run up to anyone I want because it LOOKS like I want an autograph?

You're over-complicating it. You could just stab them with the pen.
Link Posted: 8/17/2012 9:49:40 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The guy didn't just calmly walk up and ask for an autograph - if that were the case I am confident things would have proceeded much differently.

Guy was super aggressive and they didn't have time to do anything else.

Guy acted as a real threat and was treated like one.
Link Posted: 8/17/2012 9:50:36 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:
"Fan attacks her" ???

So the only way to find out if someone is an autograph hound or a crazed attacker is to let them do what they want and see what happens?  

So if I wanted to murder a celebrity, I could just have a piece of paper and a pen in one hand (while holding my stabbing knife in the other), and be allowed to run up to anyone I want because it LOOKS like I want an autograph?

He's referring to the fact that celebrities seem to have a special set of rules that they operate by that don't apply to you and I.

Which is true.  
And you know how it works?  They have money.

Next question?
Link Posted: 8/17/2012 9:50:41 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

this.

Link Posted: 8/17/2012 9:50:41 AM EDT
[#23]
If some guy approached me like that he would be getting an elbow to the head. I have zero problem with this, the guy looked a bit over zealous. He was not walking up asking for an autograph, he was charging.
Link Posted: 8/17/2012 9:51:14 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:
"Fan attacks her" ???

He had a piece of paper in one hand and a pen in the other. If I did that to one of the bums that I encounter at least once a week when I'm filling my gas tank at night, I'd expect to get arrested. Celebrity does not mean that a person is so holy that force must be used on peasants who dare approach.
Link Posted: 8/17/2012 9:51:19 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

They are in Romania

ETA: still saw where someone beat me to it.  Either way I think that they could articulate the threat to police.
Link Posted: 8/17/2012 9:52:05 AM EDT
[#26]
Thoomp.

Hahahahahahahahah!
Link Posted: 8/17/2012 9:54:31 AM EDT
[#27]
Good pummel.  

In other things, it's interesting to see Lady Ga Ga is toning down her wardrobe.
Link Posted: 8/17/2012 9:54:43 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:

They are in Romania

ETA: still saw where someone beat me to it.  Either way I think that they could articulate the threat to police.

I just don't see a credible threat.  Pen in one hand, paper in the other?  Obviously leaning forward to give them to her?  There was no actual physical threat there.  

Yes, it happened in Romania, but the same reaction would have taken place if this happened in the US and no one would have been charged with assault.

Edit: I want to reiterate that I understand why bodyguards have to react quickly to people getting close.  It makes sense.  It does not, however, seem to mesh with my understanding of US law.
Link Posted: 8/17/2012 9:55:08 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

good glassing  

For a signature? I'd put that pen in that fucker's balls.

Link Posted: 8/17/2012 9:55:22 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep. He was able to climb the stairs out of the basement.

LESSON LEARNED:  Leave the basement and you will be beat up.
Link Posted: 8/17/2012 9:57:43 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

You mean Legs Go All The Way Up Griffin? LOL

Link Posted: 8/17/2012 9:58:57 AM EDT
[#32]
The bodygard didn't even take him down hard. Looks like the guy just fell.
Link Posted: 8/17/2012 10:01:10 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
"Fan attacks her" ???

He's referring to the fact that celebrities seem to have a special set of rules that they operate by that don't apply to you and I.

Which is true.  
And you know how it works?  They have money.

Next question?

That's not fair. They should accept their fair share of violence.

Link Posted: 8/17/2012 10:02:38 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

It was in Romania.
Link Posted: 8/17/2012 10:55:07 AM EDT
[#35]
Random Euro-slut > Lady Gaga any day of the week.
Link Posted: 8/17/2012 11:01:27 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

The fact that the person they are guarding has lots of money.
Link Posted: 8/17/2012 11:02:51 AM EDT
[#37]
If you or I did that to someone who ran up to us in exactly that manner (to include knee on head routine) we'd be charged with battery.  Just sayin.  It'd be on us to show after the fact that we were in reasonable fear for our safety.  Good luck with the jury.

ETA: I think body guards of someone with a big profile and lots of stalker fans would probably have an easier time convincing said jury than you or I.  I bet that's why they don't get charged very often.  The fact remains the dude came in to see her, saw she was leaving and appeared to hurry to catch her before she left.  She's of course free to ignore him, but the guards didn't just block access.  They attacked.  
Link Posted: 8/17/2012 11:04:16 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Can I do that to the next person who tries to talk to me in public when I don't feel like talking? How about the moochers asking for donations every time you go to Walmart? Just trying to find the boundaries here.
Link Posted: 8/17/2012 11:05:47 AM EDT
[#39]
Fucking assholes. I tried to tell them that I was only trying to get her to sign our divorce papers.
Link Posted: 8/17/2012 11:06:58 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 8/17/2012 11:08:18 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

What was in his other hand? How long do you take to decide he is not a threat?

Plus, they were in another country. Not like they did it in America.

Link Posted: 8/17/2012 11:13:10 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Good pummel.  

In other things, it's interesting to see Lady Ga Ga is toning down her wardrobe.

Not really, she was probably just going for a jog down to the corner store for a cup of coffee.  
Link Posted: 8/17/2012 11:13:34 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Quoted:
"Fan attacks her" ???

A pen is a deadly weapon, without having to use another weapon.
Link Posted: 8/17/2012 11:18:05 AM EDT
[#44]
I've heard that important and famous people like chocolate pistols, 'cause they look cool and are tasty.  But important and famous busy are often busy, so the best way to give them one is to run up to them as they are walking somewhere and hand it to them directly.  They love that.
Link Posted: 8/17/2012 11:25:47 AM EDT
[#45]
At an angle of around 45 degrees......

By dscotthewitt at 2012-07-13
Link Posted: 8/17/2012 11:28:09 AM EDT
[#46]
Why does Gaga need boy guards?

Can't he take care of himself?
Link Posted: 8/17/2012 11:28:20 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
"Fan attacks her" ???

A pen is a deadly weapon, without having to use another weapon.

I'll expect the SWAT team to respond the next time I sign a deposit slip in the bank.
Link Posted: 8/17/2012 11:31:12 AM EDT
[#48]
Lady who? Is that who married Prince William?

Link Posted: 8/17/2012 11:35:10 AM EDT
[#49]
It looks like they love tapped him more than punched him.

Fat boy went down quick.
Link Posted: 8/17/2012 11:35:46 AM EDT
[#50]
my fav part is when the guy gets up off the floor, fixes his stupid hat and picks up his pen! lol
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top