Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 2/19/2006 8:11:54 AM EDT
news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060219/ap_on_re_as/prophet_drawings;_ylt=AnsM_h7cEE4yQGtfUXmJn_ys0NUE;_ylu=X3oDMTA2Z2szazkxBHNlYwN0bQ--

Muslims Assault U.S. Embassy in Indonesia By ALI KOTARUMALOS, Associated Press Writer
1 hour, 15 minutes ago

JAKARTA, Indonesia - Hundreds of Muslims protesting caricatures of the Prophet Muhammad tried to storm the U.S. Embassy on Sunday, smashing the windows of a guard post but failing to push through the gates. Several people were injured.

Pakistani security forces, meanwhile, sealed off the capital of Islamabad to block a planned mass demonstration and fired tear gas and gunshots to chase off protesters. In Turkey, tens of thousands gathered in Istanbul chanting slogans against Denmark, Israel and the United States.

Protests over the cartoons, which first appeared in a Danish newspaper in September and have been republished in other European publications and elsewhere, have swept across the Muslim world, growing into mass outlets for rage against the West in general, and Israel and the United States in particular.

Christians also have become targets. Pakistani Muslims protesting in the southern city of Sukkur ransacked and burned a church Sunday after hearing accusations that a Christian man had burned pages of the Quran, Islam's holy book.

That incident came a day after Muslims protesting in the Nigerian city of Maiduguri attacked Christians and burned 15 churches in a three-hour rampage that killed at least 15 people. Some 30 other people have died during protests over the cartoons that erupted about three weeks ago.

In Jakarta, about 400 people marched to the heavily fortified U.S. mission in the center of the city, behind a banner reading "We are ready to attack the enemies of the Prophet."

Protesters throwing stones and brandishing wooden staves tried to break through the gates. They set fire to U.S. flags and a poster of President Bush and smashed the windows of a guard outpost before dispersing after a few minutes.

The U.S. Embassy called the attacks deplorable, describing them as acts of "thuggery."

A protest organizer said the West, and particularly the United States, is attacking Islam.

"They want to destroy Islam through the issue of terrorism ... and all those things are engineered by the United States," said Maksuni, who only uses one name.

"We are fighting America fiercely this time," he said. "And we also are fighting Denmark."

In Pakistan, where protests last week left five people dead, police put up roadblocks around Islamabad to keep people from entering the capital for a planned mass protest called by a coalition of six hard-line Islamic parties, the Mutahida Majlis-e-Amal — United Action Forum.

Authorities also detained several lawmakers and Islamic leaders during raids in three cities and announced they would arrest anyone joining a gathering of more than five people to prevent the demonstration.

Opposition leader Maulana Fazlur Rahman, a senior figure in the Islamic coalition, was eventually given permission to lead a small rally through a square in the city center. The protesters chanted "God is great!" and "Any friend of America is a traitor."

But when about 100 other protesters tried to reach the square, officers fired tear gas and at least one gunshot to chase them off. More gunshots were heard later in the city, but it wasn't clear who fired them. At least two policemen were injured, one bleeding from the head. Several demonstrators also were hurt.

A crowd of 700 people, some throwing stones at police, tried to march toward Islamabad's heavily guarded diplomatic enclave about 1.3 miles from the square but with blocked by troops in armored personnel carriers.

Police also blocked about 1,500 protesters from reaching Islamabad from the city of Peshawar by putting shipping containers and sandbags on a bridge along a highway leading to the capital, said Mohammed Iqbal, a key member of the religious alliance.

Elsewhere in Pakistan, about 600 people staged a protest in Chaman, a town near the Afghan border, burning Danish flags and an effigy of the Danish prime minister.

Such protests prompted Denmark on Sunday to temporarily recall its ambassador to Pakistan, Bent Wigotski, because it was impossible for him "to perform his job duties during the present circumstances," the Danish Foreign Ministry said in a statement.

Link Posted: 2/19/2006 8:13:31 AM EDT
OK its go time
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 8:13:33 AM EDT
Burn baby, burn.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 8:15:07 AM EDT
Nothing will be done about it, for some reason our goverment still doesn't know who the enemy is.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 8:16:47 AM EDT
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 8:19:53 AM EDT
Surely those were CIA backed instigators impersonating peace loving muslims. Our islamic brothers would never commit such dastardly acts.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 8:23:20 AM EDT
appease them! quickly!
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 8:23:46 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/19/2006 8:24:10 AM EDT by Airwolf]
We're in a war for the very survival of the West and 95% of this nation simply refuses to see it, passing it off as "random events" or "it's our fault" or "oh, the game is on TV today, don't have time to think about shit that doesn't really mean anything like Muslims on the other side of the world" .

Link Posted: 2/19/2006 8:24:37 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/19/2006 8:24:56 AM EDT by bastiat]

Originally Posted By The_Beer_Slayer:
one more random event

nothing to see here, folks...move along.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 8:27:46 AM EDT

one more random event

These are not the Al Queda operatives you're looking for... Move along...
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 8:34:01 AM EDT
People hate what they don't understand.....

grow up in a world that teaches harsh guidelines and discipline..they will never understand America...they blame us not realizing that America was is and always will be a melting pot of people..so do they blame white Americans, black Americans, muslim Americans, or maybe Native Americans....do they blame the Churches, the blue collar workers, the bums, the agnostic, the doctors, the lawyers...I ask you...who is America

ignorance is the key to never understanding....they will hate us because they know nothing different. even if I walked in their streets with open arms speaking and acting on a (wrongful) apologetic view begging for their forgiveness I would be killed...to them there is no atonement there is only cleansing of non-muslims. They don't understand us they will always hate us. even though me and many other Americans have done no wrong.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 8:38:24 AM EDT

Originally Posted By BURN:

grow up in a world that teaches harsh guidelines and discipline..they will never understand America...they blame us not realizing that America was is and always will be a melting pot of people..so do they blame white Americans, black Americans, muslim Americans, or maybe Native Americans....do they blame the Churches, the blue collar workers, the bums, the agnostic, the doctors, the lawyers...I ask you...who is America

ignorance is the key to never understanding....they will hate us because they know nothing different. even if I walked in their streets with open arms speaking and acting on a (wrongful) apologetic view begging for their forgiveness I would be killed...to them there is no atonement there is only cleansing of non-muslims. They don't understand us they will always hate us. even though me and many other Americans have done no wrong.

Yes, its Muhammed's way or the highway. Allah's ways has ZERO tolerance. Coming to a neighborhood near you.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 8:41:30 AM EDT

Originally Posted By MTUSA:

Yes, its Muhammed's way or the highway. Allah's ways has ZERO tolerance. Coming to a neighborhood near you.

I am agnostic I have read the Bible i also ordered a Koran to read...while in both religions levels of intolerance are there the Koran is a lot more specific and harsh.....
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 8:43:36 AM EDT
I don't need to know their motives.

just show me where they're at
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 8:50:50 AM EDT
Unbelievable........can we please get a review of our foreign aid policy....
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 8:53:22 AM EDT

I am agnostic I have read the Bible i also ordered a Koran to read...while in both religions levels of intolerance are there the Koran is a lot more specific and harsh.....

.....and makes excellent toilet paper.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 8:53:44 AM EDT
i'm always impressed at the discipline of the embassy guards the way they don't light up the protestors once they start throwing molotov cocktails.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 8:55:45 AM EDT

Originally Posted By ClayP:
OK its go time

+1,000,000

If this is the way the game is played, they better be ready for kickoff.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 8:55:48 AM EDT

Originally Posted By stormwalker:
I don't need to know their motives.

just show me where they're at

Yep.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 8:58:04 AM EDT

Originally Posted By fossil_fuel:
i'm always impressed at the discipline of the embassy guards the way they don't light up the protestors once they start throwing molotov cocktails.

While wonderful discipline....now American lives are at risk.....embassies should have large fire truck liquid cannons mounted on the walls filled with OC for this kind of retardation...throw flaming bomb at me and I hose down the crowd....this is the closest thing we have to a hurricane machine....
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 9:02:31 AM EDT

While wonderful discipline....now American lives are at risk.....embassies should have large fire truck liquid cannons mounted on the walls filled with OC Napalm for this kind of retardation...throw flaming bomb at me and I hose down the crowd....this is the closest thing we have to a hurricane machine....

fixed it for ya, after all gotta fight fire with fire
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 9:03:15 AM EDT

It's because they aren't "embassy guards".

They're Marines
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 9:07:04 AM EDT
IF they get this steamed about a cartoon, They will riot at the drop of a hat...

They are obviously being orchestrated and supplied with signs and flags.

We have a large Muslim population in scenic Patterson to be concerned about, luckily they have remained relatively quiet so far.

A Coptic Christian family was attacked there last year, they made a big ph-lap til it was released that they were not Muslim, then silence....

Link Posted: 2/19/2006 9:09:23 AM EDT

Originally Posted By nationwide:

It's because they aren't "embassy guards".

They're Marines

Yep

I would be doing exactly that right now if I hadnt got injured. Its a real bummer to have your achilles tendon snap a couple of weeks before you go to MSG school
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 9:10:21 AM EDT
i keep hearing that its not a religious war,what people don't realize is that the crusades never ended.
flame away..........
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 9:12:22 AM EDT
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 9:17:31 AM EDT
just more proof of the Savage intent the Muslim World wants to deliver to you,I or any other victim they can Destroy.

Alluah Akbar:Your God is a Heathen and a Disciple of the Anti-Christ
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 9:19:52 AM EDT
Everything I really want to say will get me banned
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 9:21:14 AM EDT

Muslims are never mentioned in the Bible, as Islam wasn't founded until 700 yrs AFTER Christianity......
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 9:22:14 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Jasba:
Unbelievable........can we please get a review of our foreign aid policy....

+1
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 9:29:29 AM EDT
This is only the start of something much worse. Only time will tell. Hopefully the liberals in this country will wake up. These people don't need therapy nor do they need to talk their problems out. These people vehemently hate the US. This includes Cindy Shehaan and the rest of the liberals.

We have been attacked several times by Muslim Extremists. They are burning our crosses and flags. Yet being a Muslim is about peace and tolerance. Whatever.

Max
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 9:31:04 AM EDT

Originally Posted By PSYWAR1-0:
Everything I really want to say will get me banned

Sho 'nuff.

But, we still agree.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 9:32:21 AM EDT
Did they forget how much money did we GAVE to Indonesia after that tsunami hit?
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 9:40:01 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Rudison:
IF they get this steamed about a cartoon, They will riot at the drop of a hat...

They are obviously being orchestrated and supplied with signs and flags.

We have a large Muslim population in scenic Patterson to be concerned about, luckily they have remained relatively quiet so far.

A Coptic Christian family was attacked there last year, they made a big ph-lap til it was released that they were not Muslim, then silence....

Was this in New Jersey?
I do believe they were killed by muslims.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 9:47:32 AM EDT
I can't believe that behavior like this gets tolerated. Screw the tear gas, get out the zip cuffs and start grabbing um one by one, throw them in jail and throw away the key.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 10:08:17 AM EDT

one more random event

If only there was some underlying, common denominator causing all this violence we have seen across the globe, maybe we could fight the heart of the problem instead of putting out little brushfires here and there.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 10:23:10 AM EDT

Originally Posted By raven:

one more random event

If only there was some underlying, common denominator causing all this violence we have seen across the globe, maybe we could fight the heart of the problem instead of putting out little brushfires here and there.

ahhh, but I have found it!

It's Bush's fault!
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 10:33:41 AM EDT
[Samuel L Jackson]

Waste the motherfuckers!

[/Samuel L Jackson]
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 10:37:49 AM EDT
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 10:42:56 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/19/2006 10:45:13 AM EDT by callgood]
I propose..................

"The Muzzie's Dilema"

You are in Islamabad with a group of your buds, happily marching towards a Western Embassy ETA (see Vito's pic above- thanks) and loosening up your vocal cords for an afternoon of self righteous fun.

Arriving at the embassy, you see that the walls have been stenciled with the "Mohamed with a Bomb" cartoon that cranked your tractor in the first place. Totally covered.

Would you throw rocks and molatovs at the place to erase the insult, but in doing so attacking the image of the Prophet?

By the beard of Allah, inquiring minds want to know.

Link Posted: 2/19/2006 10:43:26 AM EDT
Bad muslim, no money from Uncle Sam.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 10:45:25 AM EDT
Let us never forget who started this... Muslims did.

Is it time to play Cowboys and Muslims yet?
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 10:47:28 AM EDT

Originally Posted By vito113:

Originally Posted By david_g17:
Originally Posted By raven:

It's Bush's fault!

They seem to think so....

Their Photoshop-fu is weak
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 10:57:02 AM EDT
I am told that in '79 in Iran the French machinegunned the demonstrators that made it over the wall and into the embassy. Sounds like a good plan to me.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 11:01:11 AM EDT
tag
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 11:03:47 AM EDT

Originally Posted By ClayP:
OK its go time

nope.. its not.. we'er gonna do it the old fashioned way...

wait till you see the whites of their eyes. let them get close.. its the american way..

winter is coming..
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 11:04:30 AM EDT
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 11:09:25 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Combat_Jack:
I am told that in '79 in Iran the French machinegunned the demonstrators that made it over the wall and into the embassy. Sounds like a good plan to me.

No kidding? Good for them. The Sauds called on the French to re-take the grand mosque in Mecca when it was overrun by the crazies in 1979. And the Legion retook a city overrun by African goons in 1978. The French can be hardcore if they choose to be, it just has to be over something important, not little things like stopping the Germans.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 11:12:46 AM EDT

Originally Posted By vito113:

Originally Posted By callgood:
I propose..................

"The Muzzie's Dilema"

You are in Islamabad with a group of your buds, happily marching towards a Western Embassy ETA (see Vito's pic above- thanks) and loosening up your vocal cords for an afternoon of self righteous fun.

Arriving at the embassy, you see that the walls have been stenciled with the "Mohamed with a Bomb" cartoon that cranked your tractor in the first place. Totally covered.

Would you throw rocks and molatovs at the place to erase the insult, but in doing so attacking the image of the Prophet?

By the beard of Allah, inquiring minds want to know.

You Sir are a genius!

The Muslims are rioting Mr Ambassador!

Quick! Deploy the Mohammed Shields!

ROFLMAO!!!
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 11:14:02 AM EDT
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 2:46:49 PM EDT

Originally Posted By JarheadPatriot:

Muslims are never mentioned in the Bible, as Islam wasn't founded until 700 yrs AFTER Christianity......

I never stated they were I was talking about reading both of the books...and the intolerances in both...
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Top Top