Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/27/2005 1:44:09 PM EDT
I went and placed my order with CMP and noticed that they need proof of a match or my C&R license #. I included my CMP affiliated club card and birth cert but I did NOT include proof of match or my C&R license # (havent gotten it yet) will that be a problem?

What do they do? call you or send your stuff back?
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 2:31:18 PM EDT
[#1]
anyone?
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 2:33:55 PM EDT
[#2]
i dont know about now but about 10 years or so ago when i got mine,  activity in a match was a (REQUIREMENT).
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 2:35:40 PM EDT
[#3]
They will get in contact with you, and ask for the missing requirement.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 2:37:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Are you a Veteran? If you are............ you dont need the match info or C&R.......If I remember correctly
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 2:38:44 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Are you a Veteran? If you are............ you dont need the match info or C&R.......If I remember correctly

No. not a vet... I am patiently awaiting my C&R info.

Has anyone been able to get thier M1 WITHOUT the match info and just the club affiliation stuff??
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 2:43:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Looks like your gonna have to shoot in a match or wait it out for your C&R...........I got My M-1 without the match infok, but I am a Vet so thats that................It may be faster to shoot in a match??.hope this helps you out in some small way!!
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 3:41:11 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Looks like your gonna have to shoot in a match or wait it out for your C&R...........I got My M-1 without the match infok, but I am a Vet so thats that................It may be faster to shoot in a match??.hope this helps you out in some small way!!

Got  a CCW?  I think that counts...   Otherwise you are gonna have to wait.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 3:46:46 PM EDT
[#8]
BTW, the requirement is not for a match, but a minimum of 50 rounds in marksmanship activity.  If your CCW class has a minimum of 50 rounds, and you can get a trainer to sign off on that, it will work.
A clinic, any training, even a range session counts if you can get an official to sign off on it.

Larry
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 3:48:14 PM EDT
[#9]
I qualified with my C&R and membership in the Garand Collectors Association.

The GCA sent the membership info directly to CMP.  I presented my C&R License to the CMP North Store personnel, in-person.

Life is good.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 3:54:39 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Got  a CCW?  I think that counts...   Otherwise you are gonna have to wait.

MATCH, VET. OR CCW. ANY ONE WILL WORK.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top