Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/15/2005 5:38:31 PM EDT

reaction to the speech among refugees at the astrodome. probably 8-10 people. very positive. when asked if they felt the federal governemnt had responded slowly or failed, they UNANIMOUSLY SAID NO! and TORE into the local and state governemt response. talked about abuse of levee funds, failure to usee the school buses, etc.  they were gettting livid.

to me these looked like typical NO residents. wonder how prevelant this attitude is among the locals. i was deffintiely and pleasantly surprised.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 5:39:44 PM EDT
[#1]
What's that I hear? Oh, it's just the Democrapic party losing their base....
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 5:41:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Its (assumed anyways) that the Republicans are the ones with the money. You know, us corporate bastards stripping the Earth for all its money whereas the Democrats are the lowly guy with no money.
Nice thing about that....
Fuck'm. We can buy their vote.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 5:56:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 5:57:15 PM EDT
[#4]
There IS a God!
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 6:00:26 PM EDT
[#5]
I know, it's a miracle!

And that reporter was really getting on my nerves, trying to bait the people over and over.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 6:02:17 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Its (assumed anyways) that the Republicans are the ones with the money. You know, us corporate bastards stripping the Earth for all its money whereas the Democrats are the lowly guy with no money.
Nice thing about that....
Fuck'm. We can buy their vote.

what about fiscal conservatism? republicans just became democrats.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 6:07:12 PM EDT
[#7]
It doesn't really matter. When it's over and everything is rebuilt and running again, the DEMS will take full credit for it. Like they have done in most cases in the past.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 6:13:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Thinking of putting a positive spin on this:

If Club Fed shells out money while the State and Local still look like dates for Tubgirl, the Republican’s just might make inroads down there.The Feds and Republicans care for you, the Demos don't.
They have to make sure everybody knows that the money is coming from the Feds and not State and local of course.  

But let’s face it; Dubya is not a great communicator.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 6:14:56 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
reaction to the speech among refugees at the astrodome. probably 8-10 people. very positive. when asked if they felt the federal governemnt had responded slowly or failed, they UNANIMOUSLY SAID NO! and TORE into the local and state governemt response. talked about abuse of levee funds, failure to usee the school buses, etc.  they were gettting livid.

to me these looked like typical NO residents. wonder how prevelant this attitude is among the locals. i was deffintiely and pleasantly surprised.

Yup, and MAJOR props to those who said that. Nice to see them interview the average person instead of the idiots that they have been interviewing for the past week or so. Kind of hard to get any intelligent information out of an idiot looter.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 6:17:29 PM EDT
[#10]
The ol' Dubya deluge of federal money works its mojo again.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 6:18:44 PM EDT
[#11]
What better way to get  the liberals off your back, fix the problem like a democrat would.

Issue a blank check.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 7:08:32 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
They have to make sure everybody knows that the money is coming from the Feds and not State and local of course.

Gee, funnny you should mention that - Just yesterday, Mayor Nagin demanded that local officials be put in charge of federal relief funds...
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 7:13:22 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Gee, funnny you should mention that - Just yesterday, Mayor Nagin demanded that local officials be put in charge of federal relief funds...

Oh MAN, baaaaaaaaaaaaaad idea!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top