Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 14
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 3:09:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
There's nothing they can do.  Whatever they do will be called transphobic.
View Quote

So what.  Call me a transphobe.   I don't care.  They are freaks.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 3:09:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
That was an apology the way "I'm sorry you're wrong" or "I wish you hadn't have made me hit you" are apologies.
View Quote
Sure, but they also can't go all out. Imagine pulling a 180 on the rainbow tribe in current year. They dug their own grave when they ran the ad in the first place. I don't really see a good way for them to get out of it now.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 3:09:14 PM EDT
[#3]
"Real nonbinary otherkins of genieuuus!"
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 3:09:27 PM EDT
[#4]
I’m a field rep and I’m sitting at my house, I don’t think the owners have left town either. Maybe a regional thing
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 3:09:53 PM EDT
[#5]
They're going to hold back their brands that are still selling and force cheap beer buyers into a single choice.  It would be a pretty simple calculation and would probably break a good % of the boycott.  
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 3:10:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Oh man! Dos Equis is missing a golden marketing opportunity.  New slogan "When only a true XX will do".  Holy shit I'm a genius!

https://i.postimg.cc/MpW2f37C/Capture.png
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Bud will buy up Two X's and Corona

Oh man! Dos Equis is missing a golden marketing opportunity.  New slogan "When only a true XX will do".  Holy shit I'm a genius!

Fucking solid. Nice work!
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 3:10:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Hopefully AB will end up another bad memory and abandoned brewery in St. Louis along the Mississippi River like Falstaff Beer.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 3:11:06 PM EDT
[#8]
Conservatives are generally terrible when it comes to boycotts. We tend to go back to buying the offending companies shit. I expected the same thing with Bud Light. But it seems to be sticking and people are not going back to buying it. They truly struck a nerve in the country where I think people finally said enough is enough.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 3:11:38 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

What kind of doctor would perform a surgery like that?  I guess monsters are real after all.
View Quote

I had lunch with a previous director of Planned Parenthood several months back.  They're planning to replace the lost revenue, in the aftermath of Roe v Wade being overturned, with gender modification surgeries.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 3:11:55 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

That would be a killer commercial.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 3:12:06 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Are you saying that distributors could end up with the financial loss because of what corporate did?
View Quote

I'm saying that in most states the beer belongs to the distributor as soon as load scales out.

As to your question, distributors and their employees are already facing losses.
20% negative is huge, especially if the sales reps are paid on commission.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 3:12:22 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Bud operating on such razor thin margins that a couple weeks of down sales can sink them?
View Quote

I don't think they're anywhere near sinking but it isn't a couple of weeks. They're rolling into week six or seven with some of the biggest beer drinking times of the year right around the corner. If they can't make their nut right now Memorial Day weekend is looking bleak.

Regardless of that, I believe that AB has permanently damaged their brand. They may bounce back but they'll never recapture their previous position. A whole lot of people will never forgive them and a whole lot of people have realized it was shit tier brew to begin with. Those are inescapable facts.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 3:12:56 PM EDT
[#13]
That meeting is gonna suck one way or another. Probably be an ish rolls downhill kinda meeting where corporate carefully uses MBA speak to try and shame/motivate distributors to find new undiscovered ways to move the product yesterday all while doubling down and not addressing the cause.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 3:13:27 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Are you saying that distributors could end up with the financial loss because of what corporate did?
View Quote

AB-InBev encouraged distributors to consolidate, so the remaining distributors took on a lot of debt.  They are not in a good financial position to weather this storm.

I sympathies with the distributors and rank & file employees.  Not so management.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 3:13:48 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

They already own Corona
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 3:14:20 PM EDT
[#16]
I don't want a dialog. I just want a beer.

Link Posted: 5/11/2023 3:15:06 PM EDT
[#17]
What they need to do is repackage the beer with a shit ton of hop extracts and an IPA label.  

Bearded flannel wearers will be tripping over themselves to pay 4x the price of Bud Light.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 3:15:16 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:Will it sink them?  Likely not, we are only 30% of their market.
View Quote

There is boycott activity in other nations too.  Not as intense... but still happening.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 3:15:35 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
There needs to be a house cleaning in the C-suite at A/B InBev. Starting with their CEO and the social justice warrior VP of Marketing. Anything short of that is a complete failure by their board of directors.
View Quote

Damn sure no golden parachute on the way out.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 3:15:56 PM EDT
[#20]
Rice beer sucks.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 3:16:02 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I’m a field rep and I’m sitting at my house, I don’t think the owners have left town either. Maybe a regional thing
View Quote

Best of luck sir!
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 3:16:16 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I'm enjoying watching all of this.
View Quote

Me too, even though I don't drink.

Link Posted: 5/11/2023 3:16:31 PM EDT
[#23]
The stock is still up 3.15% YTD...
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 3:16:50 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
This is it... this is the day they've been waiting for... months of preparation and surgeries...

Everyone celebrate! Budweiser is transitioning!

Everyone give a warm welcome to the new Queen of beers, Buttwiser!

Here comes the queen here comes the big number two!
The largest beer brand who knows bet-ter than you!
When you say craaaaaaa-zy, you've said it all!
When you think nuts this Butts for you!
(Horses Horses Horses Horses Horses and Beer... Queer Queer Queer Beer)
View Quote

To be fair, if they did a commercial along those lines as a response to all this I would absolutely laugh my ass off.

I would continue not buying their shitty beer, but it would make me laugh for sure.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 3:17:02 PM EDT
[#25]
No forgiveness. This company needs to be completely destroyed as a warning to all the others.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 3:17:38 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 3:18:39 PM EDT
[#27]
AB/InBev is going to double down with a RuPaul campaign to try and unite Trannys & their former customer base. The TransAmerican campaign will feature drag queens riding on fire trucks, Clydesdales pulling Cinderellas carriage, and a big mixed gay & hetero parade shot in Key West FL. They are letting the distributors know in advance so that they can plan early for the layoffs.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 3:18:41 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
There needs to be a house cleaning in the C-suite at A/B InBev. Starting with their CEO and the social justice warrior VP of Marketing. Anything short of that is a complete failure by their board of directors.
View Quote

Wouldn’t matter. They would/will just be replaced by similar. Better they stay and ride it in.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 3:19:26 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Look at it this way.  Memorial Day is coming up.  Not a big beer drinking holiday, but any 3 day weekend will see beer consumption increase over a regular weekend.  Then comes June, which is Pride Month.  Many of the LGBTQ community are choosing to boycott BUD.  After Pride month comes the 4th of July.  Two holidays can make a great year for a brewer.  4th of July and Labor Day.  Bad weather on either/both can turn a regular year into a bad year.  BUD is already having a bad year.

Will it sink them?  Likely not, we are only 30% of their market.  Will it cause them a great deal of financial pain?  Yes.
View Quote

Why are the alphabet soup people boycotting them?
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 3:21:29 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Is it possible distributors are refusing to pay? Or at least letting the accounts run past due...just because they can?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Doesn't work that way, the load is yours as soon as it scales out from brewery...funds are EFT.
This applies to most states, some state laws may work otherwise.

Is it possible distributors are refusing to pay? Or at least letting the accounts run past due...just because they can?

I think in most states wholesalers and retail cannot obtain alcohol from suppliers on credit
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 3:21:50 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Hopefully AB will end up another bad memory and abandoned brewery in St. Louis along the Mississippi River like Falstaff Beer.
View Quote

It has been a while since a major brewery imploded.  Millennials have no memory of how brutal the brewing industry used to be.  Falstaff was number 3 about the time I was born, and Schlitz was number 1, (US).

By the time I reached drinking age they had imploded, and before I was 30, they were gone.  Pabst owns the brand names now.  (Pabst is also a former number 1 brewer).
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 3:22:34 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Look at it this way.  Memorial Day is coming up.  Not a big beer drinking holiday, but any 3 day weekend will see beer consumption increase over a regular weekend.  Then comes June, which is Pride Month.  Many of the LGBTQ community are choosing to boycott BUD.  After Pride month comes the 4th of July.  Two holidays can make a great year for a brewer.  4th of July and Labor Day.  Bad weather on either/both can turn a regular year into a bad year.  BUD is already having a bad year.

Will it sink them?  Likely not, we are only 30% of their market.  Will it cause them a great deal of financial pain?  Yes.

Because they didn’t write off their customer base as “transphobes” and hire even more trannies to flog their product.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 3:22:55 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote

Because they came out with a fence sitting position and tried to distance themselves from the tranny campaign.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 3:23:19 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Chicago gay bars boycott Anheuser-Busch for distancing itself from Dylan Mulvaney
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 3:24:10 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote

EDIT: Beaten horribly
They claim the "apology" meant that AB was appeasing transphobs and not supporting the troon on the can.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 3:24:41 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 3:24:47 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
The stock is still up 3.15% YTD...
View Quote

Now compare that to TAP.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 3:25:05 PM EDT
[#38]
Just got out of the meeting. Basically Bud Light will be renamed Bud Straight and they're putting Stone Cold Steve Austin on the label.  The existing Bud Light is being shipped to Africa with 250,000 shirts that had Dylan Mulvaney drinking a Bud Light on them.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 3:26:38 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Because they came out with a fence sitting position and tried to distance themselves from the tranny campaign.
View Quote

Quoted:

EDIT: Beaten horribly
They claim the "apology" meant that AB was appeasing transphobs and not supporting the troon on the can.
View Quote

That's awesome. They chose the worst time to "get both".
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 3:27:16 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

I believe there are two sides to the "stay out of politics" coin. If a company can truly stay neutral, I'm all for it. That said, I'd rather know if a company's leadership hates my guts vs. having them run silent while taking my money.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Maybe.  I'm doubtful though.  Companies need to stay out of politics.

Remember the left's outrage over the 'corporate personhood' ruling?  This was when the courts cleared companies to spend money on political issues and have an opinion. The left was in full blown outrage for a couple years because they assumed all corporations would be conservative.  Now that the shoe is on the other foot, they celebrate it.  Funny how that works.

Conservatives should have seen this coming for a long long time.

Edit:  My statement above "Companies need to stay out of politics." is merely a personal preference.  By no means am I advocating that companies should be silenced by groups or regulated into silence.  As a small business owner, I know that many of my clients are left-leaning.  It would be dumb of me to bring social issues into my business.

I believe there are two sides to the "stay out of politics" coin. If a company can truly stay neutral, I'm all for it. That said, I'd rather know if a company's leadership hates my guts vs. having them run silent while taking my money.

The simple fact of the matter is that for a good number of people, they don't believe in what they think is OK, they believe in what they think other people think is OK.

I'm fine with corporations merely sitting it out and not contributing further to clown world culture no matter what it is that they actually believe deep down inside.  That would be a big enough win on it's own.  The big picture is the beliefs and perceptions of the general public.  If we can get that straightened out, we are going to be OK.

Even right now with this Bud Light thing, if the only thing we got out of it is that corporations silently back away from supporting and normalizing groomers, it'd be a huge win.  I don't care if Bud Light fights for what's right, I just don't want to see them fighting for what's wrong.  

Link Posted: 5/11/2023 3:30:15 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The meeting is scheduled for 2:00 PM eastern.  All field reps are required to return to their respective terminals for a mandatory teleconference at the same hour.  I'm not sure if the meetings are the same or separate for the reps.
Things are way worse for AB than they are allowing the public to know.  I got this info from a person I know that orders for a bar.  His rep told him this a short time ago.

I wonder if it's the official death of Bud Light?

Congrats to all.  I'm doing my part too.  I've loved AB Light pilsner beers for decades.  Not anymore...or ever again under any circumstances.

Don't laugh. Maybe it's a big bar. Well....it could be.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 3:30:17 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Just got out of the meeting. Basically Bud Light will be renamed Bud Straight and they're putting Stone Cold Steve Austin on the label.  The existing Bud Light is being shipped to Africa with 250,000 shirts that had Dylan Mulvaney drinking a Bud Light on them.
View Quote

Was that the bottom line? Did Stone Cold say so?
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 3:30:45 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

I had lunch with a previous director of Planned Parenthood several months back.  They're planning to replace the lost revenue, in the aftermath of Roe v Wade being overturned, with gender modification surgeries.
View Quote

They're trying that here in Oregon.  Kids 14 and up can get trans surgeries, of any kind, without parental notification. Health insurance is required to cover it.  Free if you're on Oregon Health Plan.  The Senate walked out over it, but not sure how long they can hold out.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 3:30:51 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Mandatory is a sexist cis-normative term.  Howver, they should not boycott the meeting because that would be just as bad.  
View Quote
They would love that.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 3:30:55 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Bud took a lot harder hit than I thought it would. I assumed Bud would lay low and people would forget about it
View Quote

I believe a big part of their predicament is their product last 90 days from manufacture.

Depending on the market there are piles of the stuff that is a week from being OOD. Gas stations and grocery stores do buy ins from distributors for large amounts delivered all at once with the same date that are based off of historical sales data. If people stop or even slow down on one brand it can cause millions in completely unrecoverable losses. That's just the actual beer in stores not including stock market speculations about the brands viability going forward.

This hiccup the longer it lasts will cause the distributors to have to pick up monumental amounts of OOD beer that they can't sell. In some markets the law prohibits the beer from being taken back by the distributors and replaced. That's going to make a lot of ill will and skeptical bulk buyer moving forward also. All this because of a mistake by one woman LOL.

That has to be a bad feeling.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 3:31:12 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Why is saying "Sorry, we completely fucked up, it'll never happen again", so hard to say?  Had they done that at week one, this would be in the memory hole.  Now, they are being boycotted by both sides, which anybody could have seen coming.

View Quote

They don’t want the screeching from the left.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 3:31:38 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View Quote
They can't.  AB Inbev had to sell it to Constellation for US distribution.  
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 3:32:21 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Conservatives are generally terrible when it comes to boycotts. We tend to go back to buying the offending companies shit. I expected the same thing with Bud Light. But it seems to be sticking and people are not going back to buying it. They truly struck a nerve in the country where I think people finally said enough is enough.
View Quote

Agreed, but that’s usually only the case if there really isn’t a decent alternative product. I think that’s what has helped this one.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 3:32:26 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Probably scraping together their money to buy Yuengling
View Quote
Who should tell them to fuck right the fuck off.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 3:34:09 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Coors and Miller are no better, they just don't plaster their love of trannies on the cans. I would have thought Yeungling sales would be much higher.

https://www.dailyinfographic.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/beer-brands-1070.jpg
View Quote
That graphic is wrong.

Pacifico, Modelo, Corona brands are all imported by Constellation brands.  Inbev only owns them outside the US.
Page / 14
Top Top