Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 2/26/2024 9:21:11 AM EDT
A woman lost her $823,000 injury claim after lawyers found a photo of her winning a Christmas-tree-throwing competition

A woman in Ireland who sued an insurance company for $823,000 had her injury claim tossed out after the court saw a photo of her taking part in a Christmas-tree-throwing competition.

Kamila Grabska, 36, sued RSA Insurance over what she said were back and neck pains from a car crash in 2017, the Irish Independent reported.

The accident rendered her unable to work for more than five years, she said.

Grabska also said she could not carry her children, finish basic chores, or lift a heavy bag and that, at times, she needed her medication to be brought to her in bed due to the pain, the outlet reported.

But a photo shown to the Irish High Court in Limerick featured Grabska chucking a Christmas tree in January 2018, the report said.

Grabska, a resident of the town of Ennis, was one of the people photographed tossing 5-foot spruce trees at the local tree-throwing competition, as seen in this BBC article. Contestants compete to see who can hurl a tree the farthest.

The Irish Independent reported that Grabska admitted to Judge Carmel Stewart that she won the competition.

A 2018 article from the outlet named her as the victor in the ladies' event. Grabska is featured in the article's lead image in a yellow jacket and work gloves and appears to be flinging a tree.
View Quote

Dumbass grifter. Can’t believe it took 6 years for her lawsuit to be dismissed.

I have known a couple of ‘tards just like her. Probably a few here in GD, too.
Link Posted: 2/26/2024 9:26:17 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/26/2024 9:32:41 AM EDT
[#2]
Lots and lots of insurance fraud goes on.

My neighbor in California made his money that way.

Fake an injury and get a lifetime of disability payments. He then works jobs as he wants getting paid cash under the table. He lived illegally in his common law wife's Section 8 housing drinking and high by lunchtime. If it wasn't for me being his neighbor his gig would have been safe and solid but once he started torturing his animals I called the cops and he spent time in prison after the felony animal abuse conviction due to my testimony.
Link Posted: 2/26/2024 9:32:46 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/26/2024 9:35:27 AM EDT
[#4]
Yeah, but did she hear the voice of God speak to her as she was on her way to murder her former co-workers?
Link Posted: 2/26/2024 9:41:00 AM EDT
[#5]
Did she work for the Long Island Railroad?

Link Posted: 2/26/2024 9:45:50 AM EDT
[#6]

Her BTW. Name sounds like a gypsy.
Link Posted: 2/26/2024 9:47:31 AM EDT
[#7]
Grabska?  

If real, that is a great scammer name.
Link Posted: 2/26/2024 9:52:08 AM EDT
[#8]
Nice Irish name that...like O'bama?
Link Posted: 2/26/2024 10:02:31 AM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

When I first saw this pic on my phone I thought she had a neck brace, but it was just her hair
Link Posted: 2/26/2024 10:04:21 AM EDT
[#11]
"Kamlia Grabska" doesn't sound like a very Irish name....
Link Posted: 2/26/2024 10:08:04 AM EDT
[#12]

Sounds very Polish, actually, but same thing really

eta the photo

Link Posted: 2/26/2024 10:11:00 AM EDT
[#13]

I fill prisons with people just like that
Link Posted: 2/26/2024 10:12:16 AM EDT
[#14]
Definitely has an Eastern European look about her.
Link Posted: 2/26/2024 10:12:29 AM EDT
[#15]
Feel good story of the day.
Link Posted: 2/26/2024 10:14:32 AM EDT
[#16]
I have seen the like in my clinic many times. Very easy to see through.
Link Posted: 2/26/2024 10:14:39 AM EDT
[#17]
Not guilty.
Link Posted: 2/26/2024 10:15:18 AM EDT
[#18]
Did she at least win the tree throwing contest?
Link Posted: 2/26/2024 10:15:45 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Did she at least win the tree throwing contest?
View Quote

Did you at least read the article?
Link Posted: 2/26/2024 10:20:23 AM EDT
[#20]
My dad ran a workers comp insurance company for 30 years. He was really good about sniffing out bad claims and would hire a PI to video people doing things that they said they couldn’t do. I remember sitting at the dinner table as a kid and him telling my mom about the latest shit bag that he got on video. Playing softball, crawling under cars, roofing a house, etc. one guy was even an amateur wrestler who travelled the SE in these amateur matches. I think he still has a drawer full of VHS tapes.
Link Posted: 2/26/2024 10:25:36 AM EDT
[#21]
5 years worth of rehab and training?
I don't see a problem.
Link Posted: 2/26/2024 10:27:50 AM EDT
[#22]
I'm sure this will rustle some jimmies but how is this any different from getting discharged my military or police duties with 100% disability and then them running this iron man competitions?
Link Posted: 2/26/2024 10:28:56 AM EDT
[#23]
I knew of an iron worker that had carpal tunnel syndrome so bad in both hands that he couldn't work and was on disability.

He was outed when they found him winning Bass tournaments......you just can't make this shit up
Link Posted: 2/26/2024 10:30:07 AM EDT
[#24]
lots of  vets gaming military disability system  also.  

fuck those tards
Link Posted: 2/26/2024 10:32:41 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I'm sure this will rustle some jimmies but how is this any different from getting discharged my military or police duties with 100% disability and then them running this iron man competitions?
View Quote

its not

same same
Link Posted: 2/26/2024 10:33:29 AM EDT
[#26]
Friend retired as a workers comp attorney. He worked both sides over his career.  Oh the stories I’ve heard over Scotch.
Link Posted: 2/26/2024 10:33:59 AM EDT
[#27]
She looks like she has lots of miles on her odometer.  
Link Posted: 2/26/2024 10:35:55 AM EDT
[#28]
She should have hidden out until she won. But that's the thing with liars and thieves etc, they're never satisfied with what they have. They always try to push another grift and get more, and they're never as smart as they think they are.

Like that dude who was a power lifter while pretending to be wheelchair bound getting a 6 fig salary on VA benefits and being supposedly housebound.

Getting that 100% wasn't enough. Oh no, he had to have more  and more and see how far he could push his scam.
Link Posted: 2/26/2024 10:37:42 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Lots and lots of insurance fraud goes on.

My neighbor in California made his money that way.

Fake an injury and get a lifetime of disability payments. He then works jobs as he wants getting paid cash under the table. He lived illegally in his common law wife's Section 8 housing drinking and high by lunchtime. If it wasn't for me being his neighbor his gig would have been safe and solid but once he started torturing his animals I called the cops and he spent time in prison after the felony animal abuse conviction due to my testimony.
View Quote

Good on you. Damn that bastard.
Link Posted: 2/26/2024 10:42:21 AM EDT
[#30]
Had a guy at work get busted throwing sacks of feed in his truck.  Claimed a severe neck injury after a work related incident.  Insurance company got him in filmdoing this not two months later.
Link Posted: 2/26/2024 10:43:07 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

I'm just kind of amazed that there's such a thing as a Christmas Tree throwing contest to begin with.
View Quote

They do it better in Scotland

Link Posted: 2/26/2024 10:47:49 AM EDT
[#32]
back in the 1990's we busted a group of Somalian's coming to the US and renting cars, then packing the car with Somolian conscripts and making "swoop & squat" attacks on OTR semi-tractors.

They would swoop in front of a truck then slam on the brakes and cause an awful wreck with full knowledge the guys in the back seat probably weren't going to survive, THEN get a lawyer and sue the $5million truck liability policy and send the money back to Somolia to buy more arms

never knew insurance fraud could be so much fun
Link Posted: 2/26/2024 10:51:53 AM EDT
[#33]
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm just kind of amazed that there's such a thing as a Christmas Tree throwing contest to begin with.

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/9a/59/3b/9a593b7c0f7ec27f96cb5fee7ccb6429.jpg

Scottish Christmas trees look like shit
Link Posted: 2/26/2024 10:54:58 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/9a/59/3b/9a593b7c0f7ec27f96cb5fee7ccb6429.jpg

So do those women.
Link Posted: 2/26/2024 11:10:02 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Did you at least read the article?
View Quote

LOL, obviously not, originally I just skimmed over the article since not only does it say she won but there is a picture of her holding the winner’s plaque.
Link Posted: 2/26/2024 11:15:48 AM EDT
[#36]
People like her (and lawyers) are the reason many things are expensive.
Link Posted: 2/26/2024 11:20:49 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
back in the 1990's we busted a group of Somalian's coming to the US and renting cars, then packing the car with Somolian conscripts and making "swoop & squat" attacks on OTR semi-tractors.

They would swoop in front of a truck then slam on the brakes and cause an awful wreck with full knowledge the guys in the back seat probably weren't going to survive, THEN get a lawyer and sue the $5million truck liability policy and send the money back to Somolia to buy more arms

never knew insurance fraud could be so much fun
View Quote

Had a guy in a BMW pull that stunt in front of a dump truck I was the passenger in.  We managed to stop in time but the intent of the car in front was fairly clear when they pulled in front and them slammed on the brakes on an otherwise empty highway
Link Posted: 2/26/2024 11:32:30 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Had a guy in a BMW pull that stunt in front of a dump truck I was the passenger in.  We managed to stop in time but the intent of the car in front was fairly clear when they pulled in front and them slammed on the brakes on an otherwise empty highway
View Quote

Hopefully dash cams are putting a stop to that.
Link Posted: 2/26/2024 11:47:48 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Yeah, but did she hear the voice of God speak to her as she was on her way to murder her former co-workers?
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/26/2024 11:51:53 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
People try to game the system all the time. I know of a few, including a neighbor I had growing up.
View Quote

The best is "I hurt my back at work".  It's apparently the hardest for Comp companies to dispute/disprove.  Had it happen a number of times.  Laughably false in each case . . . people are such shitbags.
Link Posted: 2/26/2024 12:44:23 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote

It’s not and those who say it is are probably also milking the system.

And I say this as a vet, I get nothing from them and want nothing from them. They don’t owe me shit.
Link Posted: 2/26/2024 12:48:30 PM EDT
[#42]
At least she won something.
Link Posted: 2/26/2024 1:18:29 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote

I have known several such scammers.  NYPD, FDNY and two electrical union guys.

One of the FDNY scammers got nailed by social security disability when they went after his attorney and found a bunch of his clients were faking it. Guy goes out on 3/4's for what he claimed was a duty related injury which was BS and was found years later still operating his side construction business.

One of the union electricians retired but years later got sick and put int for social security disability and simple scammed them on paper work claiming he was still working. Same guy scammed the feds for $150k claiming he got cancer from being exposed to some chemical in Brookhaven National Labs when he did not even work there at the time. His old boss just signed a letter that he wrote himself claiming he worked there during this specific period of time and the fucking feds never asked for proof. He tried to scam the feds even further by getting in on some larger lawsuit against the lab but was denied entry into it.  

One NYPD guy went out on 3/4's via a duty related car accident not long after being hired. He got a job installing HVAC equipment in homes and was telling me how physically demanding it was to crawl around in peoples attics etc.

Can you imagine what all these scams add up to across the board.
Link Posted: 2/26/2024 1:30:50 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

One of the FDNY scammers got nailed by social security disability when they went after his attorney and found a bunch of his clients were faking it. Guy goes out on 3/4's for what he claimed was a duty related injury which was BS and was found years later still operating his side construction business.

One of the union electricians retired but years later got sick and put int for social security disability and simple scammed them on paper work claiming he was still working. Same guy scammed the feds for $150k claiming he got cancer from being exposed to some chemical in Brookhaven National Labs when he did not even work there at the time. His old boss just signed a letter that he wrote himself claiming he worked there during this specific period of time and the fucking feds never asked for proof. He tried to scam the feds even further by getting in on some larger lawsuit against the lab but was denied entry into it.  

One NYPD guy went out on 3/4's via a duty related car accident not long after being hired. He got a job installing HVAC equipment in homes and was telling me how physically demanding it was to crawl around in peoples attics etc.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

oh yeah, it's big money and we all citizens are paying for it in higher taxes and insurance costs.
Link Posted: 2/26/2024 1:40:19 PM EDT
[#45]
My first law internship was in an injury firm.

There's nothing quite like rolling into a mediation with a broken client and a good case, only to be shown a video of said client battling class 4 rapids on a raft.

I ran away from injury stuff with a quickness. Total whores on both sides.
Link Posted: 2/26/2024 1:46:15 PM EDT
[#46]
Disability……..very common grift.
Link Posted: 2/26/2024 3:02:47 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

The best is "I hurt my back at work".  It's apparently the hardest for Comp companies to dispute/disprove.  Had it happen a number of times.  Laughably false in each case . . . people are such shitbags.
View Quote

I don't think they could disprove the mri on my lower back. I still have an irrational fear of slipping on ice. Well, it can't really be irrational if it actually happened.
Link Posted: 2/26/2024 3:03:16 PM EDT
[#48]
Weight and distance?
Link Posted: 2/26/2024 3:19:39 PM EDT
[#49]

These cases always make me wonder how retarded some people are.

Bad enough to be grifting the system, but if you managed it, and basically have a free ride, why do stupid, public crap like this, where your chances are MUCH higher for being caught?

I recall another moron who was getting paid for the same types of claims, and the insurance investigators turned up videos of him lifting weights out in the open in his yard, and competing in bodybuilding powerlifting competitions.
Link Posted: 2/26/2024 3:20:35 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View Quote

All comes down to what they say they can and can’t do.

There’s a world of difference between “it hurts when I do X” Vs “I can’t do X”.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Top Top