Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/4/2005 8:58:11 AM EDT
Why do some games model damage from these 3 rounds practically the same? Rainbow Six 3 shows virtually no difference in damage between these cartridges.

I thought on the 8th day, the 45 Auto was built and each round can take out tanks and buildings?
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 5:44:46 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't know of a single game that reflects how rounds work
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 4:45:41 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I don't know of a single game that reflects how rounds work

I.e. in Rainbow Six 3 you have:
Beretta 92 FS , 9mm Luger, with damage of 19
Beretta 93R, 9mm Luger, with damage of 18
HK Mk 23, 45 Auto, with damage of 19
HK USP 40, 40 S&W, damage of 20
Glock 17, 9mm Luger, damage of 16
HK MP5/10, 10mm, damage of 39

WTF over? Is Tom Clancy smoking some bad weed?
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 12:23:52 PM EDT
[#3]
I agree it is tough.  I try play as realstic as I can but sometimes there seems to be no logic.   However, that's when I have to remind myself its just a game.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 12:37:02 PM EDT
[#4]
There's basically no difference with handgun terminal ballistics in those three calibers in real life either.  What confuses me is why the 357 DE is so incredibly powerful,

I also have a problem that you can't shoot pistol rounds through doors walls and glass in that game.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 10:08:21 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
There's basically no difference with handgun terminal ballistics in those three calibers in real life either.  What confuses me is why the 357 DE is so incredibly powerful,

I also have a problem that you can't shoot pistol rounds through doors walls and glass in that game.

But...getting shot by a 9mm is just like getting punched, right?
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 5:01:27 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

But...getting shot by a 9mm is just like getting punched, right?

I heard it was like a bee sting....
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 3:45:42 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

+1, seems the damage values only affect the liklihood of penetration through doors (only FMJ rounds will go through doors/windows and none will go through walls) and how much the tangos jerk around when shot. I do wish it was more realistic in this aspect, I'd mod the game if I could, but I'm on a Mac.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top