Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/2/2011 3:32:38 PM EDT
http://www.wdbj7.com/news/wdbj7-man-beaten-and-robbed-in-bedford-county-20111002,0,6976674.story

Man beaten and robbed in Bedford County

Authorities say an 81-year-old man was beaten and robbed in Bedford County Saturday night

"A man jump him asking him for money and he didn't have any, and we think he beat him with a baseball bat right in the face," says granddaughter Kayla Kelly.

This isn't far from where I live. I posted it because up until a couple of years ago he had a right nice size gun store in there. I think he closed it due to new licensing fees or something like that. He took all of the guns and ammo out and kept it as a convenience store.
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 4:20:54 PM EDT
[#1]

Sad days..

I hope he heals up, and the perp is caught by his family..

Link Posted: 10/2/2011 4:39:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Sadly for being in the 'country' this is not an isolated incident.. there have been at least 2 or 3 'home invasions' within the past few months..

Silas - we really do live close to each other..

brian
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 4:39:50 PM EDT
[#3]
was he a democrat or republican?
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 5:03:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Sadly for being in the 'country' this is not an isolated incident.. there have been at least 2 or 3 'home invasions' within the past few months..

brian

home invasions around Bedford?

Hadn't heard about that.

There is a guy impersonating a cop between forest and bedford off 221 a few days ago too.

Link Posted: 10/2/2011 5:27:37 PM EDT
[#5]
It's been three or four years since I've spent any time in Bedford Co/Lynchburg/Campbell Co, but even then it seemed like things were getting a little more urbanized.  Area around Alta Vista changed a great deal in the 12 years I had a hunting lease there.
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 6:00:15 PM EDT
[#6]
From what I hear, you can blame the crime increase in the Bedford area on the meth addicts, whose numbers are increasing every day. Crystal meth is called "hillbilly heroin". It's cheap, it's incredibly addictive, and meth users will do anything to get the money for their next fix.
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 6:01:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Last year, an older guy in town for his kid's wedding was beaten to death in Lynchburg.  Sad.
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 6:14:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
http://www.wdbj7.com/news/wdbj7-man-beaten-and-robbed-in-bedford-county-20111002,0,6976674.story

Authorities say an 81-year-old man was beaten and robbed in Bedford County Saturday night

"A man jump him asking him for money and he didn't have any, and we think he beat him with a baseball bat right in the face," says granddaughter Kayla Kelly.

This isn't far from where I live. I posted it because up until a couple of years ago he had a right nice size gun store in there. I think he closed it due to new licensing fees or something like that. He took all of the guns and ammo out and kept it as a convenience store.

It is a shame he did not keep at least one there for personal use.
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 6:39:47 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Seems y'all need to do some house cleaning.
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 7:32:56 PM EDT
[#10]
Is it just me, or do the youths seem to favor attacking non-youth senior citizens?
Link Posted: 10/3/2011 3:10:12 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:

brian

home invasions around Bedford?

Hadn't heard about that.

There is a guy impersonating a cop between forest and bedford off 221 a few days ago too.

There was on in Body Camp (rt 24 - between 122 and 43) a while back.. And another one closer to Goodview IIRC

b
Link Posted: 10/3/2011 3:22:00 PM EDT
[#12]
Bob Terry was walking to his car after closing the store when a black male with a stocky build wearing a hoodie jumped him and took his wallet and other items before fleeing on foot toward the intersection of Flint Hill and Dickerson Mill roads.

The element.

http://www.roanoke.com/news/roanoke/wb/299198
Link Posted: 10/3/2011 5:41:19 PM EDT
[#13]
I still have relatives up that way. I used to spend the summers with them back in my early days.

Sad, sad thing to see that area going down the tubes. Guess it's really no different than any where else these days.
Link Posted: 10/4/2011 8:04:47 AM EDT
[#14]
I just found out that he had to have reconstructive surgery on his face Sunday.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top