Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/20/2024 12:44:48 PM EDT
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/10-year-old-texas-boy-confesses-to-fatally-shooting-a-man-in-his-sleep-two-years-ago/ar-AA1nmedp

A10-year-old Texas boy confessed to fatally shooting a man in his sleep two years ago, according to the Gonzales County Sheriff's Office.

Brandon O’Quinn Rasberry, 32, was found dead at the Lazy J RV Park on Jan. 18, 2022 in his RV in Nixon, Texas, about 60 miles east of San Antonio, the sheriff's office said in a news release this week. An autopsy determined that Rasberry was shot once in the head, and the manner of death was homicide.

He told investigators that he was visiting his grandfather on Jan. 16, 2022 at the Lazy J RV Park when he took a 9 mm pistol from the glove compartment of his grandfather's truck, entered Rasberry's RV and shot him in the head while he was asleep, according to the sheriff's office.

"When asked, the child stated he had never met Brandon, and did not know who he was although he had observed him walking around the RV earlier in the day," the sheriff's office said. "The child was also asked if he was mad at Brandon for some reason or if Brandon had ever done anything to him to make him mad, the child stated no."

Murder charges will not be filed against the child because Texas law "states that a child does not have criminal culpability until they reach the age of ten years old," according to the sheriff's office. The child was seven years old at the time of the murder, just one week shy of his eighth birthday.
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 12:45:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Some people are born broken.
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 12:53:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Had one up here. 10 yr old shot his dadin the head with a 12ga when he was sleeping. Couldnt charge him because he was under 12, but the law was changed afterwards to 10 because of this one. Ended up in jail by time he was 20. Offed himself at 30-ish.
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 12:55:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Absolutely
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 1:01:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote
Which is why post birth abortion needs to be a thing.

Link Posted: 4/20/2024 1:03:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Just look at the flowers.
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 1:04:33 PM EDT
[#6]
That’s a scary kid. This won’t be his last murder.
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 1:05:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Just look at the flowers.
View Quote

+1
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 1:07:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Psychology says that level of crazy, especially at that age, he was probably neglected or abused by his mother.
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 1:09:25 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Psychology says that level of crazy, especially at that age, he was probably neglected or abused by his mother.
View Quote

Yep.

Your born a Psycopath, you are made into a sociopath.
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 1:19:12 PM EDT
[#10]
There is definitely a history of abuse.   They should be asking how many of that kids relatives or "uncles" that his whore mother brought over to "play" touched him in private places.

Link Posted: 4/20/2024 1:21:59 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Yep.

Your born a Psycopath, you are made into a sociopath.
View Quote

Wait, isn’t it actually the opposite? I was looking at this a while back and I thought I read where psychopathy was believed to have been a product of long-term abuse whereas sociopathy was more of a hardwired issue without a history of abuse. Obviously the two have a big overlap with the lack of empathy, but I thought I read that the differentiating factor was whether a psychopath was created or whether a sociopath was just born that way. Maybe I got it wrong and I’m too hung over to look it up lol

But yeah, that kid is fucked. He’ll be in prison for something else in the next several years. Hopefully he doesn’t give any other serial killers a run for their money on the way.
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 1:46:59 PM EDT
[#12]
"The good son" is a movie related to this topic.
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 1:50:11 PM EDT
[#13]
Demons walk among us.

Link Posted: 4/20/2024 1:54:55 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

Now extrapolate that theory to a particular part of the population that is notorious for single motherhood and their offspring.

Link Posted: 4/20/2024 2:06:32 PM EDT
[#15]
Defective, needs immediate recall.
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 2:52:19 PM EDT
[#16]
I doubt it had anything to do with his family besides genetics but even then this level of fucked up is more happenstance than design.

Either way some kids are broken from birth, return to sender with the little whack job.
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 3:17:25 PM EDT
[#17]
Cartoons made him do it.
Sugary cereals made him do it.
Exposure to lead from eating Lunchables made him do it.
Exposure to K-1st grade indoctrination made him do it.
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 3:20:58 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You just described murder, but with more words, and more steps.
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 3:22:08 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Wait, isn’t it actually the opposite? I was looking at this a while back and I thought I read where psychopathy was believed to have been a product of long-term abuse whereas sociopathy was more of a hardwired issue without a history of abuse. Obviously the two have a big overlap with the lack of empathy, but I thought I read that the differentiating factor was whether a psychopath was created or whether a sociopath was just born that way. Maybe I got it wrong and I’m too hung over to look it up lol

But yeah, that kid is fucked. He’ll be in prison for something else in the next several years. Hopefully he doesn’t give any other serial killers a run for their money on the way.
View Quote

It's in the name. Socio, psych... kinda self explanatory
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 3:51:28 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 3:53:26 PM EDT
[#21]
That is crazy.

He will kill again.
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 3:57:38 PM EDT
[#22]
He's got a taste for it now.
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 4:36:37 PM EDT
[#23]
We had a mother bring in her ten year old son who she had caught trying to smother his little sister with a pillow.  The mother thought he was just playing but he didn't seem to show any remorse when they tried to correct him, so she brought him into our office, to see if we could scare him straight.  Another investigator and I talked to him and he shook both of us.  As pure a sociopath as we had ever seen.  We told the mother, we didn't scare him, but he sure scared us and that she needed to file assault charges on him so we could get him into the youth court system.  I transferred out that area a year later, but I always figured he was going to be a career customer where ever he went.
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 4:39:20 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

I have no studies on this but I do know a couple manic/schizophrenic guys I grew up with who did have mommy issues.

Only in hindsight but I see it
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 4:42:32 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Demons walk among us.

View Quote
Yessir.
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 4:44:52 PM EDT
[#26]
I had an 8 year student where I openly questioned to a peer - "Is someone going to kill him one day or is he going to kill someone?"

He got picked up after trying to stomp on a deputy's head while conducting a welfare check a few years ago.

Fucking loser.
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 4:45:06 PM EDT
[#27]
https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2000/08/000814021300.htm

A 2000 study that was published in Science by Dr. Richard Davidson at the University of Wisconsin at Madison compared brain scans of more then five hundred people between those who were prone to violence and those who were considered to be normal.

The study found that the brain images of those who had been convicted of a murder with aggressive or antisocial disorders showed distinct brain activity compared to those who were considered normal.

These brain scans showed a relationship between the orbital frontal cortex, the anterior cingulated cortex, and the amygdale, which plays a large part in the control of negative and violent emotions. The orbital frontal cortex has been found to control and restrain the impulse of emotional outbursts, the anterior cingulated cortex was found to deal with responses to conflict, and the amygdale is known to control reactions to fear.

When Davidson and his colleagues reviewed the brain images they found that brain activity in the orbital frontal cortex and the anterior cingulated cortex had diminished or was non existent compared to the amygdale which controls reactions to fear which stayed at the same activity level or went higher.
Top Top