Link Posted: 12/18/2005 2:10:50 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 2:11:21 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Beginning of the 20th century.

close

Close my ass. Cartier was the first one to make a formal wristwatch for men. Before that it was considered only a peice of jewelry for women.

unless your a woman Fiero, in which case my answer is indeeed wrong. Seeing as *I'M* a man, with big dangly hairy man testicles, the correct answer would be beginning of the 20th century.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 2:14:51 AM EDT
[#6]
During / about WWI with the officers and enlisted that had them that where fighting in the trenches.

ETA:  At first they used crude leather and string to tie them to their wrist.  Later on purpose built bands where made.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 2:18:37 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
During / about WWI with the officers and enlisted that had them that where fighting in the trenches.

ETA:  At first they used crude leather and string to tie them to their wrist.  Later on purpose built bands where made.

DING DING DING....  Soldiers found it easier to look at there wrists instead of a pocket watch.

Thats why I said "close" Specop_007. Technically right, but WWI made it common place.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 2:20:51 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

DING DING DING....  Soldiers found it easier to look at there wrists instead of a pocket watch.

Thats why I said "close" Specop_007. Technically right, but WWI made it common place.

Your a girl dude. Admit it. You gots a money makin stank hole. Bitch, go get my money.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top