Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/22/2001 8:19:53 PM EDT
I spent most of the morning and early afternoon at the range.  Shot 350 rds of Q3131A.  I have an Oly with with a light weight SS barrel.  Zero failures.  Shot another 100rds of handload and only had 2 failures to seat properly.  May not have been sized completely.  Found the rifle to be very accurate, especially with the Q3131A.  Shot my Ruger .22 with bull barrel.  No problems hitting cans at 100 yards from the bench.  Finally finished with Feather Industries .22 rifle.  Bought two of these about 8-10 years ago.  Half way through all that shooting started to give me a headache.  What really gave me a headache were these two nimrods sighting in their shotguns for deer.  They were about five benches down.  There were only the three of us.  While I'm shooting I have a sense of movement to my right.  Nimrod #1 suddenly wants to change his target.  So he just runs out to make his change.  No call to cease fire or any indication.  I stop, unload, and move behind the yellow line.  Three times this happened.  They leave and were considerate enough to leave me their targets and trash to clean.  Don't think I would like to be out in the field with these gentlemen.  All in all, a very satisfying day.  
Link Posted: 11/22/2001 8:25:41 PM EDT
[#1]
the range i go to has free hearing protection to use..if it weren't for that i doubt i'd have gotten as involved with shooting as i have.
Link Posted: 11/22/2001 9:41:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Oh to be the rangemaster:
"Cease fire!!
Are you guys fucking stupid or what? Wanna get yourself shot? Dumbasses!!
Get off my damn range you morons!!!"
Link Posted: 11/22/2001 11:00:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
...What really gave me a headache were these two nimrods sighting in their shotguns for deer.  They were about five benches down.  There were only the three of us.  While I'm shooting I have a sense of movement to my right.  Nimrod #1 suddenly wants to change his target.  So he just runs out to make his change.  No call to cease fire or any indication.  I stop, unload, and move behind the yellow line.  Three times this happened.  They leave and were considerate enough to leave me their targets and trash to clean.  Don't think I would like to be out in the field with these gentlemen.  All in all, a very satisfying day.  
View Quote

Hey!  I'm a nimrod, and I resent being compared to those brainless twits! [:(!]

Seriously, most people don't realize that the word nimrod in not an insult.  Quite the opposite.  The word has its origins in the Bible, specifically Genesis 10:8-9.

"Cush was the father of Nimrod, who grew to be a mighty warrior on the earth.  He was a mighty hunter before the LORD; that is why it is said, "Like Nimrod, a mighty hunter before the LORD."

Just thought I'd set the record straight.  The individuals in question were in fact blinkered philistine pig-ignorant bastards. [:D]
Link Posted: 11/23/2001 7:01:09 AM EDT
[#4]
What the F#@K kind of range is that? If you stick your barrel past the fireing line without cease fire,your ejected!
Link Posted: 11/23/2001 7:13:07 AM EDT
[#5]
Sounds like a public range with no RO.  I'm not surprised, over 90% of the population is DUMB. (NO Commonsense.)

Link Posted: 11/23/2001 7:33:13 AM EDT
[#6]
Certainly no insult was meant to nimrod1193.  This is a private range and had no RO.  Each member, when there is no RO present, is able to act as the RO.  I blame myself for not being more vocal.  This will not happen again.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top