Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/9/2007 10:04:52 AM EDT
3 terrorists killed, 21 detained in operations targeting al-Qaeda in Iraq

BAGHDAD, Iraq – Coalition Forces killed three terrorists and detained 21 suspected terrorists during operations Wednesday and Thursday targeting terrorist cells associated with al-Qaeda in Iraq in the Tigris River Valley.

West of Balad Wednesday, Coalition Forces conducted a precision operation targeting the leader of a terrorist cell of foreigners and internationally connected Iraqis associated with al-Qaeda in Iraq.  The cell is known to provide logistics support to al-Qaeda in Iraq, as well as facilitating the movement of foreign terrorists and suicide bombings.  Surveillance teams identified the targeted individual and his associates inside a vehicle and, based on the nature of the cell’s activities, declared it a hostile target.  When the vehicle stopped near a house, Coalition Forces fired on the vehicle, killing the three terrorists.  Explosions erupted from inside the car, and Coalition Forces later found rocket-propelled grenades, rifles and propane tanks in the vehicle.

Based on information from the Wednesday operation, Coalition Forces raided five buildings west of Balad associated with the foreign terrorist Thursday morning.  After securing the area, the ground forces found a man, assessed to be a foreigner, hiding in a well near the buildings.  He was detained for his suspected associations with the foreign terrorist cell.

Coalition Forces captured the suspected deputy of a senior al-Qaeda in Iraq leader in the northern part of the country during a Thursday operation north of Tikrit.  The captured individual allegedly works for the terrorist emir of Salah ad Din province, who intelligence reports indicate was involved in developing strategy for al-Qaeda in Iraq.  In addition to the deputy, Coalition Forces detained seven individuals for their suspected ties to the terrorist leader.

In Mosul Thursday, Coalition Forces targeted a suspected al-Qaeda in Iraq operative who allegedly escaped from Badush prison in March and conducted attacks against Coalition Forces in May.  Ground forces detained three suspected terrorists for their alleged ties to the terrorist group.

Coalition Forces detained nine more suspected terrorists in Mosul Thursday while targeting a close associate of an al-Qaeda in Iraq senior leader.

“As long as terrorists continue to conduct their brutal attacks against the people of Iraq and those who seek to bring security to the country, we will continue to work toward eliminating the threat,” said Lt. Col. Christopher Garver, MNF-I spokesperson.

Link
Link Posted: 8/9/2007 10:35:03 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 6:56:41 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I read your posts everytime you post.  I have a question is all of these captures and killings of bad guys in Iraq and Afghanistan really making a an impact.

It seems like everytime they kill some more pop up out of the scum.

I guess I am asking is this accomplishing anything or is just trying to empty the ocean with a bucket.

The impact of the surge has been tremendous in Iraq, civilian cooperation is increasing daily, terrorist attacks have been steadily decreasing since the beginning of the surge, now a good number of former Sunni insurgents are working on our side, even fighting alongside Coalition and Iraqi forces.

Here are some pics of former insurgents clearing an area of al-Qaida terrorists.

Just keep in mind that the majority of terrorism in Iraq and Afghanistan is a direct result of foreign meddling.

Link Posted: 8/14/2007 1:55:06 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
I read your posts everytime you post.  I have a question is all of these captures and killings of bad guys in Iraq and Afghanistan really making a an impact.

It seems like everytime they kill some more pop up out of the scum.

I guess I am asking is this accomplishing anything or is just trying to empty the ocean with a bucket.

The impact of the surge has been tremendous in Iraq, civilian cooperation is increasing daily, terrorist attacks have been steadily decreasing since the beginning of the surge, now a good number of former Sunni insurgents are working on our side, even fighting alongside Coalition and Iraqi forces.

Here are some pics of former insurgents clearing an area of al-Qaida terrorists.

i141.photobucket.com/albums/r70/GBME2/MembersofaSunnimilitiasearchfore-1.jpg

i141.photobucket.com/albums/r70/GBME2/capt42105a6bd2234967b3c896c750ce298.iraq_baqouba_offensive_bag115.jpg

i141.photobucket.com/albums/r70/GBME2/AmemberofaSunnimilitiasearchesfo-1.jpg

Just keep in mind that the majority of terrorism in Iraq and Afghanistan is a direct result of foreign meddling.

I also believe that the increase in violence in Afghanistan is a direct result of the rhetoric coming from the left in this country.  It emboldens the assholes.

Yep, the leftist rantings really encourage the global terrorist campaign.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top