Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
10/20/2017 1:01:18 AM
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/8/2005 6:29:03 AM EDT
I'm wondering if Army basic training will put the smack down on me. Perhaps the air force would be a better choice if I decide to finally join up.

Any older guys have experience on this matter?
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 6:31:20 AM EDT
Ask your Orthopaedist. Or maybe a sports physiologist. I would think they could give you some sort of stress test to determine the probablity of a blow-out based on a certain set of activities.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 6:33:25 AM EDT
I hear the Mall Force has openings...

(of course you would be required to wear MALLPAT)

Link Posted: 8/8/2005 6:34:44 AM EDT
The older you get, the more malfunctions you will experience.

I agree with DzlBenz. Sports doctors can do amazing things.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 6:39:50 AM EDT
Are you joining active or guard/reserves? I ask because someone with a bum knee might be able to stand up to basic and AIT but might fall apart if you get into an MOS that has you rucking a lot full time.
It IS possible to tough out basic and AIT with something like that---friend of mine went through basic at age 33 with a bum ankle...he just basically gritted his teeth and put up with it.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 7:19:03 AM EDT

Originally Posted By RikWriter:
Are you joining active or guard/reserves? I ask because someone with a bum knee might be able to stand up to basic and AIT but might fall apart if you get into an MOS that has you rucking a lot full time.
It IS possible to tough out basic and AIT with something like that---friend of mine went through basic at age 33 with a bum ankle...he just basically gritted his teeth and put up with it.

Glad you asked. This would be the reserves.

Perhaps even the air nat'l guard might be a viable option.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 7:31:54 AM EDT
Well, good luck to you man. I hope your knees let you do it.
Top Top