Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/6/2002 6:49:50 PM EDT
I have a new oly PCR-4 and all my thirty round mags are not dropping free and feel a little hard going in,they all drop free easy from my bushy but for some reason they seat hard and do not drop free,and ideas.
The mags are all USGI and of dif. makes.
Link Posted: 7/6/2002 8:28:04 PM EDT
[#1]
This is common in the Oly lower receivers. I have seen it in PCR's and ICR's.
Link Posted: 7/6/2002 9:44:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
This is common in the Oly lower receivers. I have seen it in PCR's and ICR's.
View Quote

Thanks Imbroglio,but i wonder why the 20's drop free ?
Link Posted: 7/6/2002 10:00:53 PM EDT
[#3]
I have the same problem with my 30 rds. in my Bushmaster.
Link Posted: 7/6/2002 10:10:46 PM EDT
[#4]
One possible culprit is the front edge of the trigger guard protruding into the mag well. Try inserting mags with the trigger guard in the down position. Take a file to it if that is the problem.

There isn't very much else you can do with the lower, but if you are very careful, the mags can be gently squeezed a little at a time in a table vise. Usually the problem is with the rear spine (overlapping) section not laying completely flat but bowed out slightly, but your mileage may vary, especially if you have the way out of spec Cooper mags.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top