Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/29/2006 9:15:36 PM EDT
Cloyingly awful and unfunny, NBC's Studio 60 On the Sunset Strip has rocketed downhill since the engaging first episode. Matthew Perry can't even convince his former F.R.I.E.N.D.S. to guest-star. Watch it fade away even as ...

30 Rock, also on NBC, gets sharper and funnier every week. Tina Fey's whip-smart writing and performance, and Alec Baldwin's (Yes, Arec Bardwin -- get over it. He's brilliant in this role) oily, ruthless charm make this the funniest, most intelligent live action comedy on TV.

Studio 60's on Monday nights, 30 Rock's on Wednesdays. Full episodes online at nbc.com.

That is all.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 2:59:06 AM EDT
[#1]
Sorry man, if my TV receives more than 30 seconds of Alec Baldwin I have to flush it with bleach.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 4:49:24 AM EDT
[#2]
But....  Alec Baldwin is president of the Film Actors Guild!

I haven't seen either show.  Tina Fey has an odd attractiveness to her.  Kind of "I'm smarter than you, until it comes time for a good spanking....."
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 4:50:46 AM EDT
[#3]
fuck the baldwins!
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 6:59:01 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
fuck the baldwins!

Except Steven.  He's a good guy.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 6:00:52 PM EDT
[#5]
I don't particularly care for his politics, but I have to admit Alec Baldwin is a pretty good actor, and a really good comic actor.

Just watch any of the SNL's that he hosted for proof...especially as a pedophile Scoutmaster in a 'Canteen Boy' sketch with Adam Sandler.

I'll have to record 30 Rock.  I like Tina Fey, and if it's better than the forst episode, I'll have to give the show a chance.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 6:28:35 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I don't particularly care for his politics, but I have to admit Alec Baldwin is a pretty good actor, and a really good comic actor.

Just watch any of the SNL's that he hosted for proof...especially as a pedophile Scoutmaster in a 'Canteen Boy' sketch with Adam Sandler.

I'll have to record 30 Rock.  I like Tina Fey, and if it's better than the forst episode, I'll have to give the show a chance.

+1 I can't stand Alec Baldwin the person....but he is a very funny actor.

That said the 30 rock show just blows.  I have only watched two shows and it lacks timing, tempo and laughs.  Alec does a good job of being an a-hole ( but I like his role) and Tracy Morgan is not brining much to the table...even though I used to really like his SNL, stand up and Crank yankers stuff.

The only good NBC show is the Office right now.
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 4:06:11 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Alec Baldwin is a pretty good actor.....

...especially as a pedophile Scoutmaster in a 'Canteen Boy' sketch......

Uhhhh....  That wasn't acting.
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 9:04:35 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

SNIP

The only good NBC show is the Office right now.

I forgot about The Office. 30 Rock = Second funniest.
Link Posted: 11/2/2006 6:25:16 AM EDT
[#9]

Another vote for 'Alec Baldwin is a scumbag but a great actor'.  

He stole a scene in 'The Departed' when he was speaking with Matt Damon's character right before a big raid.  I won't give it away but it was one of the funniest things I've heard in a long time.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top