Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 12/15/2013 5:45:48 AM EDT
4 days later and my packages just arrived in the same state as me.
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 5:54:57 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 6:02:18 AM EDT
[#2]
It's Christmas.
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 6:03:15 AM EDT
[#3]
The 2 days is an estimate not a guarantee.
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 6:04:59 AM EDT
[#4]
Do they even advertise it as two-day shipping anymore?
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 6:05:29 AM EDT
[#5]
Honestly, I've had pretty good luck with priority mail.  The last priority shipment I sent actually arrived a day earlier than they said it would.

But... when they fuck it up, they fuck it up and it ends up in some kind of twilight zone.  I think a lot of problems are localized - for instance, at my last address the neighbors would frequently deliver my mail.  Here, I've yet to have any problems.

That said, it really is the best deal in shipping.
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 6:06:16 AM EDT
[#6]
The post office sucks and all but, getting a package around Christmas is a challenge for any delivery service. The more e-commerce grows, the worse the problem gets.
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 6:08:04 AM EDT
[#7]
Albany, NY to Buffalo, NY. Goes through Springfield, MA.
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 6:11:12 AM EDT
[#8]
I've mailed and had mailed to me 6 packages via Priority Mail 2 and 3 days services recently. ONE was on time, the rest were at least a day late, one of the two day packages took 5 days, not including a Sunday.  These were all back in November.   Three UPS overnight shipments all arrived next day.
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 6:14:49 AM EDT
[#9]
Some of the people here must be the dumbest shippers ever. I ship by USPS Priority Mail and First Class Parcel all the time and the package always gets to my customers quickly.

Not that they would think it but if you live in a fucking igloo in AK it might take longer for the dog sled team/bush plane to get your fucking package to you.
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 6:17:27 AM EDT
[#10]
Be thankful we've had the ability to mail things as cheaply as we do, for as long as we have.
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 6:17:31 AM EDT
[#11]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Albany, NY to Buffalo, NY. Goes through Springfield, MA.
View Quote
Shit you could drive it back and be there same day.

Link Posted: 12/15/2013 6:18:28 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
The post office sucks and all but, getting a package around Christmas is a challenge for any delivery service. The more e-commerce grows, the worse the problem gets.
View Quote

Why do they suck? I can send a letter across the country for under 50¢ or a box full of steel fasteners for $5. Do they ever lose a letter? Of course but I'd challenge any company to move what they move with 0% error. The fact s their prices cannot be beat and that is because the USPS is not a business in the normal sense. It is a SERVICE to the American people and one of the ONLY things the .gov is tasked with by that old piece of paper that I love. That and without priority mail I'd have a lot less money in my pocket due to shipping costs.

These anti USPS threads kill me. So full of herp and derp.

In before someone claims they waste "tax" dollars
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 6:21:49 AM EDT
[#13]
It's the end of the calender year and most postal workers have use or lose annual leave that they have to take.  

Link Posted: 12/15/2013 6:28:39 AM EDT
[#14]
Man I love priority 1 day shipping  . Seriously, how in the flying fuck can a package being sent 1 hour away near Cleveland, make a route to louisville ky?  

December 13, 2013
Depart USPS Sort Facility  .
LOUISVILLE, KY 40231  

December 13, 2013 , 6:17 pm
Processed through USPS Sort Facility .
LOUISVILLE, KY 40231  

December 12, 2013
Depart USPS Sort Facility .
CLEVELAND, OH 44101  

December 12, 2013 , 10:06 pm
Processed at USPS Origin Sort Facility .
CLEVELAND, OH 44101  

December 12, 2013 , 7:03 pm
Dispatched to Sort Facility .
ELYRIA, OH 44035  

December 12, 2013 , 2:56 pm
Acceptance .
ELYRIA, OH 44035  

December 11, 2013
Electronic Shipping Info Received .

Link Posted: 12/15/2013 6:30:44 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 6:31:59 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Why do they suck? I can send a letter across the country for under 50¢ or a box full of steel fasteners for $5. Do they ever lose a letter? Of course but I'd challenge any company to move what they move with 0% error. The fact s their prices cannot be beat and that is because the USPS is not a business in the normal sense. It is a SERVICE to the American people and one of the ONLY things the .gov is tasked with by that old piece of paper that I love. That and without priority mail I'd have a lot less money in my pocket due to shipping costs.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That much is true. I don't believe that the post office has been supported by the people for decades. I think its income comes from postage and related services only. Also, you'll find that many of the UPS, Fedex packages sent are delivered by the USPS on the final leg as The USPS delivers to every house in the US. Something about a deal between the shippers having airliners where the USPS hasn't in years. The USPS can only use commercial airlines for certain unrestricted items. Else they use the other shippers airliners in return for breaks on the final leg of delivery. Someone more in the know may care to chime in.
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 6:33:09 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Do they even advertise it as two-day shipping anymore?
View Quote

My tracking page says "2 day priority mail with $50 insurance." Shipped Wednesday. Will be here Monday.  
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 6:36:58 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They suck because the lose stuff. I'd actually use the service if I knew what I sent was going to get where I sent it. Price is secondary to that.
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 6:37:18 AM EDT
[#19]
USPS is a joke as a whole.  i get more "your package is important to us" bs where you bashed, dented, ran over, destroyed my package then I even get a legit delivery.  And on time? pfff good luck.  I cringe when  I buy something and its in their hands and if i ever get to pick i do.
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 6:39:14 AM EDT
[#20]
Didn't it snow a fuckton up there? Maybe that has something to do with it.
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 6:42:25 AM EDT
[#21]
I actually did have a package from Florida arrive in 2 days a couple days ago, surprised me.

During the rest of the year they usually have their shit together for me
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 6:48:02 AM EDT
[#22]
I very rarely use priority mail, but I do use taxpayer subsidized military mail heavily.  It makes deployments much easier.  Thanks to all of you, we appreciate it over here.

Priority mail takes a week to 10 days to make it to Kuwait.  Same as 3rd Class Parcel Post, but we can't get Mom to risk her cookies going stale : )
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 6:48:22 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

Ordered a watch last Saturday from a place in San Diego ( I am in PA).  Payed extra for 2 day priority.  Watch was shipped Monday, arrived Saturday.  
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 7:03:35 AM EDT
[#24]
Waaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhh,,,,,,,  

USPS is not a fkn joke!!

What other company in the USA can deliver meds to every single address in ONE day, if it's required??

People need to stop slammin "that" which made this country what it is.

Unless you have a better way to do it;  STFU !!  

Jus sayin...............................
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 7:06:03 AM EDT
[#25]
It's just your state.

I shipped a pair of sunglasses from Texas to FL. Sent Tuesday and arrived Thursday.  Can't go wrong for $6.

Meh, your rant is invalid.
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 7:18:04 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

They suck because the lose stuff. I'd actually use the service if I knew what I sent was going to get where I sent it. Price is secondary to that.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

And ups and FedEx don't? Their percent of error actually pretty astounding but that would require you fact checking.
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 7:18:52 AM EDT
[#27]
I hear if you pay a little extra the delivery driver will drive over your lawn and deliver the package straight to your front porch
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 7:23:45 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I hear if you pay a little extra the delivery driver will drive over your lawn and deliver the package straight to your front porch
View Quote

You know, the dog spray they carry is not actually used on dogs, but on people like...............  

never mind..........  my words only fall on deaf ears...............................  

Link Posted: 12/15/2013 7:25:13 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

And ups and FedEx don't? Their percent of error actually pretty astounding but that would require you fact checking.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I was attempting to be charitable by using the term "lose" to describe what the USPS does to their deliveries. My postal carrier thinks it is funny to deliver correspondence from the IRS and the NRA to my neighbor and throw the rest of my mail in the trash. This is 100% of the time. You think UPS and FedEx do this sort of thing too? The post office sucks in a way it is only possible for an arm of the government to suck.
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 7:27:52 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

I was attempting to be charitable by using the term "lose" to describe what the USPS does to their deliveries. My postal carrier thinks it is funny to deliver correspondence from the IRS and the NRA to my neighbor and throw the rest of my mail in the trash. This is 100% of the time. You think UPS and FedEx do this sort of thing too? The post office sucks in a way it is only possible for an arm of the government to suck.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

And you know that he/she throws mail away how? How often is your mail misdelivered?
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 7:34:02 AM EDT
[#31]
2-Day priority mail by USPS is a joke.

I fixed your post
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 7:38:41 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
It's the end of the calender year and most postal workers have use or lose annual leave that they have to take.  

View Quote

Annual leave carrys over to the next year, up to 440 hrs( then you lose it ). You can bank as much sick leave as you earn, no limit.

Link Posted: 12/15/2013 7:53:59 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Regarding this comment; I am calling you a LIAR !!

Link Posted: 12/15/2013 8:00:54 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Man I love priority 1 day shipping  . Seriously, how in the flying fuck can a package being sent 1 hour away near Cleveland, make a route to louisville ky?  

December 13, 2013
Depart USPS Sort Facility  .
LOUISVILLE, KY 40231  

December 13, 2013 , 6:17 pm
Processed through USPS Sort Facility .
LOUISVILLE, KY 40231  

December 12, 2013
Depart USPS Sort Facility .
CLEVELAND, OH 44101  

December 12, 2013 , 10:06 pm
Processed at USPS Origin Sort Facility .
CLEVELAND, OH 44101  

December 12, 2013 , 7:03 pm
Dispatched to Sort Facility .
ELYRIA, OH 44035  

December 12, 2013 , 2:56 pm
Acceptance .
ELYRIA, OH 44035  

December 11, 2013
Electronic Shipping Info Received .

View Quote

That's kind of how I felt when a shipment of bullets I ordered from Xtreme went from Lewiston Idaho to Spokane Washington, when I live in Indiana. I know it's not quite the same thing, but their routes make absolutely no sense to me or any other thinking individual that I know of!
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 8:01:45 AM EDT
[#35]
My HK parts made it from Peoria AZ to Nashville TN in two days by USPS Priority, and I shipped a holster from here to Portland OR in three. No complaints from me.
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 8:04:48 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

The 2 days is an estimate not a guarantee.
View Quote
This. Also it's Christmas as has been pointed out. Maybe OP didn't realize this. With that said i got something in 2 days the other day from CT to AZ with 2-3 day USPS priority shipping.

Link Posted: 12/15/2013 8:06:52 AM EDT
[#37]
I use USPS for my online biz and I am experiencing severe slow downs since Black Friday.   First class packages are taking up to 10 days and priority is taking 6 or 7.  Normally my packages actually do arrive by the estimate, but not right now.  If they were so damn cheap I would change to fedex.  But I can't ship a $5 item for $1.69 with fedex.  So..... I have to live with it.

Link Posted: 12/15/2013 8:10:44 AM EDT
[#38]
OP is a whiner.

Priority mail rocks.

It is NOT "2-day".  It is advertised as 1, 2, or 3 BUSINESS DAY delivery.  Estimate (not guarantee) is given at purchase.

95% of the packages I ship are delivered within this.  Sometimes, one goes a little later.  UPS and FedEx Ground are no different.
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 8:13:50 AM EDT
[#39]
During Christmas time, DO NOT use the USPS special delivery services, they really suck. Just ordinary 1st is the best.
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 8:14:42 AM EDT
[#40]
Should have shipped it priority mail express. It is guaranteed to get there in two days by a certain time or you get your money back.
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 8:18:06 AM EDT
[#41]
UPS usually keeps it on time.
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 8:20:41 AM EDT
[#42]
USPS is shit but the Priority Mail option is great when it works...
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 8:25:23 AM EDT
[#43]
I have had good results from the USPS----- maybe I might not have said that........
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 8:26:17 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote

OP, I must agree with you about this.   I bought a pistol from Bud's Gun Shop about ten days back.   They sent it to Cincinnati, Ohio on time but then some dumbass there sent it over to someplace in Pennsylvania where it sat for two or three days before being sent back to .........Cincinnati again.  It did eventually make it up to Columbus, Ohio and then down to my FFL's small town in southern Ohio.  All told, about NINE days in shipping.   What a joke.
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 8:26:41 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

And you know that he/she throws mail away how? How often is your mail misdelivered?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What, are you a postal inspector?

I don't have proof that things are being tossed but nothing is at the post office under my name and nothing is in my box except, I'm assuming, when there is a substitute carrier (maybe once every 3 months or so, sporadically). The neighbor gets everything of mine that could possibly raise an eyebrow. Every piece of NRA junk mail here in anti-gun NJ, every state and federal government correspondence. I'm guessing the carrier is pissed at me for going out of town and not putting a hold on the delivery, since I have never met them and it started after the first time I went out of town unexpectedly.  

It's ok. I don't need them anyway. All of my bills are paperless and I don't get any packages delivered to my home.
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 8:27:40 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

If that makes you feel better, knock yourself out.
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 8:31:12 AM EDT
[#47]
quit yer bitching.

i just paid over 150 dollars to have an sp89 shipped overnight.

for the price it can't be beat.
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 8:36:57 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View Quote

You got your package?

Arrived in good shape?

Count your blessings, snowflake.  Count your blessings.
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 8:38:23 AM EDT
[#49]
It's like 1-Hour dry cleaning.
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 8:38:31 AM EDT
[#50]
Hey Mossberg:

There's a lot of Military "arm of the government"  that would like to knock you out for your comment.
By the way,  the USPS has not been controlled by the gov since early 70s.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top