Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/14/2001 6:32:26 PM EDT
If I can find one of those .22 conversions would said powderless ammo fire through a 1/7 barrel alright? higher danger of stuck bullets at all?  which ones better the government one or the ciener? I realize it more than likely would not cycle.
Link Posted: 9/14/2001 7:18:28 PM EDT
[#1]
colibri's should work since there the same size as a regular 22
but it would would essentaly make your ar a bolt action since it most likely wouldnt cycle
Link Posted: 9/14/2001 7:22:52 PM EDT
[#2]
have not tried cb rounds in AR. I was surprised at the penetration. shooting indoors they are quieter than an air rifle yet penetrated almost 2 inches into a sears catalog.
Link Posted: 9/14/2001 10:21:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Better solution just as quiet. Size and Prime regular .223 cases. Then push a .22cal lead pellet in backwards. Will be quiet and pop pesky varmints at regular yard type distances
Link Posted: 9/14/2001 10:33:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Colibris will not cycle. I have used them and they are virtually silent. You'll never get a silencer that good. It may have just been my old .22, but I found that Colibris had a much higher rate of duds. I've used .22 Shotshell and they are the most reliable of any .22 I've seen, but agin won't cycle. .22 Shotshells put a load of approximately #9 shot into a plastic bottle at 25 Yards, but do not penatrate beyond the bottle. They are kinda fun and won't do much damage.
Link Posted: 9/14/2001 11:46:31 PM EDT
[#5]
I heard Colibris are great for those 8-round revolvers, but they lose power in rifles and of course, will not cycle any autos (not even my cheesy AR-7).

In fact, they would be great in the Taurus 94 with 2" or 4" barrel or the 970 Tracker. Great for shooting rats in the basement.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top