Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/28/2012 6:04:27 AM EDT
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 6:09:12 AM EDT
[#1]
Utah is full of smart people.  This isn't surprising, especially since we have a TON of teachers already carrying daily. These were likely the ones who figured they should just jump on the bandwagon with their colleagues.

My MIL--a very sweet, very generous, very liberal woman who I love dearly despite all of it, is a 30-year veteran educator and principal.  Just a couple weeks ago she said, without any hesitation, that she was going to go get her CCW and a pistol. I don't think my jaw has ever dropped so far, so fast before.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 6:10:09 AM EDT
[#2]
To carol, fuck you.

To Jessica, let's see pictures.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 6:10:20 AM EDT
[#3]
More people coming around to our side.

Link Posted: 12/28/2012 6:12:35 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
More people coming around to our side.

They always were on our side, just never felt a "need" to carry.  I've only met a small handful of anti-CCW folk here in Utah, and even then, their platforms were shaky at best.  
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 6:12:58 AM EDT
[#5]
Where are the f@#$ are the pics of the bra holster dammit
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 6:14:03 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

It's a terrible idea," said Carol Lear, a chief lawyer for the Utah Office of Education. "It's a horrible, terrible, no-good, rotten idea."

In the education world, if an administrator or school board member doesn't like it then it is probably a good idea.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 6:16:15 AM EDT
[#7]
Carol Lear mad.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 6:17:47 AM EDT
[#8]
well i hope the lawyer gets held at gun point so she knows what its like
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 6:18:14 AM EDT
[#9]
The guys from OpsGear did this for them. I believe it was free as well but I amy be wrong.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 6:30:00 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

More importantly we need pics of teacher wearing the bra holster.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 6:32:48 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's a terrible idea," said Carol Lear, a chief lawyer for the Utah Office of Education. "It's a horrible, terrible, no-good, rotten idea."

In the education world, if an administrator or school board member doesn't like it then it is probably a good idea.

Truer words are seldom spoken.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 7:01:42 AM EDT
[#12]
I see Carol is reading at a 2nd grade level.  Good for her!

Link Posted: 12/28/2012 7:06:34 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I see Carol is reading at a 2nd grade level.  Good for her!  

You nailed it!

Link Posted: 12/28/2012 7:13:06 AM EDT
[#14]
Carol B. Lear
School Law and Legislation
Utah State Office of Education
PO Box 144200
250 East 500 South
Salt Lake City, Utah  84114-4200
Fax: (801) 538-7768

[email protected]
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 7:13:15 AM EDT
[#15]
The anti's don't want our teachers armed probably because they realize some teacher might put down there coddled little FSA hoodrat when he decides it's time to punch teacher in the face because he did not do his homework.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 7:51:08 AM EDT
[#16]
Isn't the "Gun Free School Zone" a federal thing?

Wonder if a teacher would get a little attention and cooperation from little Johnny Hoodrat if he thought his teacher was packin'.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 7:52:09 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:

More importantly we need pics of teacher wearing the bra holster.

This is what I was hoping to see when I clicked on the thread.  

Link Posted: 12/28/2012 8:00:54 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Wonder if a teacher would get a little attention and cooperation from little Johnny Hoodrat if he thought his teacher was packin'.

The "helpless victim zone" bill allows states to decide if CCW is allowed in schools and on school grounds.

Link Posted: 12/28/2012 8:02:05 AM EDT
[#19]
Utah is on my very, very short list if I ever decide to abandon VA.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 8:02:30 AM EDT
[#20]

Link Posted: 12/28/2012 8:04:46 AM EDT
[#21]
You wanted to see her, well, here she is:

http://www.theblaze.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/600x474-253x200.jpg

All of the fantasy posts aside, I don't think it was a very good idea for the article to mention her name nor was it a good idea for the teacher to tell the whole fucking world as we know it where her gun is stashed.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 8:08:23 AM EDT
[#22]
Well from that photo something needs to be "augmented" if she plans on using a bra holster.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 8:16:28 AM EDT
[#23]
My wife is a Middle School Math teacher here in Utah. She expressed an interest in getting her CFL and learning how to carry. This is a first for her as she has usually shown little interest in firearms aside from the occasional range trip with me. She's a good shot too.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 8:20:55 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:

The "helpless victim zone" bill allows states to decide if CCW is allowed in schools and on school grounds.

This. I've carried several times while visiting my wife. The school police officer knew and had no problems with it. Some of my wife's coworkers would have a shit fit if they knew, but oh well. Fuck them.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 8:37:56 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This. I've carried several times while visiting my wife. The school police officer knew and had no problems with it. Some of my wife's coworkers would have a shit fit if they knew, but oh well. Fuck them.

My wife is a teacher and has carried for 3 or 4 years as the state and more importantly in her case, her district, allows her to carry. Her district policies say she can't tell anyone at school she carries, it has to be on her person at all times (no purse carry or locked in a desk) and legally she is on her own if she has an ND or if she shoots in defense. Frankly the biggest problem with her carrying are finding clothes for her to carry IWB.

Utah CCW holders can carry in schools so I do when I go to our kids' programs or whatnot.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 8:48:21 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

My wife is a teacher and has carried for 3 or 4 years as the state and more importantly in her case, her district, allows her to carry. Her district policies say she can't tell anyone at school she carries, it has to be on her person at all times (no purse carry or locked in a desk) and legally she is on her own if she has an ND or if she shoots in defense. Frankly the biggest problem with her carrying are finding clothes for her to carry IWB.

Utah CCW holders can carry in schools so I do when I go to our kids' programs or whatnot.

Remember, we have CFLs in Utah, not CCWs. There actually IS a difference.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 8:49:25 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Remember, we have CFLs in Utah, not CCWs. There actually IS a difference.

You are right...forgot about that.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top