Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/28/2011 11:11:21 PM EDT
I bought my iPod Nano in 2006 and have only updated the software versions a few times, in fact I have no idea what's on there now.  I let the anti-virus lapse on the old laptop PC I used to use and stored my iTunes library on.  So, now I think that laptop has a virus.  Can a virus be transferred to an iPod?  

I have tried fully charging the iPod on other computers.  Now the screen displays the message "Use iTunes to restore"  in English, some German below that, and then some acryllic writing below that.  

Any ideas or suggestions?
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 4:40:50 AM EDT
[#1]
Your ipod should be immune to virus', as it runs a version of the Mac OS (PC virus's aren't written for Mac OS, and visa-versa).  It does sound like you need to plug it into a computer with iTunes installed and restore the software.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 4:58:07 AM EDT
[#2]
Okay, when I bought the iPod I think I received a CD-rom for installation.  Do I need it again or is EVERYTHING available online?
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 7:19:27 AM EDT
[#3]
plug it into I tunes itll prompt u to update etc unless Ipod is jacked
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 7:58:02 AM EDT
[#4]
itunes will download and install the latest ipod software for you, just plug it in already.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top