2005 - Force Recon Association - Reunion
1. Recon 2005 will take place in Fredericksburg, VA, 7 - 11 September 2005.
2. The location is the Holiday Inn Select, Fredericksburg.
For more info : www.forcerecon.com
Holiday Inn Select Fredericksburg
2801 PLANK RD.
FREDERICKSBURG, VA 22401
The Holiday Inn Select Hotel and Conference Center is the premier full service hotel and meeting facility in the Fredericksburg area. The hotel has the largest meeting/catering facilities in the area, total meeting space is 18,000 sq. feet. The hotel is centrally located between Richmond, VA. and Washington DC on I95 at exit 130B. 194 rooms, including 9 suites. Features: Palm room restaurant, Ledo Pizza, Nightclub Shannons, Business Center, fitness center, and outdoor pool.
Check-In Time: 3:00 PM
Check-Out Time: 12:00 PM
High-speed Internet Access
On-site Guest Self-Laundry Facilities (washer/dryer)
Kids Eat Free
Dedicated Lounge (or 24 Hour Lounge)
Iron / Ironing Board
Health/Fitness Center On-Site
A/C Public Areas
Cancellations made prior to 24 hours before arrival date will receive a full refund.
Cancellations made within 24 hours of arrival date will be charged the first night of the reservation.
3. The hotel has guaranteed the FRA 100 rooms. It is important that everyone make their reservations as soon as possible to ensure you get a room. The FRA strongly encourages every member to make their reservation as soon as possible. You must call the hotel's phone number listed above to make your reservation. You must tell the reservations clerk that you are with the FRA Recon 2005 reunion to get best rate.
4. The FRA Recon 2005 room rate is $87.98. This rate includes tax. There are no parking fees. Again, you must make your reservation by phone and state that you are with the FRA Recon 2005 Reunion to get this rate. The standard room rate is $99.83 ($96.85 advance purchase) per night plus 10% tax.
5. There are 8 RV parking slots available at the rate of $25 per night. First come; first serve.
6. Additional information will be published in the very next SitRep, including registration form, fees, tours, etc. The tentative activities are:
a) Tuesday Golf Tournament - Wayne Pilny is coordinator.
b) Wednesday Check in.
c) Thursday Open, Executive Board Meeting
d) Friday FBI Range Quantico
You have just fucked up bro. Now every airsofter/armchair commando/gamer within a 6 hr radius is going to be assaulting the chips and dip.
I never knew that Marine Corps Force Recon had an Association. Can you e-mail me with some details about the Association? I was Force Recon from 1978-1984. At work, I proudly wear my USMC RECON pin. Semper Fi!
Click on this link. Semper Fi!
Cool. I'm sure you'll need an invitation or credentials to get in though.
I have a question. My father-in-law, USMC 1939 to 1948, was part of a groups who would land on the islands before the invasions, map them out, sleep inthe trees duringt he day and then be pulled off by submarine at night. They called themselves Beachcombers. Would he qualify for this grooup? He personally did this on two islands. One was Bougainville.
His story of how he qualified was kind of funny. They were looking for volunteers so 250 guys showed up. They would work them like rented mules all day long doing meaningless stuff like carrying telephone poleswith pegs attached etc. . The next morning, some were thanked for their effort and then would be asked to leave. Finally they got down to 6 men of which he was one. At that point, their qualification was that they didn't snore. The other 246 guys did.
The mission was explained, they were all sworn to secrecy and not one backed down. After he would complete his mission he would report to the Admiral in charge, deliver his maps so that pre-invasion shelling could be planned and then go back to his unit.
Back in WWII they were known as MARINE RAIDERS.
The lineage began then.
Marine Raiders were/are the FORE FATHERS of modern day USMC FORCE RECON..
All members of the MARINE RAIDER ASSOCIATION are ELIGIBLE for membership in the FORCE RECON ASSOCIATION.
Here is a link to the MARINE RAIDER ASSOCIATION - -
Hope that helps you out.