Site Notices
Posted: 6/9/2001 7:51:16 PM EDT
Link Posted: 6/9/2001 8:00:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/9/2001 8:16:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Sweep,

Please keep on posting your links.

They are the best exercise program I have had in years.

Gets my heart rate up instantly and keeps it there.
Link Posted: 6/9/2001 8:18:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
This kid is half Lebanese!

Now given what this kid had already been through, I doubt I'd been sitting in class reading a book with a confederate battle flag on the cover. However, I've got a little more brains now at 35 than I did when I was 13.

View Quote

Thats BS. If I wanted to sit anywhere and read a book with the confederate flag on it then Im damned well gonna do it. It is just as much a part of my history as a black person wearing a Martin Luther King shirt is.

I am not a racist and I happen to have several very close black friends. I had a discussion with one of them over the rebel flag not too long ago. It seems that most of them believe that the Confederates and slavery go hand in hand along with the flag, while I have a completely different view on it. I think it has everything to do with states rights and the oppression by the federal govt. He could not change my mind and I could not change his, but we agreed to disagree.

While he said he would not like me say wearing a patch with the rebel flag on it he could kind of see my point. The same as if he wanted to listen to "African" music or whatever when we sat in his car on break. Slavery is just something that happened that has happened for thousands of years and that I have never had anything to do with. Unless you consider my Nike's that were probably made by some slave in a 3rd world country, but thats another story.

It is simply another part of this countries history and that history would be completely different if the South had won the war. Remember it was the "War of Northern Aggression" and the so called rebels were simply the souths "freedom fighters".

If somebody wants to fight me because Im a Texan and I like my Confederate flag then they will have to just bring it on, because Im not going to back down. Im a little more grown up now and I would rather try to peacefully diffuse any misunderstandings I may have with someone if it comes down to it Ill throw bones with the best of them.

Those kids should be prosecuted for a hate crime. If the same thing would have happened to a black kid with a Malcolm X book and a couple of white kids beat him up they would have hung them by the neck in front of the school and that my friends is a bunch of bullsh*t.

Michael
Link Posted: 6/9/2001 8:35:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/9/2001 8:44:34 PM EDT
[#5]
I wonder if we will see any hate crime charges? ............what am I wondering for, of course we will, all of us have the same protection under the law right?
Link Posted: 6/9/2001 8:57:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Yes, I read the whole article the other day and no you didn't offend me in the least. I have just always been taught to stand up for myself and it is throughly ingrained in every thought and action I make.

What really pisses me off is the system we live in. Where it is ok to f*ck with white people, but the minorities are a special class. Actually, Im an American Indian but I look close enough to white where it wouldn't help me any, not that I would want special treatment just because of my race.

If you want to talk about oppression and harsh treatment then screw the blacks, talk to an indian. Then you will find out what getting the shaft is all about, but I dont think I am owed anything by anyone because my ancestors were treated unfairly. Anyone alive now had nothing to do with it, its spilt milk.

All of the minorities said that all they wanted was equal treatment and now that they have it they bitch because they are sh*t on like everyone else is and now they want to be different again. This is America, the land of the whites. Founded by whites, except for the indians and othe small groups of foreigners, and with laws of white men in most instances. If they don't like it then they can go back to where they came from, be it Africa, Mexico, Canada or whatever. Nobody is stopping them.

And this doesn't go for just different races, but for different classes of people as well. Like some people in California think that we shouldn't have guns or people in Seattle think everyone should hug trees. You get my point.

Basically, Im just fed up with everybody always b*tching and moaning because they aren't rich, have a big house, aren't treated the way they want to be etc. Everyone needs to be taught in school that life isnt fair. Things don't always go your way. Sometimes people do things that you don't like, but if it doesn't harm you personally then it is tough sh*t.

These kinds of stories just really piss me off and if everybody would stand up for themselves like this kid did then others would think twice about crossing them. If people feared messing with other people because of what they believed in then this country would be a better place. These kids probably wouldn't have done this to me in school, but if they had I would have put the fear of God in to them and they would have thought twice about messing with somebody else. That is what I think this country needs.

Again, don't get me wrong. I AM NOT a racist, biased etc. I am an American minority, that is married to a mexican, with several good black friends who has just about had it with the f*cking non working system. Thats all I have to say about thayat.....

Michael..out.......
Link Posted: 6/10/2001 1:32:28 AM EDT
[#7]
its no longer hard for me too see how some of theese kids can go crazy abd soot up th kids they donbt like and the teachers they hate.

that is scary.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top