Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 8
Posted: 4/19/2012 4:53:04 PM EDT
http://lewrockwell.com/gregory/gregory246.html

"Why do some of us continue to fixate on Waco? If for no other reason, because April 19, 1993 was a squandered opportunity if ever there was one. The people could have risen up and said, "Enough!"..."
Link Posted: 4/19/2012 4:54:40 PM EDT
[#1]
IBP

In before Pato
Link Posted: 4/19/2012 5:00:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Completely needless and over the top what happened in Waco...  

Link Posted: 4/19/2012 5:02:02 PM EDT
[#3]

Link Posted: 4/19/2012 5:03:14 PM EDT
[#4]
<––––––––––––-Born & raised in Waco.

I hope every Jackboot involved in that rots in Hell...

Link Posted: 4/19/2012 5:04:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Why didn't anyone run out once thefire started?  That has always bothered me.
Link Posted: 4/19/2012 5:06:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Would you run out into the field of fire of men like Horiuchi?

Link Posted: 4/19/2012 5:06:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Fuck. That long ago? I remember driving from Corsicana to Waco when that was going down. Seems like yesterday. Janet Reno....nuff said.
Link Posted: 4/19/2012 5:06:47 PM EDT
[#8]
in on 1!

Link Posted: 4/19/2012 5:09:52 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 4/19/2012 5:10:19 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 4/19/2012 5:16:32 PM EDT
[#11]
I am just so happy that the idiots were able to save those poor kids from that evil man by burning them to death.  

e

Link Posted: 4/19/2012 5:17:09 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 4/19/2012 5:21:18 PM EDT
[#13]
FUCK RENO and the DAG KILLAZ!
Link Posted: 4/19/2012 5:22:33 PM EDT
[#14]
It was my first day of work at a new job, the owner of the company had it on TV and clapped and cheered about the same time that photo was taken. He was over the top happy about the gov putting an end to it. It was sickening. It was also my last day at that job.
Link Posted: 4/19/2012 5:25:42 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

I am just so happy that the idiots were able to save those poor kids from that evil man by burning them to death.  

e

Yes, there are fates far worse than death for sure.

Link Posted: 4/19/2012 5:26:44 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Some people ran out the back and were cut down by an M60 machine gun.
Link Posted: 4/19/2012 5:29:59 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:

No shit huh?
Link Posted: 4/19/2012 5:41:17 PM EDT
[#18]
Fuck every one who was involved in murdering those children.

Every gov't employed person outside of that house should have been tried for murder. And as the evidence clearly shows, they were guilty, and should have been put tho death..... And Reno should have taken that ride too.....

As for the comment about Lon, fuck that piece of shit....... he should have been in the chair long ago too...
Link Posted: 4/19/2012 5:42:29 PM EDT
[#19]
Personally, I really sad that people died needlessly on both sides. The intensity could've been wound down, but the ATF was grandstanding and they didn't want to back down. Remember the ATF had the press their to observe the operation.
Link Posted: 4/19/2012 5:45:49 PM EDT
[#20]
See 2nd sig line
Link Posted: 4/19/2012 5:49:05 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
<––––––––––––-Born & raised in Waco.

I hope every Jackboot involved in that rots in Hell...

They will.

Link Posted: 4/19/2012 5:52:20 PM EDT
[#22]
Fuck Lon and the ATF.
Link Posted: 4/19/2012 5:58:25 PM EDT
[#23]
I lost what little faith I had in our government that day. . . .

As the song goes, "I won't be fooled again!"

RIP innocents.

Hessian-1
Link Posted: 4/19/2012 6:04:19 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No shit huh?

http://www.hardylaw.net/flir.html
Link Posted: 4/19/2012 6:06:30 PM EDT
[#25]
I wonder if they found nano thermite in the debris..I hope the troofers investigate this one. Sad day for America for this to happen while we watched it live on t.v....turns my stomach everytime.
Link Posted: 4/19/2012 6:07:23 PM EDT
[#26]
An armed man is a citizen, an unarmed man is a subject.
Link Posted: 4/19/2012 6:09:16 PM EDT
[#27]

Link Posted: 4/19/2012 6:21:18 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

being gunned down or burned alive is not much of a choice....
Link Posted: 4/19/2012 6:21:39 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No shit huh?

Yeah no shit. It came out in the trail by both survivors, the people on the gun and their boss that gave the order to fire. The survivors exited through a hole in the rear wall and the gun cut a bunch of them down.

Link Posted: 4/19/2012 6:59:34 PM EDT
[#30]
The article is correct in that it was a tipping point.

Not for the better.

DP
Link Posted: 4/19/2012 7:00:57 PM EDT
[#31]
Piss on Lon Horiuchi
Link Posted: 4/19/2012 7:04:00 PM EDT
[#32]
I'm still upset on how it was handled.
Link Posted: 4/19/2012 7:08:48 PM EDT
[#33]
Ya think there's any connection to the Oklahoma City bombing ???

Timothy James McVeigh (April 23, 1968 – June 11, 2001) was a United States Army veteran and security guard who detonated a truck bomb in front of the Alfred P. Murrah Federal Building in Oklahoma City on April 19, 1995. Commonly referred to as the Oklahoma City Bombing, the attack killed 168 people and injured over 800 people,[3] and was the deadliest act of terrorism within the United States prior to the September 11, 2001 attacks.[3] McVeigh, a militia movement sympathizer, sought revenge against the federal government for its handling of the Waco Siege, which had ended in the deaths of 76 people exactly two years prior to the bombing, as well as for the Ruby Ridge incident in 1992. McVeigh hoped to inspire a revolt against what he considered to be a tyrannical federal government. He was convicted of 11 federal offenses and sentenced to death. His execution took place on June 11, 2001 at the Federal Correctional Complex in Terre Haute, Indiana. Terry Nichols and Michael Fortier were also convicted as conspirators in the plot.

Patriot or not?

Just playing Devils advocate.
Link Posted: 4/19/2012 7:09:28 PM EDT
[#34]
I walked the Waco "compound" in March of 1995.  Shot two rolls of film and spent a couple hours...  The Texas Militia erected a momument to the innocent that were killed that day in 93.  Sad to see the shrine with all the toys and burned bent up kid bikes...
Link Posted: 4/19/2012 7:11:39 PM EDT
[#35]
The dwarves jousting in Game of Thrones reminded me of waco. That or two equally retarded short buses colliding head on.
Link Posted: 4/19/2012 7:13:26 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

They had barricaded all the entry points.

Link Posted: 4/19/2012 7:13:47 PM EDT
[#37]
IBD_A
Link Posted: 4/19/2012 7:17:41 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Timothy James McVeigh (April 23, 1968 – June 11, 2001) was a United States Army veteran and security guard who detonated a truck bomb in front of the Alfred P. Murrah Federal Building in Oklahoma City on April 19, 1995. Commonly referred to as the Oklahoma City Bombing, the attack killed 168 people and injured over 800 people,[3] and was the deadliest act of terrorism within the United States prior to the September 11, 2001 attacks.[3] McVeigh, a militia movement sympathizer, sought revenge against the federal government for its handling of the Waco Siege, which had ended in the deaths of 76 people exactly two years prior to the bombing, as well as for the Ruby Ridge incident in 1992. McVeigh hoped to inspire a revolt against what he considered to be a tyrannical federal government. He was convicted of 11 federal offenses and sentenced to death. His execution took place on June 11, 2001 at the Federal Correctional Complex in Terre Haute, Indiana. Terry Nichols and Michael Fortier were also convicted as conspirators in the plot.

Patriot or not?

http://i.cdn.turner.com/trutv/trutv.com/graphics/photos/serial_killers/notorious/mcveigh/1a.jpg

Not if you target the innocent like .GOV. Children are not viable targets.

Link Posted: 4/19/2012 7:21:20 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
It was my first day of work at a new job, the owner of the company had it on TV and clapped and cheered about the same time that photo was taken. He was over the top happy about the gov putting an end to it. It was sickening. It was also my last day at that job.

I don't even know how I would react
Link Posted: 4/19/2012 7:21:54 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't even know how I would react

I'd do the same thing he did. Walk the fuck out.
Link Posted: 4/19/2012 7:23:22 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Patriot or not?

http://i.cdn.turner.com/trutv/trutv.com/graphics/photos/serial_killers/notorious/mcveigh/1a.jpg

You mean like the US Government does.

How many woman and children has this Government killed???? War is war.

Link Posted: 4/19/2012 7:28:22 PM EDT
[#42]
i was a kid when it happened (31 now) and i remember it, but not very well.

saw a documentary on it a while back. truly amazing how truly fucked up that whole thing was.

i didn't realize it was possible to step on your dick (as an organization) that many steps in a row.

crazy cult? sure.

.gov freaking out and causing unnecessary deaths?

a-yup
Link Posted: 4/19/2012 7:33:02 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Patriot or not?

If some one burned my family alive I would not kill that man, I would decorate his house with his wife and kids intestines so he can experience the pain and agony everynday of his life.

Link Posted: 4/19/2012 7:36:24 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
i was a kid when it happened (31 now) and i remember it, but not very well.

saw a documentary on it a while back. truly amazing how truly fucked up that whole thing was.

i didn't realize it was possible to step on your dick (as an organization) that many steps in a row.

crazy cult? sure.

.gov freaking out and causing unnecessary deaths?

a-yup

Same age as you. My first impression was they were bad people. After doing research and following other sources for news, I changed my thoughts REAL quick.
Link Posted: 4/19/2012 7:37:00 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Patriot or not?

If some one burned my family alive I would not kill that man, I would decorate his house with his wife and kids intestines so he can experience the pain and agony everynday of his life.

A man steps forward.

Link Posted: 4/19/2012 7:43:46 PM EDT
[#46]
There is a name that hasn't been mentioned in this thread yet.

Someone who was very much so involved in this.

Eric Holder.
Link Posted: 4/19/2012 7:51:14 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Patriot or not?

if the " official" story is to be believed that tim mcveigh retaliated against the federal government for its actions in Waco.

it is possible to regard him as a freedom fighter that has an albatross of collateral damage i/e the kids that were in the federal daycare that was in that building. guess it was a government perk that was paid for with tax money.

It is reported that mcveigh claims that he did not know about the day care in the building.

the official story has a lot of WTFs that i am sure has been discussed in other threads.

Link Posted: 4/19/2012 7:51:15 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Eric Holder.

That is correct.  Soon after the disaster, I heard Waco TX people say the Feds could have taken David Koresh anytime they wanted to when he was downtown, away from the compound.
Link Posted: 4/19/2012 7:54:30 PM EDT
[#49]
I find peace knowing that in this life or the next, Lon Horiuchi and other men like him will have to stand and give answer for their sins.
Link Posted: 4/19/2012 7:54:49 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Eric Holder.

what is his place in the story ? I believe he was workign for the government at the time, but I do not know in what compacity.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top