Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/15/2006 4:03:40 PM EDT
These monkeys did not deliver my flowers to my girlfriend for Valentines.  Now I look like a complete asshole for not getting her flowers.

Do not ever do business with these assholes.  They don't answer the phone, don't answer emails but they take your money.

They suck ass.

Max
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 4:05:54 PM EDT
[#1]
I used to use them all the time when I was married and never had a problem, but I haven't used them the past couple of years since the divorce.

YMMV

SBG
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 4:13:01 PM EDT
[#2]
I ordered flowers to be delivered at my girlfriend's job.  Then I found out Tuesday night she was going to be working at her sister's shop (1800flowers distribution center...privately owned though).  I couldn't get a live body on the phone and their phone system doesn't allow you to wait in queue.  

I sent an email asking to change the delivery address.  I got a response saying that it would be handled.  

Valentine's day.....NO FLOWERS.  I am pissed.  I wrote them another email stating that they failed to live up to what was promised and I want the charges reversed back to my credit card.

Today: GF goes to work....there are flowers there.  They were delivered V-day to the wrong place, the change of address never processed on their end.  And I got an email promising to reverse the charge.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 4:15:51 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I ordered flowers to be delivered at my girlfriend's job.  Then I found out Tuesday night she was going to be working at her sister's shop (1800flowers distribution center...privately owned though).  I couldn't get a live body on the phone and their phone system doesn't allow you to wait in queue.  

I sent an email asking to change the delivery address.  I got a response saying that it would be handled.  

Valentine's day.....NO FLOWERS.  I am pissed.  I wrote them another email stating that they failed to live up to what was promised and I want the charges reversed back to my credit card.

Today: GF goes to work....there are flowers there.  They were delivered V-day to the wrong place, the change of address never processed on their end.  And I got an email promising to reverse the charge.

Exactly these monkey's suck ass.  Fuckers.  I will never do business with these fucks again.

Max
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 4:28:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Write an email to [email protected].  Explain that your flowers were not delieverd on the date promised and demand a refund.  They should refund your money.  

Good luck!
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 4:38:36 PM EDT
[#5]
I had two things sent and both showed up ontime A-OK.

Bill3508
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 4:41:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for the heads up.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 4:48:07 PM EDT
[#7]
It's a decent service for online flowers.  
To be honest I would expect to have a problem with any of the major flower companies with a last min change.  It is the most popular day to receive flowers of the year.
In the future use a local flower shop directly for the important stuff.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 4:48:57 PM EDT
[#8]
FTD is a better outfit.  They delivered early vice delivered late or not at all.  

Max
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 4:50:03 PM EDT
[#9]
You fucking slacker. You should have done it yourself.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 5:00:19 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Well I am a Marine in NC and she is California, you are right though I am slacking.

Max
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 5:01:28 PM EDT
[#11]
i ordered from them a couple years ago.  some rediculous price like 40 bucks for a dozen roses.  my gf gets them, and they look like horse shit.  i could have gotten better roses on a street corner for 10 bucks.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 5:02:56 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well I am a Marine in NC and she is California, you are right though I am slacking.

Max

Sorry
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 5:10:40 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I had two things sent and both showed up ontime A-OK.

Bill3508

+1
I have used them multiple times, and they have always arrived on the day specified, even when ordered the previous night.
I would not attempt to use them on a day on which everyone else would be sending flowers...i.e. valentine's day.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 5:12:33 PM EDT
[#14]
yes they do suck ASS
If you call them you cant talk to a live person. The email they sent me back is some automatied
crap. I placed my prder on jan 19 for feb 14 delivery no flowers /cant talk to anyone /email nothing

Link Posted: 2/15/2006 5:13:37 PM EDT
[#15]
I use them every couple of months, and they have always delivered on time and quality stuff.

That said, I am it depends A LOT on the local flower shop they are using.  If the local guy sucks, and delivers shitty flowers, then the head office NEED to know, so they can start looking for a new local guy (if they get enough complaints).

Same goes for UPS - the reliability and service all depends on the local center - where I live now, UPS are awesome!!  When I lived in a poor suburb of D.C., they were so incompetent and indifferent that you would not believe the stories!!
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 5:13:48 PM EDT
[#16]
STOP THE FRIGGEN PRESSES!
A flower company that handles hundreds of thousands of orders for Valentine's Day missed a delivery? The hell you say. Companies should be perfect 100% of the time; otherwise, we should all go and trash them on the internet without calling to get our money back or more flowers delivered first.

The world ain't perfect. Deal with it.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 5:15:17 PM EDT
[#17]
Man I am so pissed right now.  I filed a complaint with the better business bureau about these jokers.  Guess what happened?  They called me about 5 minutes ago.  Started out with ass kissing but still no delivery.

They could not even tell me where my trash was.  They still suck.

Max
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 5:15:19 PM EDT
[#18]
Their "shipping" rates! rape!!!!!!
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 5:15:35 PM EDT
[#19]
Fuck them.

My mother ordered a Chrismas flower set and got some TERRIBLE "Christmas Tree".  Their excuse was that they were out of that set and had to make the new one.  It had a blue pot and some shitty foam material that was showing through the pieces of plant they shoved in it.

They couldn't replace it.  
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 5:18:13 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
A flower company that handles hundreds of thousands of orders for Valentine's Day missed a delivery? The hell you say. Companies should be perfect 100% of the time; otherwise, we should all go and trash them on the internet without calling to get our money back or more flowers delivered first.

Look man first off you can kiss my ass. Second off I am not the only one to get the run around.  I paid top dollar for a service that they have yet to provide.  They took the money from my account and my girlfriend is pissed that I did not get her flowers.  

As I posted before I am a Marine and she is in California.  I want to marry this woman but this is not sending the signal I want.  

Companies make mistakes that is true, but they have not fixed it nor do they know where my order is but they have my money.  That is wrong.

Max
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 5:25:38 PM EDT
[#21]

To be honest I would expect to have a problem with any of the major flower companies with a last min change. It is the most popular day to receive flowers of the year.

Well, its what they do.  They should be set up to make money, and deliver the goods, on this day of all others.

Its like a McDonalds that is taken by suprise by the lunch time crowd EVERY SINGLE DAY.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 5:39:49 PM EDT
[#22]
I ordered flowers for my girl on Sunday and they came through on Tuesday just fine. I have had one order that came in the day after it was supposed to...I sent them an email and they credited the charge....
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 6:25:12 PM EDT
[#23]
It's true everyone makes mistakes.  It's if they are willing to make it right or not that makes the difference.

Here is the deal with 1800flowers.  All they are is a room full of servers and a few offices.  They contract out everything else, including a lot of the customer service.  That's why you don't get an answer on the phone on a holiday.  They are swamped.

Here is how distribution is handled.  1800flowers contracts with local flower shops to source, assemble, and deliver the arrangements.  Packages and arrangements are spec'd by 1800flowers.  All the buying, assembling, etc. is done by the local shops.  Orders are dumped off a corporate server through a WAN to the network at each contracting shop through a proprietary software setup.  

When there is an issue, corporate has to contact the local shop to find out the status of the order.  A lot of this is done via email.

So, it's pretty much in the hands of the local shop.  If they fuck up and then try and dodge, there isn't much 1800flowers can do until such time as they can renegotiate or drop the contract and give one to someone else for that area.

ETA.  My GFs sister's shop is a big one, handling northern Chicago and suburbs.  They get a couple hundred orders a day.  On holidays that can swell to 2000-4000 a day!!!!  It's hard to get it all right.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 6:38:03 PM EDT
[#24]
YES!!!

The flowers for my Missus were crappy and they forgot the balloons!  I was SO PISSED!!!

Their customer service sucks ass too.  I can't get through on the land line.  I finally found an obscure service button on their web site and sent them a flaming arrow.  We'll see whether or not they answer.

I've purchased from them before but if they don't fix this, it will be the last time I ever use them.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 6:57:00 PM EDT
[#25]
Same damn deal with me man.. here i am in IRAQ and order a three day package, one gift each day.. supposed to have been delivered 13th, 14th and 15th..... my wife hasn't gotten jack shit!
It's hard enough to call out of here because of the lack of comm... but fuck, sounds like it's a useless endeavor anyhow...
that has me highly pissed off.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 7:48:26 PM EDT
[#26]
1800Flowers in Denver is Veldkamps and I love them.

The ones I hate are Pro-flowers.com, they send flowers in a box and the receipient has to build them. Really nice if they aren't physically able.

Link Posted: 2/15/2006 7:53:11 PM EDT
[#27]
1800flowers is not one shop, its a ordering company and a local company with a contract with them handles the delivery.  800flowers takes a cut as well as the end company.  Thats were your delivery of flowers went wrong.   The end company fucked up due to the mass of deliveries.  You are merely an expendible casualty.  I bet if you had a huge account with them it would have been rectified immediately.

Its just reality and business.  

I would recommend calling a local company and having it delivered.  Its more reliable then going through a 2nd party.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 8:28:19 PM EDT
[#28]
I've used 1800 Flowers as well as FTD.com, both times talking to service reps on the phone.

The rep from FTD.com was much friendlier and easier to work with, while the 1800 Flowers rep was haughtier and less reassuring that my order would be placed correctly.

Keep in mind this is just one experience I've had with each company, not a series of consistent results. It's interesting how it seems to match up with other poster's experiences, however... maybe FTD does a better job at CS than 1800flowers does.

Link Posted: 2/15/2006 8:56:26 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

As I posted before I am a Marine and she is in California.  I want to marry this woman but this is not sending the signal I want.  

Don't worry man, in this scenario, she's probably cheating on you anyway! Cheer up!
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 9:16:24 PM EDT
[#30]

Its like a McDonalds that is taken by suprise by the lunch time crowd EVERY SINGLE DAY.

Bad analogy.  McDonald's can hire employees to be there at lunch every day.  When they invest in storage and refrigeration space, it's used every day of the year.  For a flower shop, the one I've done bookkeeping for and another a relative owns both do more than 35% of their entire yearly business on Valentine's day.  One averages 9 sales per day on days other than Feb 14.  On Feb 14 last year, they had nearly 1,900 individual sales.  That's 211 times greater than the average day.z
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 3:53:06 AM EDT
[#31]
Update, another phone call additional asskissing but still no delivery.  I just need a refund.  If the above book keeper's opinions are true, then they should have been prepared for one of the best days of the year for them.

Hire additional temp help, drivers and extend hours equal happy customers.

Don't let a mistake happen, no one tell you except your girlfriend and then leave you -$ since they took your funds and still have no idea where your delivery is and no promises to when it will be delivered.

They need to fix their business model because it is flawed.  A happy customer is a repeat customer.

FTD is a better outfit.  I ordered from them, it processed, I have a no kidding tracking number and I am happy.  They will get all my money since this woman is worth a lot to me.

YMMV sorry for the rant.

Max
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 3:59:16 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
Update, another phone call additional asskissing but still no delivery.  I just need a refund.  If the above book keeper's opinions are true, then they should have been prepared for one of the best days of the year for them.

Hire additional temp help, drivers and extend hours equal happy customers.

Don't let a mistake happen, no one tell you except your girlfriend and then leave you -$ since they took your funds and still have no idea where your delivery is and no promises to when it will be delivered.

They need to fix their business model because it is flawed.  A happy customer is a repeat customer.

FTD is a better outfit.  I ordered from them, it processed, I have a no kidding tracking number and I am happy.  They will get all my money since this woman is worth a lot to me.

YMMV sorry for the rant.

Max

You still don't get it do you? 1800 flowers owns few, if any, flower shops. They take orders and farm them out to local flowershops who do the deliveries. I'm sure if they get enough complaints they'll discontinue their association with that local flower shop.

I'll let you in on a little secret, FTD missed deliveries on the 14th as well.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 3:59:24 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
FTD is a better outfit.  They delivered early vice delivered late or not at all.  

Max

I used FTD online for the 15% military discount. I was pissed. Description clearly states
delivery fees included. I was surcharged $13.99 service fee when I used the checkout. The
description stated Red roses, my wife was sent yellow. I was so pissed I tried calling to
complain but on Valentines day and the next day the customer service queue was a busy
signal then disconnect.

My wife was still happy so I decided to chalk it up and not use them ever again.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 4:07:45 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
The ones I hate are Pro-flowers.com, they send flowers in a box and the receipient has to build them. Really nice if they aren't physically able.

The quality of the flowers from ProFlowers is head and shoulders above the rest of the floral services.  They also send them UPS.  I've never had a problem with delivery when I order from ProFlowers.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 4:29:05 AM EDT
[#35]
A lady my wife works with got some sent to her (last week) from this company. Apparently the husband had been told it was a good deal. So he sent these flowers to her. They came wrapped up in a box, vase included, etc. but it was a do it yourself and put it together thing.  She spent awhile getting it unwrapped and put together. She wasn't happy and he could have just gotten them and bruoght them by himself...but then...he is a JBT and that would probably be unmanly.

Link Posted: 2/16/2006 4:43:49 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 4:44:36 AM EDT
[#37]
My wife got less than stellar flowers once, and when I called, they sent a new arrangement that was much nicer than what I ordered the first time.  So even though there was a problem, they handled it very well.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 4:51:34 AM EDT
[#38]
I order from FTD...The local florist they use isn't that far from me and I've never had a problem.  Quality is always very good.  Sure, I could skip the $11.99 service fee and go to the florist myself (or call them, heh!), but I like doing things online and I get a picture of the arrangement (so far every arrangement has looked exactly like or much better than pictured), and it's hassle free.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 6:57:13 AM EDT
[#39]
For what it's worth, I had a horrible experience with FTD the year before last, so 1-800-Flowers isn't the only company with problems.

My SO celebrated her 25th birthday in October of 2004, so I ordered flowers online a couple days ahead of time.  I bought a bouquet of some sort in a vase, and I upgraded it to "level three," the highest option, which supposedly has more and better flowers.  This was a full $20 more expensive than the list price "level one" bouquet, but I thought it was worthwhile.  I also sent a small $10 teddy bear with the flowers.

They were supposed to be delivered on Thursday at her home.  Well, Thursday came and went without the flowers showing up, so I called FTD late Thursday night.  The person on the phone apologized profusely and promised they'd be delivered Friday morning, and she'd "upgrade" the flowers free of charge.  If "level three" is the best you can order, then "level four" must truly be a sight to behold, right?  I wasn't expecting a rose bouquet anymore, but a freaking rose bush!

Well, Friday came and went.  No flowers.  At this point, I was a bit upset.  I'm a patient man, but I was feeling like a real jerk because my SO probably thought I'd forgotten about her.  I called and "voiced my displeasure," and received another canned apology and a promise to "upgrade the flowers."  Alright, I'm up to LEVEL FIVE.  I should be getting an entire rose garden by now, right?  Well, my SO was hosting a small birthday party on Saturday, so FTD had one more chance to get things right.  They were going to deliver the flowers at her house before she set out for the party at noon.

My SO lives in a town about 35 miles from the city I live in.  As I left my house to head to the party at about 2:00pm, I got a call from FTD on my cellphone.  "Hi, we're trying to find X Street in Yourtown, but I can't find it on the map.  We've got some flowers to deliver."  Suffice it to say I was very displeased at that point.

I responsed, "Oh, you mean the flowers that were supposed to be delivered on Thursday?  Then, on Friday?  Then, no later than two hours ago?"

"Umm, yeah.  Those flowers."

I ended up having to give the guy my SO's cellphone number so he could track her down.  I arrived at the birthday party just as the FTD driver was arriving to make the delivery.  So much for the "surprise" factor, right?

In FTD's defense, they did upgrade my order.  The flowers didn't look any better than what I had ordered, but the $10 teddy bear was replaced with something closer to a $40 teddy bear.  It was quite nice.

-James
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 7:12:43 AM EDT
[#40]
My family owned a flower shop up until a few years ago when it was sold (Thank God!). A huge volume of our business was done on Valentine's Day but I don't believe that we ever had one big mess up. We upped our employees by 4-5X leading up to and on Valentine's Day. It is all about planning. The only complaints that I ever received were from girls (this was a college town) who had not received flowers from 'Bob' but had from 'Dave' and 'Mike.' There is nothing I can do about that.

If you have a good local florist that will be taking the orders from the major call centers then you are OK, but if you get a hole-in-the-wall you might be screwed.

My suggestion is to call a local florist and place the order yourself. You have a much better chance of getting what you want. You will also have a better chance of getting fresher flowers since the local florist can make you whatever they want, where if they have an order from a call center they have to make exactly what is requested. That is why you might get old flowers.

One good thing did come out of the family owning a flower shop...my wife wants nothing from me for Valentine's Day except for a card. She is SICK of flowers!
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 7:24:45 AM EDT
[#41]
Think of ProFlowers.com next time.... Have been ordering with them since 2003, and have NEVER had a bad experience with them. The flowers are shipped directly from the growers, and are unbelievably fresh - every time. They also seem to last longer for some reason. I've tried the 1800flowers bit in the past, had the same luck as most of you, which is why I switched.

Sorry you all had bad experiences.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 7:24:48 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The quality of the flowers from ProFlowers is head and shoulders above the rest of the floral services.  They also send them UPS.  I've never had a problem with delivery when I order from ProFlowers.

The proflowers website is pretty clear....it says whether you get a vase with the order or if they come in a box.  Some people prefer boxed roses because they like to put them in a vase that they have, and arrange them.   Some people want them delivered in a vase.

But it does specify on the website what they come in.

I had a great experience with them last year.  
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 9:29:46 AM EDT
[#43]
UPDATE:

I finally got through to them.  They refunded 1/2 of my bill and promised to send my missus another arrangment WITH balloons TODAY!!!  

Can you say..."Out of the Dog House!"  Yippee!  
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 10:28:43 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
UPDATE:

I finally got through to them.  They refunded 1/2 of my bill and promised to send my missus another arrangment WITH balloons TODAY!!!  

Can you say..."Out of the Dog House!"  Yippee!  

That's why I order teddy bears and not flowers. I usually get it early and it won't wilt.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 10:33:10 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Look man first off you can kiss my ass. Second off I am not the only one to get the run around.  I paid top dollar for a service that they have yet to provide.  They took the money from my account and my girlfriend is pissed that I did not get her flowers.  

Companies make mistakes that is true, but they have not fixed it nor do they know where my order is but they have my money.  That is wrong.

Max

That could be the start of a whole new thread right there..
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top