Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/21/2001 12:53:00 PM EDT
I just bought one, local store had one ($699.00) I already have one bushie with a 24" bbl,(God, this thing is soooo LIGHT!) I realize there will be some loss of accuracy due to the barrel legnth, typically, what can I expect from this rifle at 100 yds,and what weight bullets work with it? I have on hand, 62gr ss-109's and 55gr fmj's both surplus,I'll be using WC-846 powder Comments?
Link Posted: 7/21/2001 1:45:02 PM EDT
[#1]
While I don't have a bushy, I did build a 16" with a Colt LW barrel and a Cav arms lower, the upper is a slick sided flat top from Fed arms. Any way for 5 shot groups at 100 yards I get 1.3" groups with the red dot, and 62 grain Wolf ammo, and .9" with 55 grn Rem yellow box FMJ. I have to let the barrel cool between groups. I have less than 2000 rounds through it so will try and report results at 5000 rounds and see how it holds out.

Rew

Link Posted: 7/21/2001 1:48:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Ive got a Bushy "Shorty Ak", which is actually a 14.5" barrel with an AK 74 style muzzle break which makes it 16".....So far I have only tried PMC 55gr fmj, Winchester 55gr fmj, Remington 55gr fmj and soft point, and UMC 55gr fmj.... Best results for me have been with the PMC, (although I do want to try some 62gr stuff sometime to see how it works.) My rifle seems to do just fine at 100 yrds, shooting through A1 rear sights I can shoot 2.5" without too much effort. If you Zero it at 25yds it may shoot a little high at 100yds though,....Im thinking about zeroing mine at 50yds to see what happens..........Im sure you will be happy with your new rifle
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top