Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/22/2012 10:57:51 AM EDT
http://www.foxnews.com/tech/slideshow/2012/10/03/12-best-gadgets-didnt-buy/?intcmp=related#slide=1

i had the jornada when i was in pharmaceutical sales in 2001 - it was awesome for making calls/notes and doctors to sign for samples.

Link Posted: 11/22/2012 11:37:23 AM EDT
[#1]
Needs more Apple stuff.  Like the Lisa and Pippen.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 11:53:09 AM EDT
[#2]
My brother still has his Sega Dreamcast.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 1:00:18 PM EDT
[#3]
I'd put 3DO on the list.

I agree about BeOS and BeBox.  I still have my copy of BeOS around here, I should install it on one of these old computers I have around here and play with it again.

Link Posted: 11/22/2012 1:13:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I'd put 3DO on the list.

I agree about BeOS and BeBox.  I still have my copy of BeOS around here, I should install it on one of these old computers I have around here and play with it again.

Check out Haiku.  Everything doesn't quite work as it's not even close to having a stable release, but imagine an open sourced and modernized BeOS lead by some members of the original BeOS team.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 1:16:06 PM EDT
[#5]
I had a Newton MessagePad.  That thing was really cool and ahead of its time.  I was always amazed that it could understand my handwriting.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 1:20:46 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

I'd put 3DO on the list.

I owned one of those many years ago.

Link Posted: 11/22/2012 1:22:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I had a Newton MessagePad.  That thing was really cool and ahead of its time.  I was always amazed that it could understand my handwriting.

Mine never learned my handwriting, despite trying to teach the damn thing everyday for 2+ hours. It ended up in my drawer since the only thing it was actually good for my alphanumeric pager did too. (Receive news blurbs & economic reports.)

Link Posted: 11/22/2012 1:23:10 PM EDT
[#8]
Hunters Asset.

Two thin closed-cell foam pads wrapped in thick/tough waterproof nylon camo sorta like Gortex with a sewn "hinge" down the middle between the pads so it folds.

When folded it fits perfectly in a small day pack. It was only sold for about a year in the early 90s as far as I know. I've countless hours setting on it and is one piece of "comfort gear" I never go hunting/hiking without.

It was a widget that worked because it was not bulky and it's quiet but for the time it was right pricey at $12.00. I bought one for myself and one for Dad. When Dad passed I was distressed that I could not find it.

Link Posted: 11/22/2012 2:15:46 PM EDT
[#9]
I have a DreamCast.  I don't play it much but it still works very well.  
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 2:37:48 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 2:50:09 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 2:55:10 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
BeOS was a really great OS. It did something that Linux still hasn't done, it ran well, and didn't require copious amounts of tinkering to get your PC set up and every little thing working.

I also like WebOS, and if it was still around and offered on decent hardware I would still be using it.

Apple Newton? I had one, and it wasn't uderrated, it was a flaming POS. I paid a lot for it, and really wanted to like it, but eventually took it back and got a Palm Pilot, the Palm Pilot was the clear winner.

The only reason I don't run linux on a regular basis, other than as the OS for a CNC controller box, is the specific applications what won't run on linux no matter what.

Haiku sounds great... except for the same problem.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 2:56:57 PM EDT
[#13]
I still have a dream cast and once evey two years or so I will fire up "Resident Evil Code: Veronica"
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 3:07:26 PM EDT
[#14]
BEOS was really a great OS that never got a chance...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4A0Lc6DI7A

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top