Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/2/2001 6:12:36 AM EDT
From AP News Wire...

A 12 year old girl in Clarkdale, Miss who shot and killed her mother's attacker will not be charged, police said Tuesday.  The girl was asleep in her room when Anthony Fox chased her mother into their apartment, forcing his way through the door, Detective Danny Hill said.  "She heard the commotion and she knew from past experience what was going on,"  Hill said.  The girl saw Fox choking her mother, grabbed her mother's pistol and fired a single shot into his chest.  The county coroner said Fox, 25, died of a single gunshot wound to the chest Saturday at an area hospital.  Fox had been arrested for domestic violence against the girl's mother, his on and off girlfriend, at least twice.  A youth court judge ruled the shooting self-defense.

You go girl

Rocketman
Link Posted: 5/2/2001 6:15:15 AM EDT
[#1]
Give that girl a medal and a hug!
Link Posted: 5/2/2001 6:31:52 AM EDT
[#2]
WooHoo!  Good for her.  I wonder if we can find out her name & address to send her some flowers, cards, gifts, etc.  I am sure she and her mom are traumatized by the killing.  One less scumbag, and one hero!
Link Posted: 5/2/2001 6:33:16 AM EDT
[#3]
"Another senseless tragedy involving children and guns."

I DONT THINK SO!

One shot, one kill.  Talk about proper bullet placement.

Her mom should be very proud.
Link Posted: 5/2/2001 6:35:54 AM EDT
[#4]
I bet this one never makes it to the network news.  If she had accidently (or intentionally for that matter) shot her brother or mother, you bet your ass we'd have heard about it.

Any takers?
Link Posted: 5/2/2001 6:41:58 AM EDT
[#5]
Good Girl!
Link Posted: 5/2/2001 7:21:28 AM EDT
[#6]
I don't want to think what kind of life that kid will have. She has seen her mom in a very abusive relationship. She has taken a human life. I think her troubles may be just beginning.

It is tragic. Having said that I think what Chuck Taylor said on '60 minutes' fits "some people just need to be shot"
Link Posted: 5/2/2001 7:26:54 AM EDT
[#7]
[b]One shot, one kill. Talk about proper bullet placement.[/b]

that was one hell of a shot from a 12 year old.
i shure hope she don't let the kill get to her.

Link Posted: 5/2/2001 7:51:55 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 5/2/2001 7:56:23 AM EDT
[#9]
BRAVO!!! BRAVO!!!

One less shitbag on the streets! [:D] What great news to start the day off with!!!
Link Posted: 5/2/2001 7:57:53 AM EDT
[#10]
[size=4]We should send Fox News a bunch of emails asking them to cover this!!!!!![/size=4]
Link Posted: 5/2/2001 7:59:34 AM EDT
[#11]
She loved her momma enought to do what had to be done. Score one for the good youth of this land.
Link Posted: 5/2/2001 8:04:48 AM EDT
[#12]
imagine if the pistol had a trigger lock installed to protect the child from an accident.  Kinda funny when the table is turned...

This is why you don't hide guns from children, you educate them.  Textbook case...I love it!
Link Posted: 5/2/2001 8:12:47 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
imagine if the pistol had a trigger lock installed to protect the child from an accident.  Kinda funny when the table is turned...

This is why you don't hide guns from children, you educate them.  Textbook case...I love it!
View Quote

Man, I didn't even think about that!  GOOD POINT! [beer]
Link Posted: 5/2/2001 8:22:29 AM EDT
[#14]
No, she would have been much better off if they did not have a gun.  The man would still be alive and she and her mother could hide in their own homes and tend to their wounds.  Absolutely the world would be a better place without guns.
Link Posted: 5/2/2001 8:52:23 AM EDT
[#15]
Lets look at it from a different angle...
Lets hope she is NOW not suspended or expelled from school, or placed in "special" classes with "special" teachers...

BISHOP
Link Posted: 5/2/2001 9:33:39 AM EDT
[#16]
Someone should start an AR-15.com scholarship for that kid.  How would that be done? Say $20.00 donation a piece? That would add up pretty fast. I'd be in.

Link Posted: 5/2/2001 9:38:05 AM EDT
[#17]
seems to me this girl knows something about correct response. as a result i think she will handle the adults in her life just fine. but i too would like to see this one on the news.
Link Posted: 5/2/2001 9:40:39 AM EDT
[#18]
Yea!
Link Posted: 5/2/2001 10:05:37 AM EDT
[#19]
My hats off to the young lady!
Link Posted: 5/2/2001 10:23:15 AM EDT
[#20]
Is there a URL for this story?
Link Posted: 5/2/2001 10:59:47 AM EDT
[#21]
http://web.sunherald.com/content/biloxi/2001/05/02/local_news/4029024_05022001.htm
Link Posted: 5/2/2001 12:34:12 PM EDT
[#22]
just emailed foxnews and hopefully this story will get national coverage.  and i am in for the scholorship thing too.
Link Posted: 5/2/2001 4:38:14 PM EDT
[#23]
survivalist, give us the link to the foxnews site. im for the scholarship. abso-f'n-lutely!
something should be done for that little girl. a de-brief, perhaps counselling-telling her that what she did was RIGHT AS HELL!  doing this helps our cause as well.

keep this post on page 1 people!
Link Posted: 5/2/2001 5:04:35 PM EDT
[#24]
hugs, medals, scholarships, new poster child for the anti-trigger-lock campaign, last week when the topic was a 24 year old guy shooting a burglar, responses were more like "we'll wait and see that it's not a drug deal gone bad" or "sure he didn't know the guys" or "wait till it gets out of court" if that came in on the ap wire fox has heard about it already they may be playing it safe too, it'd be even easier for a mom to plot, lure the victim and carry out a murder that way than a 24 year old guy shooting allleged burglars. but nobody even mentions that? His arrests for domestic violence sway me the same way, but that doesn't mean it couldn't have been a murder.
Link Posted: 5/3/2001 3:53:50 PM EDT
[#25]
BTT
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top