Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/25/2002 8:43:50 PM EDT
So, where do you get this stuff?  Can you make it at home?  I want to get some to shoot at for a test. [:)]
Link Posted: 7/25/2002 9:39:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Very hard to handle.It has to be kept at a narrow tempature band for it to work right.Do a searh on Google and you'll come up with a few places.Just use the word disributer or a varience of it.
Link Posted: 7/25/2002 10:20:56 PM EDT
[#2]
I'd really like to get a single block of the real stuff to compare with, say, Knox gelatin from the supermarket.  I've heard they are similar but the ballistic stuff is clearer.  Perhaps an even better test would be vs. different flavors of Jell-O.  Hmm.....
Link Posted: 7/25/2002 10:43:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Check with Brouhaha.

He, Troy & Tatjana are THE experts when it comes to ballistics and testing methodology !

[url]http://www.Ammo-Oracle.com[/url]

Link Posted: 7/25/2002 11:00:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Anyone out there ever actually Bought some of this stuff?  The only price I've seen was $275 for a 25# can of the gelatin....that makes about 10 molds.  Kind of expensive for goofing off.  Anyone know where to get it cheaper?  Thanks!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top