Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/11/2001 10:15:01 AM EDT
I hope these reporters are wrong about the numbers.

My condolences and prayers to all the families.
I am sick to my stomach thinking about the senslesness of all this.
May God and my gun watch over us all.
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 10:18:43 AM EDT
[#1]
They are wrong all right.  They are much, much too low.
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 10:21:04 AM EDT
[#2]
I think the Estimate of 30 000 or more would make more sence.
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 10:32:05 AM EDT
[#3]
50,000 people work in the WTC.  0900 on a Tuesday morning it would be packed.  Who knows how many people escaped from the lower floors of the first and all of the second building before the second impact.  Then the collaps of both with hundreds of police and rescue workers on the ground.  I would say 10,000 is going to be close but most likely a bit conservative.
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 10:33:41 AM EDT
[#4]
Both planes hit during peak work hours, which was no doubt the plan.  I've heard that 40-50,000 people work in the towers.  It was only 18-20 minutes after the first plane hit before the second one hit the other tower.  Perhaps the only luck in this whole thing is that the first plane hit the tower kind of high, trapping fewer people above the point of impact.

But make no mistake.  There's no way to substantially evacuate either tower in time.

They're gone, and will probably never be re-built.  Who would want to work in such a obvious target again?
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 10:48:01 AM EDT
[#5]
I did hear a cell phone conversation on one of the networks from a woman who was working in one of the towers at the time of the attack. She stated she worked on the 90-93 floor, can't remember. She and all her co-workers managed to evacuate safely.
It sounded as if she thought the towers were almost completely evacuated.
Hope so.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top