Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/24/2017 6:53:29 PM EDT
For the past couple of weeks I've been reading about 10M air pistol competition shooting.  I ordered a cheap Air Venturi V10 to try my hand at it to see if I'd like it.

After a couple of days of shooting it, I think I am hooked!  10 meters doesn't sound like much, but when the 10 ring is under 12mm across (less than 1/2"), it is very challenging.

Anyway, after shooting the cheap pistol for a couple of days, I decided to do what I always do, jump in with both feet.

The Olympic Training Center, the 3rd largest shooting facility on the planet, is located just down the road in Colorado Springs.  I'm going to join a local club and shoot down at the OTC as much as possible.

Oh, and I am picking one of these up on Friday!

Its a Pardini K12 10M Olympic Air Pistol.  That cylinder on the bottom holds 3,500 PSI of air pressure.
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 7:11:22 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't have the patience nor the coin for that kind of hobby, I'll just stick to guns
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 7:17:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Talk about diving in deep--nice Pardini!
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 7:19:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Once you start shooting in competitions, post impressions, results, etc. in our Airgun Forum: Here.
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 7:23:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Neat... But where you getting 3500 PSI air from?
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 7:23:59 PM EDT
[#5]
That target is really tiny; nice looking pistol too.
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 7:26:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
Scuba shop, shoebox compressor, welding supply.

While it may have a 3.5 rating, it likely works just fine off a 2.8k fill.

Iirc there's 4500psi scuba tanks which are the best for refills and portability.

ETA: for how much a tank fill costs, and how many fills on the gun (huge tank filling tiny tank), you don't lose much pressure going from a full size welding tank to the little airgun, or from the HPA in a scuba.

OP, can you run CO2 in that? Since you'll probly shoot indoors and of course slow fire.
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 7:26:42 PM EDT
[#7]
That's pretty nice.

I bet If a liberal were to see that pic they would think it's a suppressor.
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 7:32:39 PM EDT
[#8]
I've got an Izzie that will stack pellets in the X.
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 7:45:11 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I don't have the patience nor the coin for that kind of hobby, I'll just stick to guns
View Quote
I have a lot of patience, I'll have to cut down on my coffee intake though.

I am buying the pistol used but in excellent condition, so I am getting it at a very good price.
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 7:47:55 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Talk about diving in deep--nice Pardini!
View Quote
That's how I am with everything.  I'm probably slightly obsessive compulsive.  I come by it rightly though, my entire family acts the same way.  

I tend to not do anything half-way, it is either all or nothing.
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 7:49:04 PM EDT
[#11]
I'll do that.

I didn't know ARFCom had an air pistol forum, I looked but couldn't find it earlier.
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 7:49:31 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I have a lot of patience, I'll have to cut down on my coffee intake though.

I am buying the pistol used but in excellent condition, so I am getting it at a very good price.
View Quote
It's actually kind of relaxing. It takes so much concentration that you can definitely leave all your problems behind you.
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 7:50:15 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote
I have SCUBA tanks, as well as welding cylinders.  You can also use high pressure hand pumps.
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 7:54:29 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
That target is really tiny; nice looking pistol too.
View Quote
That is what makes it so challenging.  The targets are TINY.  A competition is 60 shots, there are 10 separate rings, so the highest score you can get is a 600.  Many of the better shooters are in the 550 range, the best being in the 575-590 range.  

It is unbelievable how good the top shooters are.  My best 5 shot string (5 shots per target) is a 46/50 so far.
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 7:56:06 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Scuba shop, shoebox compressor, welding supply.

While it may have a 3.5 rating, it likely works just fine off a 2.8k fill.

Iirc there's 4500psi scuba tanks which are the best for refills and portability.

ETA: for how much a tank fill costs, and how many fills on the gun (huge tank filling tiny tank), you don't lose much pressure going from a full size welding tank to the little airgun, or from the HPA in a scuba.

OP, can you run CO2 in that? Since you'll probly shoot indoors and of course slow fire.
View Quote
No, only compressed air.  I already have two SCUBA tanks, so I'll probably use those mostly.  I'm going to pick up a hand pump for portable filling though.
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 7:57:36 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I've got an Izzie that will stack pellets in the X.
View Quote
I looked for one of those before buying my Gamo Compact clone, but they are no longer imported.

Obama put an executive order out banning importation of them.
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 8:07:21 PM EDT
[#17]
My favorite kind of shooting.  Someday when the kids are are out of college I'll be looking at a Morini or Steyr:

Link Posted: 9/24/2017 8:16:21 PM EDT
[#18]
I envy you...that is a fabulous pistol!!! I have a laser accurate model 41 SW from the 60's that has been breathed on but I have always wanted
a 10 meter air pistol...epic score and enjoy!

I should add that part of the delight of owning and operating such instruments is the assurance that missing is entirely your fault...no searching
for what is wrong, ammo etc. It is 100% you. That pistol will humble you and instruct in ways no lesser one can.

Enjoy that deeply...in my experience few do.
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 8:48:37 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I envy you...that is a fabulous pistol!!! I have a laser accurate model 41 SW from the 60's that has been breathed on but I have always wanted  a 10 meter air pistol...epic score and enjoy!

I should add that part of the delight of owning and operating such instruments is the assurance that missing is entirely your fault...no searching
for what is wrong, ammo etc. It is 100% you. That pistol will humble you and instruct in ways no lesser one can.

Enjoy that deeply...in my experience few do.
View Quote
I'm definitely going to enjoy it.  This will be the most expensive gun I've ever bought, even though it is used.

I've bought a couple VERY accurate rifles over the years, but nothing with the precision and quality of the Pardini K12.  When you see the groups these Olympic pistols are capable of, its almost to hard to believe.  20 shot groups can make a single hole measuring .20".  The pellet measures .177", so that is amazingly accurate.
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 9:11:04 PM EDT
[#20]
How fast can you shoot bill drill with one those?
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 9:20:42 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
How fast can you shoot bill drill with one those?
View Quote
Not very fast, but once you do well at 10m air pistol hitting a silhouette at 100 yards is relatively easy.
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 10:01:14 PM EDT
[#22]
One more thing for those wondering about filling the thing, is that you will probably get over 200 shots on a  full fill.  A scuba tank will go a long way before it needs to be filled at the dive shop, though it won't fill the pistol to max capacity.
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 10:12:31 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
My favorite kind of shooting.  Someday when the kids are are out of college I'll be looking at a Morini or Steyr:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v723/green_c/GUNS/20160421_125102_zpsurs5oo3d.jpg
View Quote
That is some good shooting!  Especially the full size target.  Do you compete?
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 10:17:12 PM EDT
[#24]
Go big or go home .

Looks like you went big .

nice looking piece .

I'll just have to stick with the cheap stuff .

Enjoy .

gd
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 10:26:12 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v723/green_c/GUNS/20160421_125102_zpsurs5oo3d.jpg
No. I can't find anything local and I'm not sure I'd have the time if I did.  I shoot in my basement so I shoot a lot.  I did fare pretty well in the ARFCOM 25 MOA pistol challenge though.  When I'm shooting my best I'll score in the 540s. The US qualifier at the last Olympics was shooting in the 560s IIRC.  That 20 point difference represents another world of skill.
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 8:59:13 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

No. I can't find anything local and I'm not sure I'd have the time if I did.  I shoot in my basement so I shoot a lot.  I did fare pretty well in the ARFCOM 25 MOA pistol challenge though.  When I'm shooting my best I'll score in the 540s. The US qualifier at the last Olympics was shooting in the 560s IIRC.  That 20 point difference represents another world of skill.
View Quote
I've found a very good forum for Olympic style shooting.  http://targettalk.org

I couldn't afford a new PCP Olympic pistol, so I just posted in the for sale section a WTB add.  In a couple minutes I had some good offers and picked the one I wanted.

I got this pistol with only 2500 rounds through it and only 2 years old for almost half the price of a new one.

So, there is probably no need for you to wait until your kids graduate, there are some good deals out there!
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 9:23:32 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

I couldn't afford a new PCP Olympic pistol, so I just posted in the for sale section a WTB add.  In a couple minutes I had some good offers and picked the one I wanted.

I got this pistol with only 2500 rounds through it and only 2 years old for almost half the price of a new one.ook

So, there is probably no need for you to wait until your kids graduate, there are some good deals out there!
View Quote
Don't overlook CO2. Sure gas is out of favor in match circles but that's mainly due to travel issues, not performance. I have a Feinwerkbau Co2 match pistol that I picked up on an airgun forum for less than $500. I fill it from a 15-pound fire extinguisher that I bought for $50. I will never shoot well enough to feel handicapped by this pistol. It's totally recoilless and has a great dry fire trigger feature.

Link Posted: 9/25/2017 9:49:38 AM EDT
[#28]
Yeah, there are some good CO2 pistols for sale on that forum that I talked about, for under $500.00.

I was only going to spend $500.00, but then I got the offer on the Pardini K12 that I couldn't pass up.
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 9:55:46 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Yeah, there are some good CO2 pistols for sale on that forum that I talked about, for under $500.00.

I was only going to spend $500.00, but then I got the offer on the Pardini K12 that I couldn't pass up.
View Quote
Right. My CO2 recommendation was really directed at anyone who would like to try a 10 meter pistol on a budget. With your rig there's no reason to look at anything else.
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 9:57:40 AM EDT
[#30]
Awesome!

I remember back in HS when I was on a air rifle team.

They tried so hard to get the funds to purchase a air pistol for me, but it never happened
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 10:01:51 AM EDT
[#31]
Sweet. love the 10m stuff!
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 4:55:32 PM EDT
[#32]
I still have my 717 Daisy. 
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 4:56:18 PM EDT
[#33]
Very nice.
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 9:57:52 PM EDT
[#34]
Ordered the Scuba adapter today so I can fill the small tanks with my scuba tank.

Also shot my cheaper 10m pistol today.  I got a score of 48/50 on two targets.  Think I'm starting to get the hang of it.  The plastic trigger on the cheap pistol doesn't make it easy though.
Link Posted: 9/29/2017 10:04:43 AM EDT
[#35]
Well today's the day! I pick the Pardini K12 up at 7pm.

A question for you guys who shoot PCP guns. How are you filling your PCP tanks? I was going to use my scuba tanks, but they are both out of date. I'm seriously considering a small carbon tank, but I don't know if that would be more trouble than its worth. I don't know how hard it would be to find a dive shop that can pump up to 4500 psi, especially here 1000 miles away from any ocean.

Are there any cheap hand pumps out there with a DIN connector? I know of the Hill pump, but that is pretty expensive.
Link Posted: 9/29/2017 10:11:26 AM EDT
[#36]
For filling your tanks, I'd talk to a local paintball store/field.  Usually they can do HPA fills up to 4.5k.

Rev_Jason
Link Posted: 9/29/2017 10:18:25 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Well today's the day! I pick the Pardini K12 up at 7pm.

A question for you guys who shoot PCP guns. How are you filling your PCP tanks? I was going to use my scuba tanks, but they are both out of date. I'm seriously considering a small carbon tank, but I don't know if that would be more trouble than its worth. I don't know how hard it would be to find a dive shop that can pump up to 4500 psi, especially here 1000 miles away from any ocean.

Are there any cheap hand pumps out there with a DIN connector? I know of the Hill pump, but that is pretty expensive.
View Quote
Look up cracking of the coating on the Benjamin carbon tanks.  It's reported to be cosmetic but some shops will not fill it once it's showing cracks.
I can't blame them for that.  It's kind of scary looking at all the cracks knowing the pressure in the tank.

edit: I had mine filled at a paintball shop but needed to get an adaptor to work with their tanks.
Link Posted: 9/30/2017 11:14:13 AM EDT
[#38]
I fill my PCPs with a SCUBA tank.  The dive shop nearby cannot fill to much above 3000 psi.  To fill to 4500 psi requires a trip of about 150 miles one-way.  The welding supply houses here no longer will fill personal SCBA bottles.  Even when they did, it was a ship-it-out and get it back in a few days ordeal.

The nice thing about the local dive shop is that, if you buy the tank from them, you get free lifetime fills and visual inspections.  You still have to pay and have the tank sent out for the five year hydro, however.  But, they also will loan you a tank while yours is out.

The only drawback to the SCUBA tank is that I have to tune my rifles to a lower fill pressure, which does limit my velocity and my shot count a bit.

The other option for getting higher pressure fills is to finish off with a hand pump, or get a compressor.  On a small reservoir like that pistol has, I'd be inclined to top off with the hand pump, or even just fill with the pump.  Those pistols get an extraordinary number of shots per fill, so your pumping time is not bad.
Link Posted: 9/30/2017 3:05:45 PM EDT
[#39]
i picked up the pistol last night.

We agreed on $1000.00. It is only 2 years old (its the current Pardini K12) and is in new condition! Pardini USA is selling a used one right now for $1400.00 and new ones are $1750.00.

I'm going to have to trade in the grip for a large as it is a little too tight for me. Otherwise it is perfect.

The trigger is excellent and completely adjustable. i have been putting pellets in the same hole at 33 ft one hand shooting stance.

I'll put up some photos tonight
Link Posted: 9/30/2017 6:25:00 PM EDT
[#40]
This is an awesome pistol, but the medium grip is much too small, I'll have to order a large.

After sighting it in and shooting a few targets, I decided to try out my first 60 shot session.  I am using Kruger targets and an app on my phone to scan the targets and score my round.

I scored a 510, or a 540.5 if using the decimal scoring.  

I have a lot of work ahead of me, and I need to get a grip that fits, but it is going to be a lot of fun!

Here is the scorecard that the scoring app makes, even though it says session 3, it was my first time shooting a 60 shot session, the app was a little hard to figure out.

1st Set with Pardini K12 by Andrew Marjama, on Flickr
Link Posted: 9/30/2017 6:26:12 PM EDT
[#41]
Thought about getting an airgun pistol to whack noisy magpies infesting my hood.
Link Posted: 9/30/2017 6:26:51 PM EDT
[#42]
awesome oiece I prefer 25M rapid fire myself but alas my OSP is no longer legal.
Link Posted: 9/30/2017 6:33:26 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote
I have one of those. 

I haven't used it in years. 

I do plan on making a trap and using it the basement at my new place though. 
Link Posted: 9/30/2017 7:16:34 PM EDT
[#44]
You'll shoot your eye out, kid......
Link Posted: 10/1/2017 12:54:32 PM EDT
[#45]
I finished a second set today.

Scored a 521, 11 better than yesterday.

Now if I can just get rid of flyers/flinching.  I also noticed my groups were much tighter if I changed my grip a certain way.  Still somewhat painful to shoot with a much to small grip, so hopefully my score will improve once the large grip arrives.

Here's the scorecard from the scoring app from this mornings session.

2st Set with Pardini K12 by Andrew Marjama, on Flickr
Link Posted: 10/3/2017 6:53:59 PM EDT
[#46]
Well I shot my 3rd Session of 60 today. Raised another 11 points from the last set for a score of 532.

I adjusted my trigger slightly so it sets more natural.  I am getting less pulled shots now.  I shoot 10 shots per target.  The first 5 shots are usually nice an centered, but the next 5 always open up a little for some reason, maybe I am rushing things.

How long does a set actually take you to shoot normally?  I am shooting these in around 45 minutes for 60 shots.  I might have to try to slow down a little.

My large grip should be here Wednesday or Thursday so that should help as well.

Here is the scorecard from today's session.

3st Set with Pardini K12 by Andrew Marjama, on Flickr
Link Posted: 10/3/2017 7:04:28 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
I still have my 717 Daisy. 
View Quote
I have a 717, and a 747.  One thing is for sure, they are humbling.
Link Posted: 10/3/2017 9:39:51 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Well I shot my 3rd Session of 60 today. Raised another 11 points from the last set for a score of 532.

I adjusted my trigger slightly so it sets more natural.  I am getting less pulled shots now.  I shoot 10 shots per target.  The first 5 shots are usually nice an centered, but the next 5 always open up a little for some reason, maybe I am rushing things.

How long does a set actually take you to shoot normally?  I am shooting these in around 45 minutes for 60 shots.  I might have to try to slow down a little.

My large grip should be here Wednesday or Thursday so that should help as well.

Here is the scorecard from today's session.

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4489/23630210708_1043f3211a_o.jpg3st Set with Pardini K12 by Andrew Marjama, on Flickr
View Quote
I finally made the connection between this thread and your thread on Target Talk.

I find I take about one minute per shot including the target changes in the time.  I find the longer I shoot the more fatigued I get both mentally and physically and the bigger the groups get.  I bet with more practice the last five shots will start looking like the first five.
Link Posted: 10/3/2017 10:43:34 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

I finally made the connection between this thread and your thread on Target Talk.

I find I take about one minute per shot including the target changes in the time.  I find the longer I shoot the more fatigued I get both mentally and physically and the bigger the groups get.  I bet with more practice the last five shots will start looking like the first five.
View Quote
Yeah, I found Target Talk while researching Olympic shooting.  I bought my K12 from a forum member there.

I do need to slow down shooting.  I'm so used to shooting fast, its hard to take my time at it.  I've watched a lot of YouTube videos of 10m pistol shooting and see how long the competitors take for each shot.  I shoot about 3 shots per minutes while I would be taking closer to a minute plus per shot.
Link Posted: 10/4/2017 8:54:48 PM EDT
[#50]
I fit in a half session today before it got too windy.  Shot my first 95!  

I slowed down for this session, taking about a shot per minute instead of the normal 3 per minute.  This session was feeling pretty good, too bad I couldn't finish a whole 60.  

I scored a 276/300.

4th Set with Pardini K12 by Andrew Marjama, on Flickr

And a quick shot of my new pistol and the 95/100 target.

Pardini K12 by Andrew Marjama, on Flickr
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top