Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/29/2001 5:15:52 AM EDT
i have narrowed my search to these two. i am looking at 24" v-match or the same from dpms. how would a 16" barrel from dpms compare to the 24" bushy. they are about the same price. i will be using this for target shooting and mostly prairie dog hunting. is the extra maony for a ss barrel from dpms worth the money over a bushmaster. given what i want to use the rifle for, am i on the right track.
Link Posted: 3/29/2001 5:33:15 AM EDT
[#1]
Got a DPMS with stainless barrel, heavy upper receiver, and DPMS lower-looks real nice, have not shot yet though [:(]
Link Posted: 3/29/2001 5:36:07 AM EDT
[#2]
if i do go eith the dpms, is it worth the extra money to get the longer barrel. will a 16" do everything a 24" barrel.
Link Posted: 3/29/2001 5:50:28 AM EDT
[#3]
Go to the DPMS website or here in industry forums- post a question for DPMS.  Usually Jared -a sales dude from DPMS will answer all of your questions. That is what I liked about DPMS-they helped me out. From what I heard, their Sweet 16 or one of their other 16" rifles, are very accurate-even for prairie dog popping.  Truthfully, I think my 20" SST bull barrel is a little heavy.  Of coures I am used to luging a standard AR around.  
Link Posted: 3/29/2001 6:29:07 AM EDT
[#4]
The 24" bbl will be better suited to Varmint use. You will see more velocity & accuracy out at 2-300yds. 16" is really too short for this game..
Scott
Link Posted: 3/29/2001 6:43:23 AM EDT
[#5]
eagle-if you opt for the DPMS heavy barrel be prepared for a four to five week wait!  Ordered mine 3-2-2001 still hearing two weeks yet for completion.  Ben
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top