Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/9/2003 9:21:51 PM EDT
I'm talking about night sweats.. What did you think I was talking about?

Anyone experience these? I hear it's a hormonal problem or the guy is going through "male menopause"

What have you heard?
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 9:24:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Night sweats are usually the result of a fever.  Allergies can bring them on too.  So can drugs that don't agree with your body.

I used to be able to take OTC cough medicines with dextromethorphan.  Since I was about 40 the stuff makes me hallucinate that an army of midgets is trying to tunnel under my house and kill me.
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 9:29:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Night sweats are usually the result of a fever.  Allergies can bring them on too.  So can drugs that don't agree with your body.

I used to be able to take OTC cough medicines with dextromethorphan.  Since I was about 40 the stuff makes me hallucinate that an army of midgets is trying to tunnel under my house and kill me.
View Quote

That's NOT a hallucination! They just haven't broke through yet!

Be afraid. Be VERY afraid.
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 9:50:27 PM EDT
[#3]
[LOLabove]

All of the above, plus you do suffer from hormonal changes including a reduction in your metabolic rate.  As to the other problem that you seem too hard to be denying (methinks he dost protest too much) that is just a serious case of not enough of the real thing.

In my case, the sweating at night happens only when the wife is keeping me [s] up [/s] awake.
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 10:22:13 PM EDT
[#4]
AZ_Redneck

Not to scare you senseless, but one of the signs of my cancer (non-hodgkins lymphoma) is becoming active, is night sweats.

There are of course lots of reason's for nightsweats, but if it persist's I would definetly go to the Doctor.
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 10:29:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Take some of your wife's estrogen pills.
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 1:20:12 AM EDT
[#6]
Night sweats possibility: Post Traumatic Stress Dissorder.

Link Posted: 5/10/2003 1:27:22 AM EDT
[#7]
Too much masturbation also causes night sweats.  Or so I have been told.
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 1:29:30 AM EDT
[#8]
Maybe you did something pretty dam horrible and your mind has blocked it out but when you sleep you cant stop thinking about it?

Have a wife that has vanished or a dog?

I get this weird thing where I feel like I am falling and will jump out of bed onto the floor.
It's pretty freaky because I have scared the poo out of some people doing it.

I will just be sleeping and will wake up right when I am flinging myself up and wont be able to stop or move my arms tell I fall back into bed or hit the ground.

I am really not sure what this is about I do it more often when I sleep out of my own bed.
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 3:10:41 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

TELL ME ABOUT IT...AND NOT SO PLEASENT DREAMS...
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 3:26:24 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

TELL ME ABOUT IT...AND NOT SO PLEASENT DREAMS...
View Quote

....check.
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 3:59:06 AM EDT
[#11]
Nah, I get them too.  It's not a fever.  Not drugs.  Could be allergies, but I've never had them before
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 4:24:47 AM EDT
[#12]
Turn up the AC.
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 4:24:52 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 10:02:29 PM EDT
[#14]
I had night sweats once.  My doctor said it was either stress or lymphoma.  Since I was going through a divorce at the time he figured it was stress.  Anyway, after I got over that piece of shit old whore leaving me the night sweats disappeared.
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 10:09:55 PM EDT
[#15]
Mononucleosis

or

Tuberculosis

or

A.I.D.S./H.I.V.

or

About three jillion other possibilities.

Go see a doctor if it doesn't clear up soon.
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 10:15:03 PM EDT
[#16]
Top Top