Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/3/2001 6:07:56 AM EDT
[#1]
Starsip Troopers
LMAO

Seriously, The Boys in Company "C"
All the others have already been mentioned.
Link Posted: 3/3/2001 11:54:27 AM EDT
[#2]
Has noone mentioned PAYBACK w/Mel Gibson???
Arsenal of a small country used in this one!
Link Posted: 3/3/2001 12:02:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Sniper
Link Posted: 3/3/2001 1:10:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Remember the movie Thief with James Cann, great 1911 work when he was clearing the house at the end of the movie. Red Dawn was cool, The HIND A helicopters looked absolutly real, Im military intelligence and compared them to photos or the real thing. The sniper scene in Full Metal Jacket was pretty good, chick with a Czech model 58. The ambush in Forest Gump was really neat.

Melvin
Link Posted: 3/3/2001 1:18:26 PM EDT
[#5]
NO ONE MENTIONED "THE SAVIOR"???????

Starring Dennis Quaid and Natassia Kinski or however you spell her name. The scene in the Mosque is a "classic." Go rent it, go rent it now!
Link Posted: 3/3/2001 1:28:56 PM EDT
[#6]
The Wind and the Lion. Milius wrote and directed. The Marine charge on the palace is awsome. Teddy Roosevelt raising hell at Winchester over the length of pull of his rifle! It goes on and on. Just a great yarn, great acting, wonderful action.
Link Posted: 3/3/2001 2:48:54 PM EDT
[#7]
Don't forget THE ROCK
Link Posted: 3/3/2001 3:15:35 PM EDT
[#8]
One that hasn't been mentioned but is kinda funny:

Johnny Dangerously - Joe Piscapo's caracter: "It's an .88 Magnum.....it shoots through schools"

Link Posted: 3/3/2001 4:04:43 PM EDT
[#9]
I can't believe no one has mentioned "Quigley Down Under."  A must for every gun lovers video library.

kenzo
Link Posted: 3/3/2001 4:34:04 PM EDT
[#10]
After going to the cinema on Friday, I must say
"Proof of Life" with Russel Crow and Meg Ryan.
Bloody hell, the action at the end as so awesome. There were so many M4s around, I didn't know where to look. I'm gonna see it again next week, only I'm gonna be 70 minutes late, just so that I can catch the ending.

_
Team work is essential, gives the enemy more targets to shoot at.
_
Link Posted: 3/4/2001 7:44:23 AM EDT
[#11]
Full Metal Jacket
Platoon
T1 and T2
Guns of Navarone
Force 10 from Navarone
Dirty Dozen

I think "Enemy at the Gates" has [b]real[/b] potential. Can't wait to see it! [:D] Milldude
Link Posted: 3/4/2001 8:09:03 AM EDT
[#12]
Anything By Sam Peckinpah!!
[sniper]
[uzi]
[pistol]
Link Posted: 3/4/2001 8:35:33 AM EDT
[#13]
Rules of Engagement with Tommy Lee Jones and Samual L. Jackson.  They managed to have very authentic looking weapons and gear for both the Viet Nam sequences and the modern day African sequences.

Watched The Jackal with Bruce Willis last night at a friends house.  Love that 14.5mm!
Link Posted: 3/4/2001 8:49:57 AM EDT
[#14]
Lets not forget:

Army of Darkness (very cheesy, but who knew a 30/30 lever action could hold so many rounds??)

Replacement Killers (high body count--as it should be)

Untouchables

The Big Hit (first twenty minutes rock, the rest of the movie sucks)

Pulp Fiction (fairly decent especially when they accidentally splatter the guys brains all over the back of the car

there's more, but i cant think of them right now
Link Posted: 3/4/2001 9:18:11 AM EDT
[#15]
Apocolypse Now

Deer hunter

Remember the Friday eve. show Tour of Duty? I wish I could find it on cable. Anybody know if it is on anywhere? [heavy]
Link Posted: 3/28/2001 11:56:55 PM EDT
[#16]
SCARFACE,HEAT
Link Posted: 3/29/2001 12:19:25 AM EDT
[#17]
Full Metal Jacket
Reservoir Dogs
Pulp Fiction
Heat
Saving Pvt. Ryan
[uzi]

I for got the best one... The Deer Hunter  [x]
Link Posted: 3/29/2001 3:18:09 AM EDT
[#18]
"Whole Nine Yards"
Two great scenes, 1)cleaning guns on the kitchen table
2)Amanda Peete nude.

"Seals"
"This Is God"
[sniper]
Link Posted: 3/29/2001 10:41:02 AM EDT
[#19]
[uzi] oh yeah deer hunter is awsome MOA smack MOA
oh and Enemy at the gates [frag]

Link Posted: 3/29/2001 1:21:12 PM EDT
[#20]
Ok, I'll go with almost all of the movies listed here already, especially (in this order):

(Movie 1 noted below)
Red Dawn
Ronin
Private Ryan
Whole 9 Yards
(Movie 2 noted below)

But there is one that should lead the pack, not becuase it's a Civil War movie, not because it was a great Civil War movie, but because it does show men deliberating over the deeds that they are about to undertake. - GETTYSBURG

And one to end out my list...  Gladiator...  A man of resolve, a man who earns the respect of his country, not once but twice.

Rounds out my top 6...  Of course, the Sound of Music could fit in there somewhere... maybe?  OK, maybe not!  hehehehe...

Link Posted: 3/29/2001 2:23:20 PM EDT
[#21]
[size=6]ALIENS[/size=6]

i want my m41a 10mm expolosive tipped pulse rifle

[uzi]
Link Posted: 3/29/2001 3:08:54 PM EDT
[#22]
Mean Gun(s)

Several, say 100, convicts, hoods, gangsters, hitmen, mobsters are called to a newly build prison.  When they arrive Ice-T throws several large boxes of mixed ammo some in mags some loose into a common area holding with all the thugs.  Next he throws several guns knifes and bats to the area.  No rules the last three standing come back to the starting point for a showdown with Ice-T.  Great movie.
Link Posted: 3/29/2001 3:51:21 PM EDT
[#23]
Quigley Down Under
The Outlaw Josey Wales
The Boon Dock Saints
Assassins
Rambo Series

Link Posted: 3/29/2001 4:24:35 PM EDT
[#24]
The Siege Of Firebase Gloria
Full Metal Jacket
Clear And Present Danger
Link Posted: 3/29/2001 4:58:28 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 3/29/2001 5:28:21 PM EDT
[#26]
Heat would have be at the top of my list for a gun movie.  Realy good SFX and it looked like most of the actors were actually taught how to hold a gun.  Unlike most Hollywood productions, the director of HEAT payed attention to reloads, which I thought made the gun fights more realistic.

Terminator 2 is a close second just b/c of the variety of guns.  I really enjoyed the suppressed XM177E2 and the Minigun.  

Preditor is up there too, I think they used the same Minigun for that.  

As far as war movies go I think I would have to put Full Metal Jacket before Platoon.  The first half of FMJ is simply untouchable!
Link Posted: 3/29/2001 5:41:15 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 3/30/2001 12:08:51 AM EDT
[#28]
buckstone county prison. seabo and that sawed off winchester 97 is the shit!
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top