Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/18/2001 12:29:30 PM EDT
I will be getting my first AR in the next few months.  Most likely a Rock River Arms CAR A2 (16" barrel, mid length handguard, A2 buttstock).  I am wondering what type of accessories would be good to start out with?

I was thinking that perhaps a muzzle brake and some sort of front mount would make sense.  At the moment I'm considering this mount:
[url]http://www.bushmaster.com/shopping/slings/yhm-639.htm[/url]
and this brake:
[url]http://www.bushmaster.com/shopping/brakes/yhm-259p.htm[/url]

I am considering that mount, because I think a tactical light would make sense as a future purchase, and I want to mount the light beneath the barrel (since I can fire right or left handed).

What exactly does having a muzzle brake gain me?

I am open to any suggestions, different brands, or different accessories that would make more sense.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 3/18/2001 12:44:48 PM EDT
[#1]
*'Rifle case' w/ mag pouches on the side.
* extra magazines (20, 30 or 40 rounders)
* sling for rifle
* cleaning kit for butt stock

Brain not working yet....that's all it'll let me think of.
Link Posted: 3/18/2001 12:46:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/18/2001 12:49:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Good ideas, thanks.
What companies sell a variety of good cases and slings?
I allready have a couple of spare magazines and I'm sure I can pick up a cleaning kit at my local shop.
Link Posted: 3/18/2001 1:08:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/18/2001 1:20:53 PM EDT
[#5]
I think I will stick with just a plain rifle at first, but I still need to know a good source for a decent case and a sling.  I'd prefer a hard case that I can lock.  As far as a sling, I don't know what I want.
Link Posted: 3/18/2001 2:41:20 PM EDT
[#6]
If you are not already aware of it, check out the group purchse "2001 Limited Edition" rifle, and all of it's recommended accessories.

The rifle is a very customized and laser engraved Rock River "M4 Tactical Carbine" and is selling for only $660 delivered!

[url]www.castle-arms.com[/url]
Top Top