Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/4/2001 8:17:19 AM EDT
Hello!

This is my first posting to this board.  I just discovered ya'll last night!  I have a Daewoo DR200 that is one awesome weapon, but really would love to have a CAR-15, which I can not currently afford.  I have a wife and three kids, so my financial obligations as sole breadwinner severely limit my collection!  I do however have a Glock 27 (Glock forever!), a Mossberg 500 Persuader, Ruger 10/22, and of course the Daewoo.  This posting is my way of saying hi, but I have also have a tech question I hope someone can help me with.  There are tons of accessories for ARs out there, but I have NEVER seen anything for Daewoos!  If anyone can help me out it would be great!  I am a customizing fiend, and would love to dress up my DR200.

Link Posted: 3/4/2001 9:10:03 AM EDT
[#1]
You can buy a stock kit from Ace for less than $200. Both 'pre-ban folders' and 'post-ban non-folders' are listed:

[url]http://www.riflestocks.com/html/ace_ltd__products_3.html[/url]

Link Posted: 3/4/2001 9:18:23 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks!

I had heard of this before, with some question of the legality of putting it on a post-ban gun.  The price is right and I like the look, so I will pursue this further.  Anybody know where to find out about this?
Link Posted: 3/4/2001 9:20:58 AM EDT
[#3]
[img]mediaservice.photoisland.com/auction/Mar/2001344628578307103467.jpg[/img]       Ace is the place for the stocks and any local source for the purchase of an AR-15 fire control group.   You will need to replace the entire 3 pieces and get a better trigger in the trade.  Beware of cheap AR parts though.   The scope mounts are at American Spirit Arms.....good shooting.......turbo
Link Posted: 3/4/2001 9:24:09 AM EDT
[#4]
Hey Aircraftmech, welcome aboard.
Link Posted: 3/4/2001 9:29:16 AM EDT
[#5]
The trigger group will, along with a U.S. mag, Butstock, and pistolgrip, total enough parts to satisfy the 922r.  Ace sends this information in its entirety with the stocks.  I keep a copy rolled up in the cheekpiece......turbo
Link Posted: 3/4/2001 9:33:11 AM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for the replies, guys.  Something I forgot to mention is that I would love to attach a 37mm flare launcher.  As an aircraft mechanic, I have the tools and ability to custom machine one, but would like to avoid the hassle!  If there is not one commercially available, and I go to the trouble to make one, I would love to know if anyone else has an interest.  If I make one, I may as well make several.  Whattayathink?
Link Posted: 3/4/2001 9:36:46 AM EDT
[#7]
I'm not sure, but looking at my DR200 I've always thought it looked like a flare launcher would fit.  You would need to make some handguards though.

I have one of the ACE stocks on my DR200 and I really like it, but it feels a little long after being used to A1 stocks and CAR stocks on ARs.  One of thse days I'm going to shorten it.

Link Posted: 3/4/2001 4:16:46 PM EDT
[#8]
Most things that attatch to the barrel of an A1 AR will fit a Daewoo barrel.  The M-16 bipod fits right between the front sight and the front sling swivel.  

The ACE stocks seem to be a little long to me as well, but I heard ACE will trim them for you if you want before they send it to you.  If not it would seem to be an easy mod.

A great mod for the Daewoo is the "rapidex" windage knob for the A1 type AR.  You can get them from various places, but I bought one from Bushmaster long ago.  It replaces the standard A1 type windage drum you have that needs a bullet to adjust.  The "rapidex" knob is just that, a knob.  It gives you a serrated knob that allows you to click adjust windage.  Since the range adjustment also uses a knob on the opposite side, and there are already windage index marks for the rear sight, it's a great mod.  I have one on my K2 and it really is nice.  I don't use it much, but it just looks cool having a knob on each side that you can fully adjust your sights with.  You can just see it in the picture.
[img]albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1289692&a=9560558&p=41854258[/img]

Ross
Top Top