Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 11/3/2015 11:22:24 AM EDT
[#1]
I'd love to be able to get FN lowers too but the lower is basically what everyone who wants this ultimately is paying the premium for. They know if you could just buy the lower you could build essentially the same clone for almost half what they're asking for a complete rifle.
Link Posted: 11/3/2015 12:52:02 PM EDT
[#2]
The read that the regular fn ar15's didn't even have the military parts in them like the bcg and buffer tube and what not. I wonder if thats true and what these have for parts in them.
Link Posted: 11/3/2015 6:02:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The read that the regular fn ar15's didn't even have the military parts in them like the bcg and buffer tube and what not. I wonder if thats true and what these have for parts in them.
View Quote

Good point.
Link Posted: 11/3/2015 8:47:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
How about a better pic of the rollmark?
View Quote

Find an image of the left side of an FN M16. The logo looks like that. An "F" on top of an "N", inside of an oval, all single line.

Link Posted: 11/3/2015 9:01:44 PM EDT
[#5]
My last service rifle was an FN.

Link Posted: 11/3/2015 9:16:55 PM EDT
[#6]

They won't have the cage code or the property markings. They do have the little 3d code tags though.
Link Posted: 11/3/2015 9:31:17 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
They won't have the cage code or the property markings. They do have the little 3d code tags though.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

They have a cage code. Almost all firearm companies have a cage code.
Link Posted: 11/3/2015 10:13:52 PM EDT
[#8]

Can anyone explain why there is a metal spacer between the lower and the grip?
I've never seen that before.
Link Posted: 11/3/2015 10:23:02 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Ghetto way of rectifying a too long grip screw would be my guess?
Link Posted: 11/3/2015 10:27:04 PM EDT
[#10]
Well shit.  I'll have to go to their "Pro Store" that's just around the corner from the house for a good laugh at these prices in person.
Link Posted: 11/3/2015 10:29:27 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Just how bad?  

14 grand kinda bad?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Fnh I need a semi m240 baaaddddd for a vehicle

Just how bad?  

14 grand kinda bad?

I could do 8 or 9.

Link Posted: 11/3/2015 10:33:17 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You misread me. I mean their cage code and property markings are not on the collectors edition guns as they are on the M16s they supply to the government.

Link Posted: 11/3/2015 10:36:47 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

The metal spacer typically has a little leg that stops the selector from moving to to the auto or burst position. It is a way to keep the guns semi only without having to fuck with the fire control group.

It appears that the little leg broke off the one pictured.

Link Posted: 11/3/2015 10:45:15 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

$1600 is the MAP.

FN won't let a dealer sell under $1600 if they want to keep being a dealer. I'm sure the average price will be $1700-$1750

View Quote
Nope, a dealer can sell under MAP, they just can't advertise under MAP. Minimum Advertised Price

Link Posted: 11/3/2015 10:59:54 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
You misread me. I mean their cage code and property markings are not on the collectors edition guns as they are on the M16s they supply to the government.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nope...

However, I do beleive they are not marked US Property.

I think they say

FNH RIFLE

CAL 5.56x45MM NATO

FN12345678

I don't know what FNMI's cage code is for the M16A4s. I would beleive FNHs cage code would be different.
Link Posted: 11/3/2015 11:03:30 PM EDT
[#16]
The metal spacer typically has a little leg that stops the selector from moving to to the auto or burst position. It is a way to keep the guns semi only without having to fuck with the fire control group.

It appears that the little leg broke off the one pictured.
View Quote

This. They break of very easily from the handling of clumsy supply guys.
Link Posted: 11/3/2015 11:09:27 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
$1600 is the MAP.

FN won't let a dealer sell under $1600 if they want to keep being a dealer. I'm sure the average price will be $1700-$1750
View Quote

I'll just buy a SCAR at that price for a couple hundo more.
Link Posted: 11/3/2015 11:20:07 PM EDT
[#18]
I'll take two 6920s instead.
Link Posted: 11/3/2015 11:35:36 PM EDT
[#19]
n/m
Link Posted: 11/3/2015 11:38:51 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

There is a plate that can be installed to block the selector from advancing to the burst or auto position.  However in this ones case it is broken off and the broken piece has not been removed from the weapon.

Link Posted: 11/3/2015 11:43:58 PM EDT
[#21]
Who would want that plate?
Link Posted: 11/3/2015 11:47:00 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Who would want that plate?
View Quote
I have seen them sell in the EE every once in a while.  Those that go for authenticity of specific firearms will buy almost anything.

Link Posted: 11/4/2015 9:07:26 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Nope...

<a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/user/ermey/media/FB_IMG_1446605580231_zps8on9ouru.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v37/ermey/FB_IMG_1446605580231_zps8on9ouru.jpg</a>

However, I do beleive they are not marked US Property. I think they say

FNH RIFLE
CAL 5.56x45MM NATO
FN12345678

I don't know what FNMI's cage code is for the M16A4s. I would beleive FNHs cage code would be different.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nope...

<a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/user/ermey/media/FB_IMG_1446605580231_zps8on9ouru.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v37/ermey/FB_IMG_1446605580231_zps8on9ouru.jpg</a>

FNH RIFLE
CAL 5.56x45MM NATO
FN12345678

You are still misreading me, though at this point it really doesn't matter. Let me put it how I should have to begin with:

The logo that is machined on the collector lowers looks like the logo stamped on the government lowers. The rest of the markings are different.

And yes, their cage code is their cage code. It doesn't change.

You don't have a picture of the selector markings on that collector gun, do you?

Link Posted: 11/4/2015 9:55:59 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Find an image of the left side of an FN M16. The logo looks like that. An "F" on top of an "N", inside of an oval, all single line.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I know what an FN M16 looks like, but that is no guarantee that the commercial version is rollmarked (it might be laser engraved or something stupid).

Link Posted: 11/4/2015 10:07:04 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I know what an FN M16 looks like, but that is no guarantee that the commercial version is rollmarked (it might be laser engraved or something stupid).

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

All the markings on them were CNC engraved.

In the interest of full disclosure, I have already seen these first-hand.
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 10:11:06 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
You are still misreading me, though at this point it really doesn't matter. Let me put it how I should have to begin with:
The logo that is machined on the collector lowers looks like the logo stamped on the government lowers. The rest of the markings are different.
You don't have a picture of the selector markings on that collector gun, do you?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

They won't have the cage code
or the property markings. They do have the little 3d code tags though.

Nope...
>>>>>>><a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/user/ermey/media/FB_IMG_1446605580231_zps8on9ouru.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v37/ermey/FB_IMG_1446605580231_zps8on9ouru.jpg</a><<<<<<<<

FNH RIFLE

CAL 5.56x45MM NATO

FN12345678

You started off talking about how they don't have cage codes, and I showed you a pic that they do/will have cage codes....then your saying that's not what your talking about. Instead you're talking about the area under the logo, which I've already said what it looks like.

Link Posted: 11/4/2015 10:11:46 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
$1600 is the MAP.

View Quote

You know that's not how MAP works right?
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 10:15:51 AM EDT
[#28]
If they were around a grand I'd be all over one.
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 10:17:43 AM EDT
[#29]
Great Caesar's Ghost!

Those prices...
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 10:21:16 AM EDT
[#30]
The price is so wrong it makes it unrealistic. I could see them being $1,000-$1,100 as a realistic price point. Coming in $100-$200 over that would make me say "Damn, that's a little pricey. But... I still may have to." $1,600+++ isn't even laughable, it's just wtf were they thinking?
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 10:35:13 AM EDT
[#31]

Yeah, I realize it was unclear.

I was trying to say that the logo is really the only marking that's the same as the government guns. Everything else is formatted differently, missing like the property marks, and the cage isn't stamped on the left of the receiver but rather on the 3d tag.

Sorry for the confusion. I was making half ass posts.
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 10:41:03 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

I was trying to say that the logo is really the only marking that's the same as the government guns. Everything else is formatted differently, missing like the property marks, and the cage isn't stamped on the left of the receiver but rather on the 3d tag.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Our M16A4s didn't have any thing stamped on the left of the receiver except for the safe/semi/burst. This was just before data matrix labels came about.
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 10:46:34 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Our M16A4s didn't have any thing stamped on the left of the receiver except for the safe/semi/burst. This was just before data matrix labels came about.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh really?

I thought FN always roll stamped the cage code on the left side of the receiver with their plant location, just above the hammer and trigger pins.

"data matrix labels". One of my former customers referred to then as 3d tags forever ago, and i have always incorrectly called them that since then.
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 12:26:05 PM EDT
[#34]
I dont understand why firearms companies don't use real rollmarks.  They look so much better than engravings.

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top