Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/26/2001 3:34:19 PM EDT
I think they are but, I'm not sure.

Are they not on the "list" yet?

If they are still aviable, does any one know where I can buy one in the Bay Area?
Link Posted: 4/26/2001 3:38:05 PM EDT
They are on the RR'89 list.

Variants not labeled as FAL are not, so if there are insufficient evil features to make the SB23 law, you may have one (for now...).  Most people advocate not attaching the pistol grip.
Link Posted: 4/26/2001 5:13:10 PM EDT
If you install a pistol grip or thumbhole stock, the rifle becomes an evil AW under SB23
Link Posted: 4/26/2001 5:27:50 PM EDT
They are legal, for now.

Kind of tough to shoot without a pistol grip, but it can be done.

Keep the grip for when you go to Nevada to shoot.

The upper recievers are the registered part. Uppers are available at gunshows, but awfully expensive that way. Find an FFL in your area and see if they will do the paperwork for you. As long as their fee isn't outrageous, then you order from one of the many sources in Shotgun News. Some companies will only deal with FFLs and some will accept orders from the general public. DSA, probably the best around, will not, at this time, sell complete rifles or upper recievers to CA residents. Entreprise is a CA company and will sell rifles or recievers to CA residents, but without pistol grips. I think Arizona Response Systems has a policy of selling to CA residents as long as CA laws are complied with (again, no pistol grip). AZEX is another good source, with a good reputation but I don't know much about them.

For really good info go to www.fnfal.com.

Their site is having technical problems at this time but should be up soon (I hope!).

If you find a friendly FFL, I would recommend buying a reciever from Dealer Warehouse in Modesto, CA  (209)545-2800  Imbel gear logo upper reciever for 218.50. They will deal directly with you and ship to your FFL. Then get a kit and some U.S. parts to make it legal. This method can be pricey but you learn the weapon from the inside out.
Link Posted: 4/27/2001 3:36:12 AM EDT
Dealer Warehouse is a good suggestion for Imbel receivers. AIM was selling them as well and they will transfer to your CA FFL. I don't know if AIM has any left, but Dealer Warehouse does.

If you want a complete rifle, M&N armory in Fremont is an Entreprise dealer. Number is (510) 494-0421.

Arizona Response Systems sells complete rifles in CA as well. You just have to find an FFL who will handle the transfer for you.

In either case, the pistol grip will not be included with the rifle. But they will ship it to you in a separate shipment. Just don't attach it in-state.
Link Posted: 4/29/2001 3:42:03 PM EDT
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top