Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/24/2016 6:46:25 PM EDT
I picked this one up about 25 years ago out of an old warehouse full of used desks from refineries, schools, hospitals,,,etc. Looked at about a hundred pieces of crap metal and wood desks  and was ready to leave disappointed when the old guy asked me what the hell I was looking for. Something solid wood that would look nice freshened up. He walks me back and uncovers two of these, both nasty, gummy and almost black in color. Inside of drawers looked mahogany, no screws, particle board or other junk plus the solid brass feet and drawer pulls got me thinking it was probably a pretty nice piece at one time. The better looking one was missing a couple feet so we robbed them off the other. $225.00 and we loaded the heavy beast up. Had a friend strip and refinish it and the ribbon stripe mahogany was just damn beautiful. Used it at work for 20 plus years and decided to get it refinished one more time and bring it home where it wouldn't get beat up anymore. Fresh glass with a flat polished edge and a little elbow grease on the brass. Upstairs over the garage/shop where we have an office, theatre/living area and fitness room is where it currently resides for my future semi retirement...hopefully.

Don't know the mfg. but did find a patent date of 1922 on one of the pull out writing leafs. There was a round water decal inside the middle drawer that was deteriorated and came off the first time it got stripped. Crappy phone pic is all I have at the moment. Anyone have an idea on the mfg?

Link Posted: 4/24/2016 6:58:54 PM EDT
[#1]
I have a 1940s oak secretary desk that I plan to sell soon.  Takes up too much space and who uses a desk anymore?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top