Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/10/2009 5:00:31 PM EDT
And when GM goes bankrupt (it will happen for certain) that money is gone forever.  Down the rathole.

Fucking idiots.
Link Posted: 4/10/2009 5:05:14 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't remember, was it 15 billion?  With the trillions we've been tossing at banks lately I don't even pay attention to the mere billions we throw around these days.  
Link Posted: 4/10/2009 5:10:28 PM EDT
[#2]
What ever happened to ShopRat ? I think he used to buff blemishes off of cars on the GM line for $40.00 an hour.
Link Posted: 4/10/2009 5:15:59 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

And when GM goes bankrupt (it will happen for certain) that money is gone forever.  Down the rathole.

Fucking idiots.

Uh, it was gone down the rathole the instant it was spent, just like MOST of the money Central Planning spends.

Link Posted: 4/10/2009 5:19:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Too much
Link Posted: 4/10/2009 5:19:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Who didnt see that coming?
Link Posted: 4/10/2009 5:19:22 PM EDT
[#6]
It's only pretend money.....
Link Posted: 4/10/2009 5:22:24 PM EDT
[#7]

It was virtual money.

Potential money.

Future money.

Not "real" money.

They didn't REALLY give them $150 billion cash - it was just an $150billion IOU.

Actually it was a $150billion "my-children-and-grandchildren-OU"

Link Posted: 4/10/2009 5:31:27 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

It was virtual money.

Potential money.

Future money.

Not "real" money.

They didn't REALLY give them $150 billion cash - it was just an $150billion IOU.

Actually it was a $150billion "my-children-and-grandchildren-OU"
Boy, good thing all that extra "made up" money didn't have ANY affect on us AT ALL!

Link Posted: 4/10/2009 5:33:38 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Fucking idiots.

The real idiots are those who continue to buy GM products.

Link Posted: 4/10/2009 5:34:21 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Fucking idiots.

I don't think Obama can politically afford for GM to go to bankruptcy court. The UAW has backed too much for him to allow the courts to break their contracts with GM.
Link Posted: 4/10/2009 5:37:33 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

What ever happened to ShopRat ? I think he used to buff blemishes off of cars on the GM line for $40.00 an hour.

He's kept a low profile since the bailouts began.  

Link Posted: 4/10/2009 5:41:04 PM EDT
[#12]
If the following is true, GM's bankruptcy is going to cost the taxpayer a lot more than any bailout of GM has cost already:

From Rep. McCotter's website:
Note:  According to articles from The Market Ticker and The Business Insider, many GM bondholders could hold credit default swaps (CDS) with Troubled Asset Relief Program (TARP) recipient AIG on GM debt.  Secretary Geithner has previously stated that, due to the injection of taxpayer dollars, AIG “fully met its obligations” – in sum, it paid 100 cents on the dollar on AIG’s CDS contracts.  Thus, if GM enters bankruptcy, GM’s bondholders with CDS contracts from AIG could be assured of getting all their money back – if not more – because the American taxpayer is now guaranteeing these contracts with AIG.

In other words, if GM goes bankrupt, you, as a taxpayer, are going to have to pay even more to bailout AIG because AIG is obligated through its credit default swaps with GM bond holders to make such GM bond holders whole in the event of GM's bankruptcy.

You are going to be forced to funnel 10s of billions more through AIG to enrich AIG's counterparties.
Link Posted: 4/10/2009 5:41:31 PM EDT
[#13]
Didn't they actually buy up debt or relieve them of debt originally or did they give them moar?
Link Posted: 4/10/2009 5:55:45 PM EDT
[#14]
Apparently not enough

They should have been left go bankrupt the last time (I know I'm preaching to the choir ). Things might have started working out by now.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top