[#1]
lol

too bad the .mp3 file seems to be missing
Link Posted: 12/12/2008 9:28:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
lol

too bad the .mp3 file seems to be missing

Yea too bad the link is dead. I wonder what happened to it? I wanna listen to it..

Was reading some of the complaints in there. This ones pretty good. (PDF file)
Triple Break Complaint
Link Posted: 12/12/2008 9:29:42 PM EDT
[#3]
A buddy of mine has a Ciener .22 conversion for his M16. It runs liked a scalded dog.
Link Posted: 12/12/2008 9:31:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Damn, thats about right though from what I've heard about ciener.
One guy I know actually talked to john and said he was a REAL dick.
Link Posted: 12/12/2008 9:32:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Damn, thats about right though from what I've heard about ciener.
One guy I know actually talked to john and said he was a REAL dick.

There was a member here who had the Balls to drive over to his shop to speak to him in person. Boy that was crazy. Jonathan told the guy to "fuck off"....
Link Posted: 12/12/2008 9:35:22 PM EDT
[#6]
I met Ciener at knob creek, he was pretty fucking rude and uppity selling his warez.

FUCK CIENER
Link Posted: 12/12/2008 9:38:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 12/12/2008 9:39:24 PM EDT
[#8]
I love hearing about all the stories about this prick. it sounds like he is a grade A assbasket. luckily, I have yet to deal with him about my kit I bought 2+ years ago.
Link Posted: 12/12/2008 9:39:57 PM EDT
[#9]
Never met him, but the two kits I have shot, of friends, jammed too often for my taste.  something just seems wrong about the kits.  I would use a .22 upper all day long, but the kits just feel cheap to me.
Link Posted: 12/12/2008 9:40:07 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I met Ciener at knob creek, he was pretty fucking rude and uppity selling his warez.

FUCK CIENER

I heard from people at Knob Creek that he was selling customers backorders there. Thats pretty low...
Link Posted: 12/12/2008 9:42:23 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:

FUCK CIENER

I heard from people at Knob Creek that he was selling customers backorders there. Thats pretty low...

Thats EXACTLY what he was doing.

The sad thing is, my dad's buddy bought a kit from him for a browning hi-power. I told him the stories about Ciener, meh, he just had to have a 22 kit for his BHP.

He was a real fuckstick in person, arrogant as hell, and Trust me, I've got a healthy ego myself

He had TONS of kits at the creek, all that rare shit you never can get from his website.
The AK kits, browning HP kits etc...

Probably some poor bastards stuff been on backorder for 5 years
Link Posted: 12/12/2008 9:43:52 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:

FUCK CIENER

What do you mean?  He was selling kits to people on the spot rather than shipping them to people who already had orders?
Link Posted: 12/12/2008 9:45:00 PM EDT
[#13]
he is a piece of work

him and Todd bailey

hell I saw a warning about Ciener in a machinist publication once

apparently he treats his employees as well as his customers
Link Posted: 12/12/2008 9:45:28 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

FUCK CIENER

What do you mean?  He was selling kits to people on the spot rather than shipping them to people who already had orders?

Yep, and at JACKED up prices also. He was 100% cash and carry, no CC or checks, makes me wonder if he's declaring that shit...

I also seem to remember his use of the F-word in regular sentences where it was not needed, such as when my dad's buddy got a kit. "Well your gonna need another fucking mag for that, don't wanan pay USPS's fucking rates, just fucking get it now and not have to fucking worry about it"

Like that, in front of some kids, I was shocked
Link Posted: 12/12/2008 10:02:38 PM EDT
[#15]
Yeah, he's a real tool.

What gets me, is in the '80s he wasn't such a dick. I don't know what happened. I guess he has enough money it doesn't matter anymore.

I'm surprised he shows up at the Creek anymore. It seems every time he does there is an altercation w/a pissed customer and he ends up yelping for security to get rid of the pissed off customer.

Word around the barn was if anyone actually started to beat his ass nobody would intervene.
Link Posted: 12/12/2008 10:05:08 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

FUCK CIENER

Yeah, some dude was giving him the business Friday of the fall shoot. He started yelling for security. Apparently he had kits on the table and the guy who was on backorder wanted his kit.
Link Posted: 12/12/2008 10:06:09 PM EDT
[#17]
Am I the only person who thinks it unwise to piss off customers who obviously own firearms? I have a Ciener conversion myself, bought it on the secondary market. Functionally, I'm very pleased, but I dread the day I have to order parts.
Link Posted: 12/12/2008 10:08:14 PM EDT
[#18]
10/22 ftw
Link Posted: 12/12/2008 10:11:42 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

FUCK CIENER

Yeah, some dude was giving him the business Friday of the fall shoot. He started yelling for security. Apparently he had kits on the table and the guy who was on backorder wanted his kit.

Shit I'd want my kit too, and I am bigger then security was

Link Posted: 12/12/2008 10:15:40 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

FUCK CIENER

Wow, what happened?

I'd always heard the guy was a real asshole.  Sounds like an unethical businessman, too.
Link Posted: 12/12/2008 10:17:26 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
10/22 ftw

Yup.
Link Posted: 12/12/2008 10:19:19 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

FUCK CIENER

Now, that's really fucking low.  He already had the guy's money and an available to anyone kit was right there in front of him and he wouldn't give it to him?  What a fuckhead.

One day when he is in a nursing home he had better hope his care taker isn't one of his old customers.
Link Posted: 12/12/2008 10:45:12 PM EDT
[#23]
I have talked to the guy personally, he is not a fun person to talk 15 years. Don't buy his $hit, and you don't have to bother talking with the SOB. He is a real @$$hole, and that is putting it mildly.
Link Posted: 12/12/2008 10:54:40 PM EDT
[#24]
Fuck that Mother Fucker, if I went to his business and he told me to fuck off, they'd have to put me in jail for tap dancing on his fucking face.  Has no one ever stood up to this fucking piece of shit, sounds to me like he needs a good southern ass whippin.......
Link Posted: 12/12/2008 11:02:10 PM EDT
[#25]
Heres my 10/22.

Ruger 10/22 hidden in an M249 Airsoft shell.
Link Posted: 12/12/2008 11:26:10 PM EDT
[#26]
JAC is a well known douche.

When I get a conversion kit for my M1911A1, it will be from Kimber.

Ciener can shove his kits where his head is.
Link Posted: 12/13/2008 12:06:26 AM EDT
[#27]
Some dweeb went to a lot of trouble for nothing, cuz JAC couldn't care less what anybody thinks of him.
Link Posted: 12/13/2008 12:07:42 AM EDT
[#28]
Ok he's an asshole but who else offers the products he does? he needs to grow his production bigger , but it seems like he likes it like it is, why cant someboy else offer similar products?
Link Posted: 12/13/2008 12:15:11 AM EDT
[#29]
maybe he needs to hire a manager with business and people skills that could up his production and courtesy and stay away from the public .
Link Posted: 12/13/2008 12:42:26 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted: why cant someboy else offer similar products?

already done by CMMG..

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=118194844
Link Posted: 12/13/2008 12:48:18 AM EDT
[#31]
As far as I'm concerned, Ciener single-handedly disproves the theory that "bad businesses and crooked businessmen will always fail because people will take their business elsewhere."

As big an asshole as Ciener is, if it was true, he'd be begging for change on the corner instead of making money hand over fist.

I wanted to see if he made (or was making) a kit for my P99.  Here's the gist of the response I got from one of his underlings via phone.

"Why are you wasting my fucking time?  Why would we be fucking stupid enough to waste time on that?  Stop being a dumbshit and go buy a P22, so I can talk to people who might buy something from us, instead of you."
Link Posted: 12/13/2008 12:48:44 AM EDT
[#32]
I bought a Ciener kit for my M16, runs like a cock roach on crack, but he is an utter bastard and could care less that we think hes an utter bastard as long as his shit sells.  So there, don't buy anymore from him, spread the word to not buy any, and watch out for him changing the name to try and hook anyone else into a converstion kit.  I met him once and had a small complant about the anti-bounce weight on my conversion kit.  He told me that's the way he designed it and it would stay that way.  I told him he designed a piece of crap. and that if I designed a Fart it would look like him, and stay that way.  Needless to say I didn't get a Christmas or Birthday card from him.
Link Posted: 12/13/2008 12:52:10 AM EDT
[#33]
BTW, he and his little punk employees would change their attitudes if a big ol group of Good Ol' Boys showed up with some serious Ass Kicking desire on their hearts!
Link Posted: 12/13/2008 1:27:21 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted: why cant someboy else offer similar products?

already done by CMMG..

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=118194844

Hmm, no shit.

I'm gonna have to go with the local boys for mine.

Link Posted: 12/13/2008 1:34:41 AM EDT
[#35]
He showed up at a gunshow here a couple years back. I could not belive it.
There was a fair amount of people around his table, and I tried to listen in,
but couldnt get close enough. I got the impression that many of them were
former customers. He has not come back since then.

There also appeared to be a few that were interested in his kits. He figures,
and apparently its true, that enough folks who dont know about his practices
will be enough business for him. I just dont see how anyone has not heard
of his shit yet.
Link Posted: 12/13/2008 1:43:03 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Some dweeb went to a lot of trouble for nothing, cuz JAC couldn't care less what anybody thinks of him.

Exactly. He doesn't give a damn and doesn't mind anybody knowing it.
Link Posted: 12/13/2008 1:52:30 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
As far as I'm concerned, Ciener single-handedly disproves the theory that "bad businesses and crooked businessmen will always fail because people will take their business elsewhere."

As big an asshole as Ciener is, if it was true, he'd be begging for change on the corner instead of making money hand over fist.

I wanted to see if he made (or was making) a kit for my P99.  Here's the gist of the response I got from one of his underlings via phone.

"Why are you wasting my fucking time?  Why would we be fucking stupid enough to waste time on that?  Stop being a dumbshit and go buy a P22, so I can talk to people who might buy something from us, instead of you."

Capitalism works, it just does not work fast enough for our no-patience society.
Just give it time. When you build a better mouse trap, the world beats a path to your door; but if you are a giant penis, someone else will get the business.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top