Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/18/2023 5:12:37 PM EDT
Just a random thought.  It seems like most criminal organizations (mafia, etc) run protection rackets in which they demand a cut of your income in exchange for leaving you alone.

Government, on the other hand, demands a cut of your income, but then uses it against you and does not leave you alone.

I know that this is over simplifying things, but what are your thoughts?

Do we need government to keep society from crumbling?

Would we be better off abolishing Government knowing that the "vacuum" would likely be filled by some other criminal organization?
Link Posted: 6/18/2023 5:14:44 PM EDT
[#1]
We would be better off with about 85% less government.
Link Posted: 6/18/2023 5:15:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Better marketing maybe
Link Posted: 6/18/2023 5:16:33 PM EDT
[#3]
For the money I pay in taxes, I would probaly get better service and more liberty from a local mafia organization.
Link Posted: 6/18/2023 5:24:10 PM EDT
[#4]
better? maybe more accurate to say more powerful since they control the laws themselves.
Link Posted: 6/18/2023 5:28:40 PM EDT
[#5]
You should do some reading on anarcho-capitalism

More recent research suggests we are already living under criminal organizations: One Nation Under Blackmail

Overall I think the US Constitution (which was based on the Roman Republic) has been extremely successful.  Besides a more strict interpretation of the US Constitution, I think the Anti-Federalist papers probably point to the best direction to make reforms.  

Professor Carroll Quigley of Georgetown University documented his thoughts on the private ownership of military arms and democracy in his book Tragedy and Hope:

The three basic foundations of political democracy... are (1) that men are relatively equal in factual power; (2) that men have relatively equal access to the information needed to make a government's decisions; and (3) that men have a psychological readiness to accept majority rule in return for those civil rights which will allow any minority to work to build itself up to become a majority.
... secrecy, security considerations, and the growing complexity of the issues have served to undermine the second of these.
View Quote

Essentially, per the second Amendment, we need "A well regulated Militia"  which is "necessary to the security of a free State" ... as well as an end to the legacy media/big tech/security state.  

Until the people have equal arms and equal information trouble will continue.  I'm not saying the people need F-15's and nukes... clearly the Afghans didn't... but personally owned small arms & comms, organization, training, and local armories storing crew served weapons would make a much better balance of power.
Link Posted: 6/18/2023 5:28:42 PM EDT
[#6]
What Whiskerz suggested.

Our chance comes when the Federal Reserve Note dies.  The means of funding the behemoth ends there and we should unshakle ourselves from the Fed Res and the 16th Amendment. Get normal people in office and restore the Constitution.
Link Posted: 6/18/2023 5:54:42 PM EDT
[#7]
If you mean better at commiting crimes than criminals are, yes, the government is exponentially better.
Link Posted: 6/18/2023 5:56:18 PM EDT
[#8]
“Elected”
Link Posted: 6/18/2023 6:00:10 PM EDT
[#9]
More widespread to put the squeeze into action.
Link Posted: 6/18/2023 6:02:33 PM EDT
[#10]
Interesting responses that I am still digesting, but pole added.
Link Posted: 6/18/2023 8:08:39 PM EDT
[#11]
This government and it's swamp and 5th column creatures are far worse than any organized crime syndicate
Link Posted: 6/18/2023 8:13:13 PM EDT
[#12]
Instead of paying a thousand little robbers you pay the most magnificent of them all.
Link Posted: 6/18/2023 8:16:49 PM EDT
[#13]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

90% less government would be a great start.  Only 10% do the vast majority of .gov work.  The rest are just there for the pension and sweet benefits at our expense.
Link Posted: 6/18/2023 8:18:01 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

What’s a couple more percentage points? Just as well do 87%
Link Posted: 6/18/2023 8:24:54 PM EDT
[#15]
There are multiple countries around the world that are 100% controlled by criminal organizations to a much greater extent than ours. Even with our current troubles, I'd still rather live here than in any of the others.

As a matter of fact, I can't think of a single country in the world where I would habe a better balance of freedom and security than right here.

That says more about how bad the rest of the world is, than how good we are. Because we're nowhere near as good as we could, or should, be.
Link Posted: 6/18/2023 8:35:55 PM EDT
[#16]
You have to have some government or things go to complete chaos.

Too much government isn’t healthy either.

Link Posted: 6/18/2023 8:37:28 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
We would be better off with about 87% less government.
View Quote

Fixed it for yah.  
Link Posted: 6/18/2023 8:38:31 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 6/18/2023 8:42:09 PM EDT
[#19]
The only thing government does organically is the organization of violence,  it's literally why government was invented in the first place.  Everything else it does has to be adapted from violence or the threat of violence.

Other "criminal" organizations are far more likely to be providing a service, and so long as participation is voluntary for all participants yes they are morally superior to government.

Most "laws" are the algorithmic application of already misplaced empathy, which is wildly inappropriate to enforce with any kind of violence.

This isn't to say I am anti-government,  I am just pro the appropriate use of government.  If it's not appropriate for you to punish a criminal by using force to capture him, beat/shoot him if he resists, and lock him in your basement with legit murderers and rapists for years while depriving his family of his presence; then it's not cool or government either.

Basically if it's psychotic for you to do it,... it's just as psychotic for government to do it as well.
Link Posted: 6/18/2023 11:52:53 PM EDT
[#20]

Link Posted: 6/19/2023 12:10:43 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 6/19/2023 12:11:48 AM EDT
[#22]
The mob usually takes care of the neighborhood, the gubbmint doesn’t.
Link Posted: 6/19/2023 12:16:49 AM EDT
[#23]
Better?  Dunno about "blood in," but "blood out" seems to be a thing.
Link Posted: 6/19/2023 12:20:11 AM EDT
[#24]
The government should only do a few basic things.

An Armed Force sufficient to defend the nation against all comers.

Infrastructure maintenance, roads, bridges, ports, airfields.

A criminal justice system to protect its citizens from sociopaths.

Border security, smugglers, terrorists, spies, unauthorized foreigners.

<This applies to the federal government. What state/county/city governments want to do should be an independent issue, based on what the citizens are willing to suffer in taxes.
Link Posted: 6/19/2023 1:03:14 AM EDT
[#25]
The mafia historically reacted very poorly to vagrants, thieves, rioters and other shit heads fucking with their protection rackets.

Our government on the other hand…..
Link Posted: 6/19/2023 1:44:04 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
What Whiskerz suggested.

Our chance comes when the Federal Reserve Note dies.  The means of funding the behemoth ends there and we should unshakle ourselves from the Fed Res and the 16th Amendment. Get normal people in office and restore the Constitution.
View Quote

IMO we also need a constitutional amendment to the effect that you cannot serve in congress or the presidency (and likely other positions) and earn $.01 more than your government salary.

If you want to hold office you must give up outside jobs, book deals, paid speeches, the stock market, etc. Your finances will be under strict scrutiny at all times and and if you violate this law, you are immediately stripped of your position and possibly imprisoned.

Laws are already on the books for government employees barring them from using their official positions for personal financial gain, but these either don't apply to or are not enforced on elected officials. The military has special rules/laws which limit member's freedoms compared to civilians. This is basically along those same lines.

Serving in congress/other elected office needs to be about SERVICE, not enrichment. This will attract the right sort of people to it. Right now, most of the people going to D.C. are literally some of the worst of humanity; willing to do or say anything for more money and power.
Top Top