Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 2/24/2023 10:05:25 AM EDT
I was watching ancient aliens on TV this morning, as Friday is ancient alien day.

They were discussing how basically everything from ancient history is due to aliens and how humans may have been genetically modified or brought here by aliens.

I think Scientology has similar beliefs, but many people make fun of it.

What does Scientology believe?  

Is it less valid or believable than any other religion?

Anyone have any personal experiences in Scientology?  That one actress had a lot of bad things to say about it, but is it bad?
Link Posted: 2/24/2023 10:07:17 AM EDT
[#1]
In before Catholics aren’t Christian
Link Posted: 2/24/2023 10:08:39 AM EDT
[#2]
Ancient traditions and kooky religions are no match for a blaster at your side.
Link Posted: 2/24/2023 10:09:43 AM EDT
[#3]
RINO
Religion In Name Only

In any other area it would be considered a money making MLM.
Link Posted: 2/24/2023 10:12:24 AM EDT
[#4]
Whatever L Ron Hubbard (prolific terrible SciFi author) , and his replacement modern editors tell them.
Link Posted: 2/24/2023 10:13:03 AM EDT
[#5]
Follow the money
Link Posted: 2/24/2023 10:14:16 AM EDT
[#6]
this will be fun, but there's no way i'll be able to afford to make it to the last pages of the thread
Link Posted: 2/24/2023 10:14:53 AM EDT
[#7]
Something to add a little perspective about Scientology:  Before L. Ron Hubbard founded it, he is quoted as saying "If you want to get rich, you start a religion."

So that's what he did.  And since he could loosely be described as a "science fiction writer" it is no surprise that the religion he created has a lot of science fiction elements.

Maybe in a few thousand years, Scientology make acquire an aura of "truth" about it but it doesn't have one now.
Link Posted: 2/24/2023 10:18:16 AM EDT
[#8]
Scientology was never a true religion by its creators. It was Ron Hubbards cult, which was turned into a money / power machine. They knew it was not a serious religion, but instead a guy creating a cult because he could.

Their beliefs are right out of Rons sci fi (not even good sci fi) books... and pretty laughable. Watch the southpark episode.. you'll laugh.
Link Posted: 2/24/2023 10:20:20 AM EDT
[#9]
There's a documentary on HBO about it. Very eye opening. Crazier than JWs, which is a high bar to beat.
Link Posted: 2/24/2023 10:20:58 AM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Whatever L Ron Hubbard (prolific terrible SciFi author) , and his replacement modern editors tell them.
View Quote

Some of Hubbard’s stories were terrible.  Some were quite good however.  The Lieutenant is a good example.  Death’s Deputy is another example of a good story.

I only buy Hubbard’s books second hand.  I have noticed that they usually seem heavily used so I believe I am not the only one doing this.
Link Posted: 2/24/2023 10:22:27 AM EDT
[#11]
From what I've read,  it seems like a really nearly satanic cult
Link Posted: 2/24/2023 10:22:45 AM EDT
[#12]
Xenu was the God that got mad at a bunch of people so he chained them together, threw them in a volcano and dropped an atom bomb on them, releasing their tortured souls, which have infected all of us. Scientology is the only way to shed the demons.
Link Posted: 2/24/2023 10:23:21 AM EDT
[#13]
Remember these commercials

Link Posted: 2/24/2023 10:25:33 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Some of Hubbard’s stories were terrible.  Some were quite good however.  The Lieutenant is a good example.  Death’s Deputy is another example of a good story.

I only buy Hubbard’s books second hand.  I have noticed that they usually seem heavily used so I believe I am not the only one doing this.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I forget the hotel chain that's associated with scientology, it's one of the smaller ones, but the few I've stayed in had a couple bookshelves with a lot of books, including a few shelves dedicated to his stories.
Link Posted: 2/24/2023 10:27:48 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 2/24/2023 10:28:42 AM EDT
[#16]
It is entirely fabricated nonsense, sold (literally and figuratively) in doses, as if you're climbing a ladder of those who REALLY know what's going on.

There's a segment of the population that will say ALL religions are entirely fabricated and just lump them together, but that's disingenuous.  Most major religions are effectively "ancient" and are intertwined with real, documented events/people/timelines.  Whether people/events/actions were exaggerated or misrepresented is a separate matter, particularly when the original stories were historically passed by word of mouth before being documented.

Scientology is just wholly fabricated nonsense in recent times.  It's just absolute bollocks.  

It's right up there with being a Protestant.

Link Posted: 2/24/2023 10:32:02 AM EDT
[#17]
From all the interviews, it sounds like scientology is basically like visiting a counselor in the beginning. I think they basically just talk about all the stuff that bothers them, and it feels good to get it out in the open, so they keep going. Several of the people that were interviewed said they did that long enough to finally hear what the religion really believed, then they realized it was a ridiculous cult. In the meantime all their sessions discussing their deepest and darkest thoughts or regrets were recorded and used as blackmail. They said their data backup is unbelievable.
Link Posted: 2/24/2023 10:33:31 AM EDT
[#18]
Xenu rode around on a DC-8. I suspect L. Ron Hubbard was a stockholder in the Douglas Aircraft Company.
Link Posted: 2/24/2023 10:35:35 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I was watching ancient aliens on TV this morning, as Friday is ancient alien day.

They were discussing how basically everything from ancient history is due to aliens and how humans may have been genetically modified or brought here by aliens.

I think Scientology has similar beliefs, but many people make fun of it.

What does Scientology believe?  

Is it less valid or believable than any other religion?

Anyone have any personal experiences in Scientology?  That one actress had a lot of bad things to say about it, but is it bad?
View Quote

L Ron started Scientology as a joke and to make money
Link Posted: 2/24/2023 10:39:03 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Xenu was the God that got mad at a bunch of people so he chained them together, threw them in a volcano and dropped an atom bomb on them, releasing their tortured souls, which have infected all of us. Scientology is the only way to shed the demons.
View Quote

Then put their souls in large cineplex movie theaters to reprogram them

LOL
Link Posted: 2/24/2023 10:40:10 AM EDT
[#21]
Let's let Tom Cruise tell us about Scientology again.  9 minutes of him clearly providing the details behind the "belief system" they have.
Tom Cruise Scientology Video - ( Original UNCUT )
Link Posted: 2/24/2023 10:46:28 AM EDT
[#22]
IBTL
Link Posted: 2/24/2023 10:48:03 AM EDT
[#23]
Pay the $5000 to join and go to one of the reeducation camps and see for yourself
Link Posted: 2/24/2023 10:58:38 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
IBTL
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/24/2023 10:58:40 AM EDT
[#25]
Less than zero?
Link Posted: 2/24/2023 11:00:50 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Watch the southpark episode.. you'll laugh.
View Quote

I had to try to find the episode and think I did, Season 9, Episode 12 "Trapped in the Closet".  Of course this is one with a commentary from a former Scientology member.
Reaction To South Park's Famous Scientology Episode | "Trapped In The Closet"
Link Posted: 2/24/2023 11:01:22 AM EDT
[#27]
Fuck L. Ron Hubbard and fuck all his clones.
Link Posted: 2/24/2023 11:03:30 AM EDT
[#28]
Extra souls were carted here in wingless jets and dumped into volcanoes. Then the volcanoe were nuked, releasing the Thetans.  The Thetans haunt individuals and cause their problems until they are "cleared" through ElRon ("L" stood for Lafayette) emeter auditing.  

That and Free Xenu!

Wasn't there some hysterical cartoon documentary?
Link Posted: 2/24/2023 11:03:43 AM EDT
[#29]
ive read quite a bit of scientology text and spoken to higher ups in their organization.
nothing ive ever read or experienced (i wont get into it) was harmful or forced to “indoctrinate”.
in fact, EVERYTHING i read is meant to empower the individual to reach their highest potential in personal and social success and was very logical and systematic.
the text and people are very anti big government and held conservative values as we understand them (drugs are bad, big government is bad, persnal ethics and responsibility is critical, nuclear family is good, education is critical, respect others values, etc).
they are a service organization that charges for what they do so im not sure why they get heat for that.
the “church part” of it i dont really see as there was never pressure to believe in “their god”.
anyway, i will leave it at they seemed genuinely concerned for peoples’ and society’s well being and no, i am not a “scientologist” but have explored it on the inside quite a bit.
essentially they are being Senator Joseph McCarthy’d.
Link Posted: 2/24/2023 11:05:43 AM EDT
[#30]
Xenu
Link Posted: 2/24/2023 11:07:38 AM EDT
[#31]
IBTL
Link Posted: 2/24/2023 11:08:11 AM EDT
[#32]
All religion is bullshit.
Link Posted: 2/24/2023 11:09:26 AM EDT
[#33]
Their founder was a stolen valor psychopath.  Who made claims that on the surface of them would be erotic fiction to a gun store counter commando.
Link Posted: 2/24/2023 11:10:48 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Something to add a little perspective about Scientology:  Before L. Ron Hubbard founded it, he is quoted as saying "If you want to get rich, you start a religion."

So that's what he did.  And since he could loosely be described as a "science fiction writer" it is no surprise that the religion he created has a lot of science fiction elements.

Maybe in a few thousand years, Scientology make acquire an aura of "truth" about it but it doesn't have one now.
View Quote

This...
Link Posted: 2/24/2023 11:15:26 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Ancient traditions and kooky religions are no match for a blaster at your side.
View Quote

I’d be disappointed if you took the FPNI spot, and managed to screw up the quote.

So close to greatness.
Link Posted: 2/24/2023 11:16:55 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Scientology is just wholly fabricated nonsense in recent times.  It's just absolute bollocks.  

It's right up there with being a Protestant.

View Quote

Very good!
I am Protestant, sorta kinda and this makes me laugh!

Link Posted: 2/24/2023 11:32:20 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote

Harlan Ellison & Robin Williams discuss LRH
Link Posted: 2/24/2023 11:35:12 AM EDT
[#38]
Ron is Xenu.
Link Posted: 2/24/2023 11:37:14 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Their founder was a stolen valor psychopath.  Who made claims that on the surface of them would be erotic fiction to a gun store counter commando.
View Quote

Failed sci-fi writer who decided that the way to $$$ was to create a religion.
Link Posted: 2/24/2023 11:46:07 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
All religion is bullshit.
View Quote

IBTL for COC 1
Link Posted: 2/24/2023 11:51:21 AM EDT
[#41]
“You don't get rich writing science fiction. If you want to get rich, you start a religion.” ? L. Ron Hubbard.
Link Posted: 2/24/2023 11:51:40 AM EDT
[#42]
An absolute fake religion period.
Link Posted: 2/24/2023 11:51:54 AM EDT
[#43]
Shorts: Whatever you do, don’t go near those guys. They’re Scientologists.
Big Stan: They don’t don’t look so tough.
Shorts:  Yea, they’ll talk your ear off and then sue your ass.

Big Stan
Link Posted: 2/24/2023 11:53:02 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
In before Catholics aren’t Christian
View Quote

Is the Pope Catholic?
Link Posted: 2/24/2023 11:56:19 AM EDT
[#45]
Every real man founds his own religion. How can someone else's ramblings "save" you?
Link Posted: 2/24/2023 11:58:04 AM EDT
[#46]
Here's a interview with the actress from "King of Queens"

She was a life long scientologist who grew up in the cult.

Scientology is nothing more than an extremely powerful cult that also has a lot of "dissapeared" people involved with it.  They also have HUGE reinforced compounds throughout the country with in house Mercenaries protecting them.

Joe Rogan Experience #908 - Leah Remini
Link Posted: 2/24/2023 12:04:24 PM EDT
[#48]
They got some kooky stuff with electric fields and stuff where you hold some "sensor" things.

Suppose it doesn't really matter a whole lot. If it is a superior race of aliens or an omnipotent God, who would really know the difference?

How were the aliens created?

Link Posted: 2/24/2023 12:04:28 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
“You don't get rich writing science fiction. If you want to get rich, you start a religion.” ? L. Ron Hubbard.
View Quote

Occult History Behind The JPL  L Ron Hubbard & Jack Parsons

He was a disciple of “the wickedest man alive” Aleister Crowley. Scientology founder L. Ron Hubbard performed magick rituals with him, stole his girlfriend and conned him out of his life’s savings. And the rockets he helped develop eventually put us on the Moon.

He’s also the subject of “Blood & Rockets” from Les Claypool and Sean Lennon — The Claypool Lennon Delirium — on their latest release, South of Reality.

His legend and renown continue to grow. So why not a fresh look at the fascinating and enigmatic Jack Parsons? His life was as colorful as the glare of his rockets; his death in 1952 in an accidental explosion, still mysterious.

Parsons’ life path intersected with those of two Modern Holy Men, Crowley and Hubbard. He was a personal link incarnate between the two men, and, in some ways, between Crowley’s Thelema and Hubbard’s Scientology. The two men were instrumental in what Parsons viewed as his life’s major Magickal undertaking, The Babalon (sic) Working.
Link Posted: 2/24/2023 12:05:58 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

I’d be disappointed if you took the FPNI spot, and managed to screw up the quote.

So close to greatness.
View Quote

It was so good it was Hokey Good
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Top Top