Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 10
Posted: 12/18/2019 5:01:06 PM EDT
All,

This morning VCDL issued a statement which shocked many supporters and intended attendees of Virginia's Lobby Day in Richmond on 20 January 2020.  Many individuals have taken great offense to the very concept that VCDL would recommend against carrying long guns or wearing tactical gear at Virginia's Lobby Day. The Virginia Battle Buddies (including NOVA, North Shenandoah, Central Virginia, and Hampton Roads) leadership have agreed to the following statement being released on behalf of our groups.

VCDL has done immense things for gun rights in Virginia, and even for the nation.  VCDL has been punching above it's weight class for some years, and has done a better job of defending gun rights than some ostensibly pro-gun organizations that are much larger, better funded, and with seemingly greater reach. The Virginia Battle Buddies have the utmost respect for VCDL and the work they have done in furtherance of our collective civil and constitutional rights. In this particular instance however, we must respectfully disagree with their stance and break ranks with them. This is not meant to be disparaging or divisive, but quite the opposite.  VCDL is an inherently political organization.  What they do requires a clean look and a nice, neat public image- and that remains as true at Virginia's Lobby Day as it ever has been.

Remember that this is Virginia's Lobby Day.  Not VCDL Lobby Day.  And you are invited to attend.

We are at an incredibly dangerous point in our nation's history.  Our legislature has declared themselves able, and having the intent, to override constitutional rights through statutory law.  When faced with outcry over such an injustice, the government of the commonwealth has then threatened to utilize force and violence on those who dare not comply.  It is imperative now, at Virginia's Lobby Day, and after, that the sons and daughters of Virginia and their friends and allies from across the nation rally together in defense of our most precious liberties.

It is an unpopular thing in society to breathe aloud words that consider the true intent of our right to keep and bear arms.

Arms- not guns, not swords, not grenades, but arms.  What are those arms which it speaks of?  At the time of adoption, "arms" were considered the ordinary implements of the soldier used for offense and defense.  Arms covers much more than firearms.  Today, arms include body armor, helmets, night vision and thermal equipment, knives, pistols, and much more- to include, and especially assault weapons.  Not "Modern Sporting Rifles" as some ostensibly pro-gun organizations would call them.  Assault weapons- those arms designed in a manner which would facilitate a citizen soldier in most effectively defending his rights, property, and very life. We should not play word games to appease our would-be oppressors, as those word games have brought us nothing but continued slow erosion of our rights.

Those arms are essential to creating balance.  Societies which strike a balance between the ability of the citizenry and the government to project violence are generally free societies with respectful governance.  If the scale tips too far towards the citizenry having a monopoly on violence, there is anarchy. If the same scales tip too far towards a government monopoly on capability to project violence, you find despotism. Right now, the legislature intends to tilt the balance heavily in favor of the government. And so to arms we must fly.

Being armed is not, however, sufficient.  Everything we do must be cool and calculated.  Choosing to arrive at Virginia's Lobby Day in large numbers, wearing armor and carrying rifles, is a calculated move.  It is a rattlesnake shaking its tail, warning a would be attacker that it is on the path to folly. Arriving en masse at Virginia's Lobby Day armed and armored is the rattling of our tail, warning the legislature that they are on the verge of making a horrible mistake.

It is not enough to make a calculated move though.  We must also be calm and collected.  When the rattlesnake begins rattling its tail, it does not flail about, or squirm and shake in fear.  To do so would diminish or completely ruin the effect brought by the rattle.  The snake is calm, resolved, and focused.  It collects itself together, and is coiled ready to strike if it must. The rattling is not a threat of violence.  It is an effort to stave off violence, to prevent violence from ever being necessary- while showing that it is prepared to strike if it is forced to do so.  Virginia's Lobby Day is absolutely not a day for violence- nor is it a day to loudly and obnoxiously act out.  It is a day to be the rattlesnake.  Collected, calmly demonstrating that we will not be trifled with.

We encourage you to attend Virginia's Lobby Day.  Please do not let VCDL's public stance on long guns deter you.  I myself will be carrying a Mk18. This is a play in which we all have parts. If you choose to attend and wish to bring a long gun, we encourage you to do so.  There will be hundreds of us there with long guns. Simply remember that you will need to hand it off to someone if you intend to go inside to speak with your legislators.  You should also remember that if you intend to speak to your legislators, you should make some effort to look presentable.

The Virginia Battle Buddies also encourage you to reach out and let us know you are coming if you intend to arrive in tactical gear and a long gun- we would like to make things as organized as possible.  Citizens well organized will always have a greater effect, in so many ways, than an unorganized mob.

While VBB and VCDL diverge on one matter of opinion, we would like to reinforce that we are all on the same team- one team, one fight.  Let's keep working together to make sure we are organized to win this non-kinetic fight, rather than let it devolve into an uncivilized brawl.

Semper Fidelis,

NOVA Battle Buddies
Northern Shenandoah Battle Buddies
Central Virginia Battle Buddies
Hampton Roads/Tidewater Battle Buddies
Link Posted: 12/18/2019 5:03:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Well said.
Link Posted: 12/18/2019 5:04:35 PM EDT
[#2]
I can respect that VA brothers!

I know it's the smart move but damn part of me really wants to just get this done and over with.

I would be curious to know at what threshold VCDL would say "well boys we tried our best and diplomacy has failed. Let's do this."  would it be after laws are passed? After guns get taken? After NG engages? After first loss in court? After loss in Supreme Court?
Link Posted: 12/18/2019 5:07:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Well said!  Wish all you Virginians all the luck on the 20th!

Link Posted: 12/18/2019 5:07:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks Ben. I am 100% on board with this.
Link Posted: 12/18/2019 5:07:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Extremely well stated. I'm honored to even have the opportunity to show up and be a part of this.
Link Posted: 12/18/2019 5:08:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Excellent, OP. Excellent.

It needed to be said.
Link Posted: 12/18/2019 5:09:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Got chills.

Seriously.

Godspeed.
Link Posted: 12/18/2019 5:09:24 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
All,

This morning VCDL issued a statement which shocked many supporters and intended attendees of Virginia's Lobby Day in Richmond on 20 January 2020.  Many individuals have taken great offense to the very concept that VCDL would recommend against carrying long guns or wearing tactical gear at Virginia's Lobby Day. The Virginia Battle Buddies (including NOVA, North Shenandoah, Central Virginia, and Hampton Roads) leadership have agreed to the following statement being released on behalf of our groups.

VCDL has done immense things for gun rights in Virginia, and even for the nation.  VCDL has been punching above it's weight class for some years, and has done a better job of defending gun rights than some ostensibly pro-gun organizations that are much larger, better funded, and with seemingly greater reach. The Virginia Battle Buddies have the utmost respect for VCDL and the work they have done in furtherance of our collective civil and constitutional rights. In this particular instance however, we must respectfully disagree with their stance and break ranks with them. This is not meant to be disparaging or divisive, but quite the opposite.  VCDL is an inherently political organization.  What they do requires a clean look and a nice, neat public image- and that remains as true at Virginia's Lobby Day as it ever has been.

Remember that this is Virginia's Lobby Day.  Not VCDL Lobby Day.  And you are invited to attend.

We are at an incredibly dangerous point in our nation's history.  Our legislature has declared themselves able, and having the intent, to override constitutional rights through statutory law.  When faced with outcry over such an injustice, the government of the commonwealth has then threatened to utilize force and violence on those who dare not comply.  It is imperative now, at Virginia's Lobby Day, and after, that the sons and daughters of Virginia and their friends and allies from across the nation rally together in defense of our most precious liberties.

It is an unpopular thing in society to breathe allowed words that consider the true intent of our right to keep and bear arms.

Arms- not guns, not swords, not grenades, but arms.  What are those arms which it speaks of?  At the time of adoption, "arms" were considered the ordinary implements of the soldier used for offense and defense.  Arms covers much more than firearms.  Today, arms include body armor, helmets, night vision and thermal equipment, knives, pistols, and much more- to include, and especially assault weapons.  Not "Modern Sporting Rifles" as some ostensibly pro-gun organizations would call them.  Assault weapons- those arms designed in a manner which would facilitate a citizen soldier in most effectively defending his rights, property, and very life. We should not play word games to appease our would-be oppressors, as those word games have brought us nothing but continued slow erosion of our rights.

Those arms are essential to creating balance.  Societies which strike a balance between the ability of the citizenry and the government to project violence are generally free societies with respectful governance.  If the scale tips too far towards the citizenry having a monopoly on violence, there is anarchy. If the same scales tip too far towards a government monopoly on capability to project violence, you find despotism. Right now, the legislature intends to tilt the balance heavily in favor of the government. And so to arms we must fly.

Being armed is not, however, sufficient.  Everything we do must be cool and calculated.  Choosing to arrive at Virginia's Lobby Day in large numbers, wearing armor and carrying rifles, is a calculated move.  It is a rattlesnake shaking its tail, warning a would be attacker that it is on the path to folly. Arriving en masse at Virginia's Lobby Day armed and armored is the rattling of our tail, warning the legislature that they are on the verge of making a horrible mistake.

It is not enough to make a calculated move though.  We must also be calm and collected.  When the rattlesnake begins rattling its tail, it does not flail about, or squirm and shake in fear.  To do so would diminish or completely ruin the effect brought by the rattle.  The snake is calm, resolved, and focused.  It collects itself together, and is coiled ready to strike if it must. The rattling is not a threat of violence.  It is an effort to stave off violence, to prevent violence from ever being necessary- while showing that it is prepared to strike if it is forced to do so.  Virginia's Lobby Day is absolutely not a day for violence- nor is it a day to loudly and obnoxiously act out.  It is a day to be the rattlesnake.  Collected, calmly demonstrating that we will not be trifled with.

We encourage you to attend Virginia's Lobby Day.  Please do not let VCDL's public stance on long guns deter you.  This is a play in which we all have parts. If you choose to attend and wish to bring a long gun, we encourage you to do so.  There will be hundreds of us there with long guns. Simply remember that you will need to hand it off to someone if you intend to go inside to speak with your legislators.  You should also remember that if you intend to speak to your legislators, you should make some effort to look presentable.

The Virginia Battle Buddies also encourage you to reach out and let us know you are coming if you intend to arrive in tactical gear and a long gun- we would like to make things as organized as possible.  Citizens well organized will always have a greater effect, in so many ways, than an unorganized mob.

While VBB and VCDL diverge on one matter of opinion, we would like to reinforce that we are all on the same team- one team, one fight.  Let's keep working together to make sure we are organized to win this non-kinetic fight, rather than let it devolve into an uncivilized brawl.

Semper Fidelis,

NOVA Battle Buddies
View Quote
this is the correct stance
Link Posted: 12/18/2019 5:10:46 PM EDT
[#9]
how did OP get a screen-name change?
Link Posted: 12/18/2019 5:12:17 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
He showed up at DK-Prof's house in his battle rattle and made it happen.
Link Posted: 12/18/2019 5:12:24 PM EDT
[#11]
That works!
Link Posted: 12/18/2019 5:12:46 PM EDT
[#12]
I know Washington is more liberal overall, but have historically had some good gun rights. You guys need to organize better, follow the VCDL's example.
Link Posted: 12/18/2019 5:13:05 PM EDT
[#13]
Well said.  Thank you.

Gun owners of VA, unite!!!

We must all recognize:

Virginia 2019 = Germany 1928

Gun Laws were gateway / precursor to Nazi tyranny
Link Posted: 12/18/2019 5:13:13 PM EDT
[#14]
Hear Hear.
Link Posted: 12/18/2019 5:13:25 PM EDT
[#15]
Thank you sir....well said.
Link Posted: 12/18/2019 5:14:04 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote
Link Posted: 12/18/2019 5:15:00 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Extremely well stated. I'm honored to even have the opportunity to show up and be a part of this.
View Quote
Tennessee stands with Virginia!
Link Posted: 12/18/2019 5:15:04 PM EDT
[#18]
You're the real MVP!  VCDL is too.  Do not throw the baby out with the bath water.  Don't lose sight of the shared goal.

Be courteous in ALL that you do, but do keep your heads on a swivel.
Link Posted: 12/18/2019 5:15:59 PM EDT
[#19]
Well said brother!

Founder,
Shenandoah Battle Buddies
Link Posted: 12/18/2019 5:15:59 PM EDT
[#20]
Semper Fi
Link Posted: 12/18/2019 5:16:36 PM EDT
[#21]
That sounds more like it.

Although I get their defense of VCDL.  I wish vcdl had articulated why better....... might not have caused such a WTF reaction.

More akin to fighting on multiple fronts with the same goal sort of thing.
Link Posted: 12/18/2019 5:17:05 PM EDT
[#22]
I for one am proud of my Virginia patriot bothers.
Link Posted: 12/18/2019 5:18:27 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Well said brother!

Founder,
Shenandoah Battle Buddies
View Quote
I keep referring to you all as Northern Shenandoah Battle Buddies in hopes that someone will start a chapter in the Southern Shenandoah.
Link Posted: 12/18/2019 5:20:10 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote
Because he’s not a lawyer.
Link Posted: 12/18/2019 5:20:38 PM EDT
[#25]
I was stunned with VCDL's stance this morning, after stewing on it throughout the day I had made up my mind to come armed to the teeth anyway. Glad to see similar resolve amongst the community.

We've tried to appease them, and every time we roll over they come back asking for more....
Link Posted: 12/18/2019 5:20:55 PM EDT
[#26]
hey, OP, should it be breathe ALOUD?  instead of allowed?

Look at me, I'm helping!
Link Posted: 12/18/2019 5:22:20 PM EDT
[#27]
Godspeed, Brothers
Link Posted: 12/18/2019 5:22:44 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Look at me, I'm helping!
View Quote
Look dude- the ability of Marine's to correctly spell out what is happening in their head is way harder when it isn't done in either crayon, or sharpie. OK?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 12/18/2019 5:23:27 PM EDT
[#29]
Agreed.

Well said brother.
Link Posted: 12/18/2019 5:25:51 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Look dude- the ability of Marine's to correctly spell out what is happening in their head is way harder when it isn't done in either crayon, or sharpie. OK?

Thanks!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Look at me, I'm helping!

Thanks!
godspeed man
Link Posted: 12/18/2019 5:26:30 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I was stunned with VCDL's stance this morning, after stewing on it throughout the day I had made up my mind to come armed to the teeth anyway. Glad to see similar resolve amongst the community.

We've tried to appease them, and every time we roll over they come back asking for more....
View Quote
You'll be shoulder to shoulder with fellow goons
Link Posted: 12/18/2019 5:26:44 PM EDT
[#32]
Incredibly well said.

Thank you for taking this on.
Link Posted: 12/18/2019 5:27:49 PM EDT
[#33]
Hoping praying thousand + show up in full kit, not hundreds
Link Posted: 12/18/2019 5:27:50 PM EDT
[#34]

Stand strong Virginia.
Link Posted: 12/18/2019 5:28:07 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 12/18/2019 5:28:51 PM EDT
[#36]
Well stated.  Good luck Virginia.
Link Posted: 12/18/2019 5:29:04 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote
I thought the sane thing

For real though, you’re a good man, Ben.
Link Posted: 12/18/2019 5:29:35 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote
+1

How's everything?
Link Posted: 12/18/2019 5:31:29 PM EDT
[#39]
Hear, hear!
Link Posted: 12/18/2019 5:31:52 PM EDT
[#40]
This.

While I know that it is a huge motivator for folks to he able to show up in battle dress and show them that we are ready to fight, I think this is the wrong time.

However, if they ignore us this time, the next one is the right time.
Link Posted: 12/18/2019 5:32:02 PM EDT
[#41]
We continue preparing.
Link Posted: 12/18/2019 5:32:28 PM EDT
[#42]
I'm outraged and demand a 17 page diatribe and people threatening to not show up (even though we knew they weren't going to show up anyway).

I'll see you all in Richmond on 20th.
Link Posted: 12/18/2019 5:32:42 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 12/18/2019 5:33:29 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote
If it weren’t over 2,000 miles, I would be there.
Link Posted: 12/18/2019 5:39:53 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
This.

While I know that it is a huge motivator for folks to he able to show up in battle dress and show them that we are ready to fight, I think this is the wrong time.

However, if they ignore us this time, the next one is the right time.
View Quote
It’s easy to procrastinate when you aren’t the one who  is being turned into a felon or having veiled threats of the National Guard being called on you.
Link Posted: 12/18/2019 5:40:01 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
All,

It is an unpopular thing in society to breathe aloud words that consider the true intent of our right to keep and bear arms.

We encourage you to attend Virginia's Lobby Day.  Please do not let VCDL's public stance on long guns deter you.  I myself will be carrying a Mk18. This is a play in which we all have parts. If you choose to attend and wish to bring a long gun, we encourage you to do so.  There will be hundreds of us there with long guns. Simply remember that you will need to hand it off to someone if you intend to go inside to speak with your legislators.  You should also remember that if you intend to speak to your legislators, you should make some effort to look presentable.

Semper Fidelis,

NOVA Battle Buddies
View Quote
Outstanding.
Link Posted: 12/18/2019 5:40:02 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View Quote
These things happen
Link Posted: 12/18/2019 5:40:21 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

I keep referring to you all as Northern Shenandoah Battle Buddies in hopes that someone will start a chapter in the Southern Shenandoah.
View Quote
Haha. It started as SBB, then we were all unwilling to drive down to Blacksburg for someone saying they were technically Shenandoah too.  It's now NSBB. The line ends at Augusta.

Likewise, we're hoping someone would corner the Roanoke side of the valley.
Link Posted: 12/18/2019 5:44:05 PM EDT
[#49]
Wow, very well said.
Link Posted: 12/18/2019 5:44:42 PM EDT
[#50]
@ben

Well said brother
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 10
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top