Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/20/2018 5:02:49 PM EDT
I met the man many years ago.   His son was in my graduating class at the Culinary Institute of America.    He was also my graduation speaker.

I have few regrets in life.   One of which is when I was working in Montreux Switzerland back in 93, that I didn't make it to his restaurant.
Link Posted: 1/20/2018 5:05:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/20/2018 5:06:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I met the man many years ago.   His son was in my graduating class at the Culinary Institute of America.    He was also my graduation speaker.

I have few regrets in life.   One of which is when I was working in Montreux Switzerland back in 93, that I didn't make it to his restaurant.
View Quote
Did he invent french fries
Link Posted: 1/20/2018 5:19:15 PM EDT
[#3]
I know and have worked for his son...met Paul once...that said 91 is a good number
Link Posted: 1/20/2018 5:37:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Paul Bocuse was as close as we had to a modern day Escoffier.
Link Posted: 1/20/2018 5:44:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote
We went their around the same time- he was in a class or two ahead of my original group
Link Posted: 1/20/2018 5:49:50 PM EDT
[#6]
He didnt invent fondue but respect  
Link Posted: 1/20/2018 6:04:40 PM EDT
[#7]
I live in Lyon and he was more than famous here, RIP.
Link Posted: 1/20/2018 8:05:35 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

We went their around the same time- he was in a class or two ahead of my original group
View Quote
@nutter I graduated in 92.   Did you have Corky for fish kitchen?
Link Posted: 1/20/2018 8:07:06 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I know and have worked for his son...met Paul once...that said 91 is a good number
View Quote
I rode motorcycles a few times with Jerome.   On of my old boss's competed in the Bocuse D'or.
Link Posted: 1/20/2018 8:09:34 PM EDT
[#10]
His contributions to the culinary arts will live on in perpetuity.

RIP Chef.
Link Posted: 1/20/2018 10:20:31 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

@nutter I graduated in 92.   Did you have Corky for fish kitchen?
View Quote
I graduated in 92 as well. I did not have Corky- he was am and I was PM. I had the other Chef for Fish Kitchen- he came from Bounty kitchen. I can not remember his name though
Link Posted: 1/20/2018 10:25:18 PM EDT
[#12]
RIP.

Pass the butter.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top