Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/3/2011 2:27:36 PM EDT
Picked up a 65M from sxp1 here in the EE just to have and it turned out to be quite a shooter .
I tossed an old K-6 on the only rimfire mount I had , sighted her in  and shot about 120 rds off of CCI 40gr and Rem Premier 33gr V-Max at 50 and 100yds.

5 shot groups , same scope setting , center hold on dot ;

Im curious though , how do you get the bolt out ? Looks like you disassemble the trigger group to uncover the back of the action ?

Out of three different boxes of two different kinds of ammo , I had 7 duds; 3 of one 4 of the other .
I'm guessing the firing pin spring is a little weak or needs a good cleaning .....or both . She doesnt eject shells all that great and I'd say one in ten pop off the bolt face before its ejected , forcing me to drop the mag to clear .

Anyone familiar with disassembling these ? I've got the blow-up diagram from Numrich , but it isnt much help.
Link Posted: 1/3/2011 2:55:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Close up of  action :

Link Posted: 1/3/2011 2:57:56 PM EDT
[#2]
You see that round thing sticking up into the bolt in front of the trigger group.

Have you tried pulling the trigger and pulling the bolt out.
Link Posted: 1/3/2011 3:06:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Just figured her out

Quoted:
You see that round thing sticking up into the bolt in front of the trigger group.

Have you tried pulling the trigger and pulling the bolt out.

Thats what I had to do . That screw youre referring to , after the two pins in the trigger group , and two more screws .........then the plug comes outa the end , then the bolt slides out .

Gawdang .......it certainly aint no Model 10 . I thought there might be some secret button or sumptin.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top