I have a 1957 Colt Sistema for sale. Its in nice condition and has never failed to work properly (no FTF or FTE's ). I have several accessories and other extras that go with it, and I also have pictures for it.
I would prefer to sell to local members in Maryland so I don't have to ship due to cost. If someone out of state is interested in buying it I would ship on your dime. The shipping carriers such as UPS and FedEx require handguns be sent by Overnight AIR!
The pistol has about 65% original finish but it is thin. The other 35% has a grayish patina and zero rust. I have owned it for about 5-6 years but I don't get to the range much anymore. Since I've owned it I've shot about 300 to 350 rounds of 230 grain military ball ammo through it w/o any malfunctions.
In the first two pics the 1911 is in "as issued" condition. The pistol appears blue due to flash but in person the original finish looks black.
The serial numbers match on the frame, slide, and barrel. It comes with two magazines, one is original but it has non-matching numbers and the other is an aftermarket 8 rd. made by MEC-GAR. Although its 53 years old the slide to frame fit is still within specs for an issue pistol.
I have installed some parts from Wilson Combat but no mods were done to the frame. The parts from Wilson Combat are #1,beavertail grip safety, #2 commander style hammer, #3, trigger, #4 the sear. There is a "competition disconnector" from Cylinder & Slide and the grips are fingergroove wrap-around from PACHMAYR . The sear spring is from WOLFE Inc.
The aftermarket parts were almost $300.00 before shipping. I have all of the original parts to put it back to "issue" condition. There's a ballistic nylon ambi-dextrous holster w/ extra mag pouch + a dual magazine also in ballistic nylon is included.
I'll also include shop manuals written by Jerry Kuhnhausen. They are Part I & Part II. These are in "as new" condition and retailed for almost $60.00 w/o shipping from Brownells.
If you have questions you can contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
I'm asking $700.00 with everything.
Parts NOT Pictured but included: Original Hammer,grip safety, grips, sear,disconnector,sear spring & trigger as seen in the first two pics and the Kuhnhausen manuals.
I changed to aftermarket parts from Wilson Combat because of "hammerbite".
PS: I will sell on a C & R license .