Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/23/2012 11:02:48 AM EDT
I want to start competing in several gun sports and was wondering about being someone economical (to start) and using one lower for several sports.
This mean my choice would be a Geissele Automatics High Speed National Match Service Rifle Trigger.
My question is how good or bad of a choice would this be for 3-Gun?
I figure it's at least better than a stock trigger for all sports.
What do you think?
Link Posted: 4/23/2012 1:27:31 PM EDT
[#1]
How about listing all the sports you want to shoot with this lower?
Link Posted: 4/24/2012 12:08:27 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Basically I'd like to also compete in NRA HP/Service Rifle/OMCP as well as some rimfire match stuff.
Looking over the rules and Geissele's different triggers, The SSA may be a better compromise than the Service Rifle Trigger I originally asked about.
Which would be better on my wallet anyway.
Thoughts?
Link Posted: 4/24/2012 6:51:00 AM EDT
[#3]
I would find out if JP makes a trigger for the sports you mentioned to expand your choices.  Also if you plan on using a Nordic NC22 upper for rimfire, the latest version has had an issue with certain Geissele triggers.  Specifically, my Geissele S3G would not reliably ignite the primers on my ammo.  I believe its due to the design of their hammer.
Link Posted: 4/24/2012 7:00:10 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I would find out if JP makes a trigger for the sports you mentioned to expand your choices.  Also if you plan on using a Nordic NC22 upper for rimfire, the latest version has had an issue with certain Geissele triggers.  Specifically, my Geissele S3G would not reliably ignite the primers on my ammo.  I believe its due to the design of their hammer.

I'm looking at using CMMG .22lr uppers.
Link Posted: 4/24/2012 3:30:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Basically I'd like to also compete in NRA HP/Service Rifle/OMCP as well as some rimfire match stuff.
Looking over the rules and Geissele's different triggers, The SSA may be a better compromise than the Service Rifle Trigger I originally asked about.
Which would be better on my wallet anyway.
Thoughts?

If you want to shoot High Power, get a White Oak tuned Rock river 2 stage, should work ok with a 22 upper.

If you want to shoot 3 Gun, them get a Geissle 3G, JP, or another single stage.

The shooting styles are very different.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top