Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/25/2011 6:04:13 AM EDT
I'm off work today and enjoying a beautiful morning so I thought I would show what an Eberlestock is capable of carrying.  This is a Gunslinger II, with (2) surplus USGI ACOG pouches on the left and right side, a USGI gas mask pouch on the front and an Eberlestock padded pouch on the bottom.  

In the gas mask pouch, I have a small first aid kit, drink bottle, and eye pro.  Each ACOG pouch carries 2 rifle mags (30 round AR mags or 20 round 308 mags fit great).  I have a Leatherman MUT on the left side.  The padded pouch towards the top of the pack has a timer and ear pro.  The bottom pouch has a range finder and camera, with enough room for some other stuff. You can't see the two lower side pockets, one contains a OTIS 308 cleaning kit, the other has a rain cover for the pack.

Opening up the inside, I have two double pistol mag pouches and a double AR mag pouch.  The AR mag pouch has some snacks since 308 mags won't fit.  My pistol is in the rug.

Meat and potatos.  100 rounds of shotgun in the bottom, 150 rounds of pistol on the right side, 20 rounds of slug on the left.  I could double the pistol and slug ammo if needed.  Two more rifle mag carriers on the inside sides too for a total of 6 mags and 120 rounds.  I also carry a sectional cleaning rod for stuck case removal.

The top pouch has tools and small parts.  Inside the zippered pouch are choke tube and wrench, allen wrench set, Samson Field Survivor, M14 combo tool, batteries, superglue, and electrical tape.

I think I carry too much crap....but it sucks to have to walk back to the truck for something when in the back 40 at Rockcastle.
Link Posted: 11/25/2011 6:15:21 AM EDT
[#1]
Nice set up and obviously very organized.  What is your estimate on weight?

I swear on match day I seem to be loading up more stuff than when I moved into my first house.  
Link Posted: 11/25/2011 6:26:57 AM EDT
[#2]
That is an awesome setup!

My friends and I got one of those garden wagons to haul our stuff around at the matches.  But, for Just Me, I have eyed a bag like that.  It's either one of those, or a converted baby stroller...
Link Posted: 11/25/2011 7:08:53 AM EDT
[#3]
Keep in mind I shoot Heavy Metal, so my rifle ammo and pistol ammo is at least twice the weight of most.  With rifle mags loaded it weighs right at 75# as you see it.  But it gets noticably lighter with every stage!  
Link Posted: 11/25/2011 11:43:52 AM EDT
[#4]
With that setup, you could shoot Iron Man!  Which is way hardcore!
Link Posted: 2/9/2012 9:49:17 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

That is an awesome setup!

My friends and I got one of those garden wagons to haul our stuff around at the matches.  But, for Just Me, I have eyed a bag like that.  It's either one of those, or a converted baby stroller...

I'm still waiting for my youngest of 3 to outgrow strollers so I can steal the jogging stroller

Link Posted: 2/16/2012 7:05:59 AM EDT
[#6]
where's the bucket of chicken and a table and chair to eat from?
Link Posted: 2/23/2012 5:22:03 AM EDT
[#7]
How does the pack hold up to that much weight?
Link Posted: 2/23/2012 12:42:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
How does the pack hold up to that much weight?

Guaranteed by Eberlestock.  If it fails, they fix it or replace it.

I've been using it hard for two years now and other than one small area of stiching at the top handle, it looks like new.
Link Posted: 2/24/2012 8:26:32 AM EDT
[#9]
Are the rifle scabbards large enough to put an AR with a mounted 1-4x in it. Wondering if the are wide enough to accommodate the rifle and the optic.

Reply digging the setup. Looks efficient.

Eta: I see that they are both in the center pouch. Same question though. Will a non optic shotgun and an AR fit in there?
Link Posted: 2/24/2012 8:34:07 AM EDT
[#10]
I just got my first Gunslinger II, and the scabbard easily fits my 20" AR and a Leupold Mark 4 MR/T M2 (2.5-8x36) on a LaRue LT158 mount

ETA - I see you wanted to know about a rifle with an optic AND a shotgun.  I'm pretty sure without a mag in the AR they would both fit.  They might both fit with a mag in the AR, but I haven't tried it.

The scabbard is almost as wide as the pack itself.

Link Posted: 2/24/2012 9:39:23 AM EDT
[#11]
Yes, a rifle w/ an optic will fit in the scabbard along w/ a shotgun, but they are stacked, not side by side.  It's important to check out the particular model of Eberlestock before purchasing though.  Some of their packs are designed for hunting and won't take a AR w/ optic.  I had a Dragonfly, and while a very nice, well built pack, it wouldn't hold an AR very well.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top