Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/27/2006 7:14:34 PM EDT
I am in the market for a 30-06 remington 700 and want one with iron sights. I have found some 700adls with laminated stocks and with the synthetic stocks at walmart that have the iron sights for $439. The only problems I have with those is that the walmart gunrack scratches the barrels because there is no padding on it. The manager would not work with me on discounting the rifles. The only local gunshop that isnt a crook only deals in used rifles, usually not very new. I would rather have something new. Most all the used 700s I have seen have the wood stock with the black front cap that to me is the absolute ugliest thing. Any help would be appreciated.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 7:44:29 AM EDT
[#1]
A used one could be a better one, if you buy it right.  All you need is an action with the proper bolt that you want for size of the cartridge base.  Buy it cheap and send it off for a good barrel.  Install and bed your choice of stock.  Have the barrel dovetail milled or drill/tap for the sight system you want.  When you are done, you will have a great shooter that is extremely accurate, on a decent budget.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top